Whats on your plate TGIFriday May 28, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ok time delay!! Lets try this again.

The nominees are:

chicken cutlets
string beans
broccoli
carrots
mushrooms
spinach
tomatoes
bacon
almonds

And the winner is..........

Whats on your plate?

lilylove

Paul didn't make it home in time for dinner last night so we are having the left over TORTAs from Tuesday night. They really turned out well. Next time I"ll just use canned refried beans though. Tastier and easier.

K

Kimchee

I voted for leftover bulgogi fried rice, but got outvoted.
So, pork chops on the grill wins!
Probably with a salad and not sure what else. (I'm voting for grilled fries.)

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Still managing to produce some in the kitchen, considering all I have to work with is one fry pan, one small saucepan, and one small pot, a bunch of foil, and table forks and knives!!

I'm going to make some chicken wings in the oven. I'm doing a boboli type crust with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, also picked up some fruit to go with those. It's really more about the cocktail tonight!!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We're having clams and mussels in a garlicky, wine, and butter sauce. Can't wait :yankchain:.

IMG_2107.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh, those clams and mussels look good! Nice picture! I cooked some pork tenderloin - browned it first, after rubbing it with my own chile seasoning, then finished in oven. Served it on what I call my "zippy noodles" and some fresh green beans (yes, I know they look overcooked. That's the way DH likes them). Pretty tasty.

Attachments

• DSCF9654.jpg
    DSCF9654.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 127

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
And the winner is ......................

Chicken cutlet pounded thin and layered with baby spinach, sliced mushrooms and feta cheese then rolled and pan seared. Finished in convection bake on 450°F. Sides are baked sweet potato and steamed fresh string beans, quartered mushrooms, onion, almonds, butter, sea salt and ground peppercorn blend. Served with lemon wine pan sauce.

spinach_stuffed_chicken_cutlet_052810_1_P1050689.JPG

spinach_stuffed_chicken_cutlet_052810_2_P1050692.JPG

spinach_stuffed_chicken_cutlet_052810_3_P1050696.JPG

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Oh, those clams and mussels look good! Nice picture! I cooked some pork tenderloin - browned it first, after rubbing it with my own chile seasoning, then finished in oven. Served it on what I call my "zippy noodles" and some fresh green beans (yes, I know they look overcooked. That's the way DH likes them). Pretty tasty.
YUMMY!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Oh yum, bopeep - those green beans kick mine all around the block! Your dinner looks wonderful.

GotGarlic

We went out last night, but were disappointed in what is usually a good restaurant. Took forever to get the wings appetizer, then even longer to get DH's fish 'n chips and my salad with French onion soup - not time-consuming dishes. Turned out the kitchen had lost our ticket. The soup was salty and less than full-flavored, which is not usual for them. I wonder if they have a new chef. They did give us a discount for the wait.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Karen & Peeps, the pork and the chicken look fabulous. I'd have a double plate of either of those.

Karen, what are 'spicy noodles'? Is there a recipe?

But Cooksie, the mussels & clams are my mostest favoritest. Do you have an 'after' pic showing those little puffers swimming in butter & garlic? I'll just enjoy them vicariously!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I'll have to admit, these were good :brows:. For the broth I used a shallot, garlic, tomato, parsley, seafood stock, wine, and butter.

IMG_2119.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Thanks, SilverSage - those "zippy noodles" are something I just made up as I went along...I drain the noodles, add about 2 TBS butter and maybe 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of chicken bouillon powder on it and stir it up. Add about 1/4 cup of crema (like sour cream, but not as sour), then a generous amount of dried red pepper flakes (probably about a TBS). Very yummy, and a nice foil for the subtle flavor of pork. Much better than Noodle-Roni.

And LuckyTrim? Your dinner looks awesome. I never thought of doing that with corn. And I love that plate!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
All your dinners look so nice, and Peeps, you sure are coming up with some beautifully, healthy creations dear!

I had a couple of little pork riblets in a very mild, yet delicious bbq sauce at work, along with a salad. They've been serving those riblets for about a month now, and they are a hit among the patients who are allowed them in their diet.
I am thinking they come from a food service place and are not homemade by the kitchen staff. I'll have to ask about it.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank You Sass and SS!!

Sass I am trying to be creative.

BEAUTFUL dinners cooksie and lucky!!

I don't like mussels but those clams are calling me!!

lucky mashies and corn with loaf!! yummy!!

buckytom

Grill Master
i'm drooling, cooksie! beautiful shellfish dish. man, everyone's dinner looks great!

last night, after trimming the 40 foot apple tree, then getting the ool up, i still managed to grill dinner. bbq sauced legs, and evoo and fleur de sel asparagus.

(sorry, the legs are a little out of focus)

img0289os.jpg

img0295h.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i'm drooling, cooksie! beautiful shellfish dish. man, everyone's dinner looks great!

last night, after trimming the 40 foot apple tree, then getting the ool up, i still managed to grill dinner. bbq sauced legs, and evoo and fleur de sel asparagus.

(sorry, the legs are a little out of focus)

img0289os.jpg

img0295h.jpg
looks great bucky!!

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Vera, you are such an artist in the kitchen. I want to eat that right now - and I just finished lunch.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Only if you trade some tenderloin!! I grew up eating overcooked vegetables. Marianne just had no clue about timing...so your green beans would go down just fine over here!!!