What are you eating Friday January 29, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well i have strip steaks thawing so I have 2 plans - steak and eggs or steak, stuffed mushrooms, beef rice/roni or potatoes, carrots and maybe biscuits or corn bread (maybe we rarely have bread with meals).

breakfast was a chicken cup o' noodles.

what do you have palnned for dinner?

K

Kimchee

Roast beef.... mashed potatoes... gravy... smoky bacon pepper lima beans...
beer...

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
The boys have had pizza before their youth group. DW & I are going to have tortellini in a mushroom sauce.

lilylove

BIL is coming for the weekend... making garlic and tomato shrimp over pasta tonight...

Dinner and a play out tomorrow... boat show on sunday and lunch out then too... !! :)

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Fran and I had the big meal at Tommy Bahama's today. I had a Cabana Habana pork sandwich and she had crab cakes. My sandwich was covered with onions fried with a jalepano' sauce of some kind and the sauce on the crab cakes was the best I've ever tasted. If you want a table outside you can stand in line. Most of the locals grab seats at the bar.

Attachments

• TB1.jpg
    TB1.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 118
  • TB2.jpg
    TB2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 117

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks LS. Those are iPhone pictures and I'm amazed they show reasonably clear considering the lack of inside light and my shaky hands. lol

FryBoy

An old standby in this house, Salmon Fillets in Black Pepper Crust with steamed fresh asparagus, La Brea Bakery Roasted Garlic Loaf, and a nice bottle of wine, a 2006 Denner Viognier (this is an old photo with a roasted sweet potatoes rather then bread).

Attachments

• Salmon in Pepper Crust #7.jpg
    Salmon in Pepper Crust #7.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

Newnork1978

I threw together a nice, light meal. I stir-fried some boneless chicken with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in butter, salt & pepper. Mmm! Delicious! :mrgreen:

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
DW is under the weather, so I made her some chicken and noodles. We ate that with a baguette.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Seasoned strip steaks grilled on the cast iron stovetop grill pan topped with garlic butter and mushroom caps (sautéed in olive oil with salt, ground black pepper, ground red pepper flakes, oregano, fresh onion, fresh garlic and fresh basil leaves), taters mashed (salt, ground pepper, butter and sour cream added), garlic bread and steamed carrots.

strip_steak_012910_P1050295.JPG

mushrooms_012910_P1050297.JPG

strip_steak_mushrooms_012910_1_P1050299.JPG

strip_steak_mushrooms_012910_2_P1050301.JPG

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Seasoned strip steaks grilled on the cast iron stovetop grill pan topped with garlic butter and mushroom caps (sautéed in olive oil with salt, ground black pepper, ground red pepper flakes, oregano, fresh onion, fresh garlic and fresh basil leaves), taters mashed (salt, ground pepper, butter and sour cream added), garlic bread and steamed carrots.

strip_steak_012910_P1050295.JPG

mushrooms_012910_P1050297.JPG

strip_steak_mushrooms_012910_1_P1050299.JPG

strip_steak_mushrooms_012910_2_P1050301.JPG

I WANT TO BE ADOPTED...PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?!?!?!?!?!? I'll bake all the bread you want, just feed me like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We went to the Home & Garden show at the new Expo Center in Euclid, Ohio tonight, and stopped at IHOP beforehand for a bite to eat. Can't remember getting such bad service in a long, long time. DW's bacon was ordered CRISPY, and came LIMP. They said new bacon would be right out, and she finished dinner without seeing the new bacon. They ended up giving her dinner for free, but the damage was already done. No host/hostess or cashier on duty, and took 10 minutes to be seated in a less than half full restaurant. Server made change from a wad of cash and change in his pocket. Real classy joint.:lol:

IHOP was just added to our list of "To Be Avoided" dining establishments.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I WANT TO BE ADOPTED...PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE?!?!?!?!?!? I'll bake all the bread you want, just feed me like this.
oh joe i would love to have you make all my bread and cinni buns!! but i don't make enough money or have a big enough home to adopt an american child. can you play a foriegn child? :whistling: LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We went to the Home & Garden show at the new Expo Center in Euclid, Ohio tonight, and stopped at IHOP beforehand for a bite to eat. Can't remember getting such bad service in a long, long time. DW's bacon was ordered CRISPY, and came LIMP. They said new bacon would be right out, and she finished dinner without seeing the new bacon. They ended up giving her dinner for free, but the damage was already done. No host/hostess or cashier on duty, and took 10 minutes to be seated in a less than half full restaurant. Server made change from a wad of cash and change in his pocket. Real classy joint.:lol:

i ahve problems at Ihop and other restaurants also. i believe the customer should get what they order and if i am expected to pay for it than they are expected to get the order right and serve me promptly!! i get free meals all the time. i tell the server right off if its not right i WILL send it back!! and i ask to talk to the manager.

AllenOK

Well, they called my work off again today. I wasn't totally sure what to make for dinner. It's been snowing most of the day, so I just ordered pizza. Of course, they aren't delivering in this kind of weather, so I had to go get it. Luckily it's only a couple of miles away.

I got out the skewers and a bag of marshmellows, and the kids roasted the marshmellows in the fireplace. I need to get another package of skewers. There were only four to a pack, and our fifth little one, our daughter, wanted to roast her own, and couldn't. The boys were giving her roasted marshmellows, but she was intent on roasting them herself.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
We had Penni pasta with Marinara sauce over it, then added in sauteed sliced Polish sausage and chopped mushrooms.
Then we realized we had no dessert so I was sent out to get sundaes, ice cream cones and diet cokes, LOL.

Deelady

That was added to my list years ago when I received a WORM in my food and they tried to pretend it was something else....luckily it stuck to her finger as she tried to brush it away and I informed her to take a closer look cause it had LEGS!!! I had already a buy one get one free coupon, but they only comped one meal.....so after all was said and done I never even got a free comp on the meal!!!! But I was too angry to even bother, so we payed and left vowing to never return. The managment was very clear that he was only worried about other patrons over hearing....:furious:

Deelady

i ahve problems at Ihop and other restaurants also. i believe the customer should get what they order and if i am expected to pay for it than they are expected to get the order right and serve me promptly!! i get free meals all the time. i tell the server right off if its not right i WILL send it back!! and i ask to talk to the manager.

Ummm you might want to be careful doing that BEFORE you receive your meal....you never know what little goodies they may be adding to your meal with out your knowledge!! Just saying....things happen.:shock:
NEVER piss off the guy who prepares your food or the guy who signs your pay checks....

buckytom

Grill Master
dee, that's disgusting! 'cept, worms don't have legs. that's what makes them worms. i would have argued it too, lol. :tongue:

we ended up going out to tgi fridays after taking our boy and the neighbor's kid to the entertainment club again.

appy's were very good to start, entrees also good, and desserts fantastic.

nachos were ok: each chip individually topped with cheese and refried beans. spartan, but tasty.
the spinach dip and chips were very good, too.
for dinner, the kids had ribs and fries, dw had a grilled chicken topped salad, and i had the sirloin, mashed, and broccoli.
desserts were kiddie sundays, and a brownie obsession. the brownie was outstanding!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Ummm you might want to be careful doing that BEFORE you receive your meal....you never know what little goodies they may be adding to your meal with out your knowledge!! Just saying....things happen.:shock:
NEVER piss off the guy who prepares your food or the guy who signs your pay checks....
nah i know a waitress there and have become very good friends. we talk all the time and she told me to do this. she also said if we get bad service not to leave a tip. i won't do that i do get my point across by only leaving a buck.

btw its the person waiting on you whos job it is to make sure the order is right.

Deelady

dee, that's disgusting! 'cept, worms don't have legs. that's what makes them worms. i would have argued it too, lol. :tongue:

we ended up going out to tgi fridays after taking our boy and the neighbor's kid to the entertainment club again.

appy's were very good to start, entrees also good, and desserts fantastic.

nachos were ok: each chip individually topped with cheese and refried beans. spartan, but tasty.
the spinach dip and chips were very good, too.
for dinner, the kids had ribs and fries, dw had a grilled chicken topped salad, and i had the sirloin, mashed, and broccoli.
desserts were kiddie sundays, and a brownie obsession. the brownie was outstanding!

LOL well in was in my broccoli so I guess it was a sort of caterpillar or something....all I know was it had little legs and a face!!! :glare::glare: