Whats cooking TGIFriday May 21, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I'm not quite sure yet but it will probably involve chicken cutlet and corn on the cob.

Whats cooking at your place?

smoke king

Banned
Right now I am planning a lavish dinner-a big ol pot of "I don't know" with some fresh "Not a clue" as a side! :yum:

(hello-Jimmy Johns?)

K

Kimchee

Gonna whip up a batch of fried chicken, mashed taters, gravy, baked beans and cole slaw! And biscuits!
With a secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices..... hahaha OK It's KFC night.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I took some skinless/boneless chicken breasts out of the freezer. I have all day to think about what to do with them.

But it's Friday, and I always work late on Fridays, so it will have to be something easy and quick. Maybe Picatta or Apollo.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Friday-- that most likely means pizza delivery on E wing ;)
They have a special at a place now in town.
1 large pizza with 3 toppings, 8 bread sticks and a 2 liter of soda for $15.
Us gals all pitch in and hope we can get at least one slice while it's still hot.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Friday-- that most likely means pizza delivery on E wing ;)
They have a special at a place now in town.
1 large pizza with 3 toppings, 8 bread sticks and a 2 liter of soda for $15.
Us gals all pitch in and hope we can get at least one slice while it's still hot.
now i want pizza or a ham calzone. LOL

lilylove

Date night with hubby. We're going out to Seattle to find a place we've never been before. Lots of choices. :)

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Picked up a boneless, rolled and tied Pork Sirloin roast yesterday when I grabbed the steaks for last night's dinner. So, it will be that.....done some way or another. Probably gonna grill it. :biggrin:

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
flank steak & a jar of chimichurri sauce i've got (& some citrus/worchstershire) would be great.
insufficient ingredients tonite, though.....:huh:

city-chix i'd intended for another dinner. barley cooked in broth. potato (either baked or smushed), roasted broccoli & crumbs or cheese sauce.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
may be another dinner for me!
tilapia is on the cheap. the tilapia, fruit salsa, plantains, fried, whacked using a skillet, then fried again, dredged in cinnamon-sugar after cooking, & then honey- (for a dipping sauce.) julienne jicama/segmented citrus fruit/thinly-sliced fennel & a mild vinagrette..... those may be din-din. payday for the guy! :)

GotGarlic

DH is going golfing after work, which will probably go till 8, so I'm heading downtown to a wine tasting and then get some dinner, maybe with a co-worker who lives nearby.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i ran errands and skipped lunch. I picked up rolls, genoa salami and provolone cheese. that will be a late lunch me. early dinner for hub and the girls. Later I will have something lite.

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, I've never made spaghetti squash before. I don't know why, I just never have. I saw some at the store the other day and decided to give it a try. Dinner tonight was grilled b/s chicken breast and spaghetti squash mixed with a can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, spinach and Parmesan cheese. It was very good! We'll definitely be having it again!

Attachments

• dinner05212010.jpg
    dinner05212010.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 233

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Well, I've never made spaghetti squash before. I don't know why, I just never have. I saw some at the store the other day and decided to give it a try. Dinner tonight was grilled b/s chicken breast and spaghetti squash mixed with a can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, spinach and Parmesan cheese. It was very good! We'll definitely be having it again!

Oh wow! I LOVE spaghetti squash....and it is such a trip to cook! Your's looks divine!!! :clap:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
that looks yummy mama!! I also have never made spaghetti squash, how do you cook it? and can you share the steps to you dish?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Keltin and Peeps! I cut it in half and removed the seeds then sprayed a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray and placed the squash on the baking sheet cut side down. Baked it at 350 until tender and then used a fork to scrape out the squash...it comes out in strings like spaghetti.

I put a can of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano in a large skillet, added some fresh spinach and cooked it until it wilted. Added the squash and a good handful of shredded Parmesan Cheese and a little salt and pepper. Toss it gently so you don't break up the squash.

Attachments

• dicedtomatoes.jpg
    dicedtomatoes.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 100

YUM YUM! That looks delish, Mama. Luv the squash!!!

Everyone's dinners look & sound wonderful.

The ricotta calzone I didn't eat last night. Meatballs sound like a good idea, Keltin. I have a frozen batch with sauce tucked away in the freezer. Strawberries & vanilla ice cream for dessert. Hopefully my back will be all better tomorrow.

Guts

Moma and lifesaver looks better than what I had. ? lifesaver do you buy the veggies cut that way or do you cut them with a mandolin.

Hot right off the press fresh corn tortillas (my brother brought me) with Carne Asada. a side of saffron rice (leftovers) and a corona beer. I got all the stuff to make JoeV's "Sticky Buns" got some corn syrup and picked up some Ap at restraint depot today, make dough tomorrow morning. These look like there are going to be good!
Kim

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Well, my chicken is still in the fridge. I got home so late that I didn't want to mess with it. So I opened a container of marinara from the freezer and we had spaghetti. Wiht fresh grated parmiagiano reggiano.

I always feel like I'm 'cheating' when I do this - even though I made the marinara from whole tomatoes and fresh ingredients. Somehow posting a pic of something I just reheated from the freezer just feels wrong!

I know, I know....I have issues. ;)

Attachments

• spaghetti 003.jpg
    spaghetti 003.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 142

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Well, my chicken is still in the fridge. I got home so late that I didn't want to mess with it. So I opened a container of marinara from the freezer and we had spaghetti. Wiht fresh grated parmiagiano reggiano.

I always feel like I'm 'cheating' when I do this - even though I made the marinara from whole tomatoes and fresh ingredients. Somehow posting a pic of something I just reheated from the freezer just feels wrong!

That looks DARN good to me! Excellent!!! I'll take a plate please!! :clap:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

OH MAN that looks good!! I miss pasta!! I'll post my pics in a few. nothing spectacular.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Layered tomato and mozzarella slices with fresh basil chiffonade, baby spinach and hard boiled egg slices, genoa salami and provolone pinwheels. All dressed with homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

cold_cut_pinwheels_plate_052110_1_P1050664.JPG

cold_cut_pinwheels_plate_052110_2_P1050665.JPG

Last edited: