Whats on the plate 8/5/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am not sure yet but being it is going to be hotter than hades today it will be something quick!!

K

Kimchee

Got some leftover Strip Steak (dunno how THAT happened), so it is becoming
Lemongrass and Basil stir fry, with shiitake mushrooms, peppers onions and broccoli.
Udon noodles and either dumplings or eggrolls are also on the menu.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I know what you mean Peeps...the heat index here today is 109 :ohmy:. Thank goodness for A/C...until I get the electric bill anyway...last month's bill was the highest we've had in the 25 years we've lived here...$195!!!!!! I'm not looking forward to this month's bill either :sad:. I'll be glad when fall gets here.

Anyway, to get back on topic...I've got some b/s chicken breasts thawed out so, I'll be cooking those on the grill along with some packet potatoes and I haven't decided on the veggie yet. Don't want to heat up the house.

mhend

It's hot here too! On my drive out to the country my car temp read 102 all the way up. I think the heat index is somewhere around the same, Mama. So, I will be cooking something light too...gonna try Cooksie's salmon! Can't wait!

lilylove

Lamb burgers or lamb meat balls depending on how lazy I'm feeling around dinner time. Steamed or roasted veggies and a Greek Salad to go with.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Talk about HOT! I swear I'm going to start wrapping meat in foil first thing in the morning and then throw it on top of the roof. By the time I get home, it should be well done! :lol:

Not sure what I'm cooking tonight. Maybe pork tenderloin.

Kimchee and Lily, both of you have such incredible sounding dinners. Kimchee, you typically have an Asian slant to yours, and Lily has a Greek slant. Any reason why?

I think Lily's husband is Greek? Is that right?

Kimchee, why the big Asian influence on your end? Oh, and I LOVE Udon noodles! Awesome!

K

Kimchee

Hey Keltin!
Probably because it is so fun to cook. I'm a big fan of knife prep work, and there's lots of that in Asian cooking. And I am a putzer... gotta stir and peek and wok cooking is a good method for putzers! (Crock pot cooking just drives me batty.. can't open the lid and putz???????????AUgggggggh)
Also, the flavors they use speak the language of my tongue fluently! (I could drink fish sauce straight, with a few Thai chili chasers, LOL)!
And there is a lot of lightly cooked vegetables in Asian food, which is my preferred way of cooking them.

My lunch is an Asian noodle bowl, been the same thing for almost 3 years now. Currently it is more of a soup than a salad.. always evolving. Great fun!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have been putting off dinner!! LOL I am thinking spinach salad, tomatoes (either sliced on plate, tomato salad with french bread to dip in juices or bruschetta TBD) and b/s chicken breasts (either turned into cutlets or strips, dredged in seasoned flour and quickly fried. Then turn the drippings into a plain or lemon gravy OR seared and then baked in toaster oven as a last resort!!).

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've changed my mind...still going with the chicken but I think in honor of the heat, I'm going with something tropical.....I've got some rosemary ranch chicken marinating that I plan to cook on the grill and I'm going to make some Hawaiian fried rice for my CI entry and some peas.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've changed my mind...still going with the chicken but I think in honor of the heat, I'm going with something tropical.....I've got some rosemary ranch chicken marinating that I plan to cook on the grill and I'm going to make some Hawaiian fried rice for my CI entry and some peas.

This morning I saw a pic of the rosemary ranch chicken on one of the food pron sights that I frequent and thought, "Wow, I have got to try that!" I had never heard of it before. Can't wait to see your pic :bounce:.

lilylove

I think Lily's husband is Greek? Is that right?

Well..you're half right Keltin...he's only 1/2 Greek. He's still my Greek God though. ;) :heart::heart:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
I've got fresh shrimp and soft shell crabs here..... Don't know for sure what's happening to them, but I have an idea pasta will be involved.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Changed my mind......I might just raid the meatbox tonight! :yum:

Attachments

• mb.jpg
    mb.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 114

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having flat iron steak, asparagus, and probably a few of those little golden butter potatoes.

mhend

Not as pretty as yours, Cooksie, but this was absolutely delicious! Thank you for posting that recipe! I will be making this again. I also roasted some veggies and had some tomatoes and banana peppers on the side.

Salmon with lemon-butter and caper sauce (4).jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks yummy mhend!!

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut into strips, dredged in seasoned flour (Garlic powder, Onion powder, Adobo (dry powder), Accent, poultry seasoning, Sea Salt, Ground pepper, Cayenne, Paprika, Cayenne). Sides were spinach salad and sliced tomato.

chicken_strips_spinach_salad_080510_P1060114.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:yum::yum::yum:

Looks really good Peeps and mhend!

First time making the rosemary ranch chicken and the Hawaiian stir fry. I'll be making both of them again!
Thank you and WOW!! oh Mama!! recipes?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow, gorgeous dinner Peeps, Mhend, and Mama! Absolutely stunning! And of course.....loving that black plate Peeps! Your rice looks perfect Mama!!! Perfect! :clap:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Mhend. Thank you Keltin (my black plate is lo-jacked!! don't get any ideas!! LOL)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps, mhend and Keltin! I put links to the recipes in the post. The rice was a "dump" recipe.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Spaghetti with shrimp and soft shell crabs - the Gulf is open for business!!

August2010001.jpg

August2010002.jpg

August2010004.jpg

August2010006.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Cooksie!

Vera, that looks amazing! Do you have a recipe for that?