TGIFriday, 1/7/2011, Whats on the menu today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it's going to be hot dogs cooked with onions and tomato served over small pasta shells and steamed fresh baby spinach.

We are expecting more snow so maybe I will do some bread and/or flavored pasta dough.

You got plans?

buckytom

Grill Master
there's chicken breasts and ground turkey in the fridge, along with holland peppers, onions, and a bulb of fennel.

hmm, need to come up with something tasty with tose ingredients.

i was thinking of something healthy, maybe a salad with grilled chicken, peppers, carmelized onions, and toasted goat cheese.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i figure i'll make a pork tenderloin & a portobello stuffed w/ gorgonzola polenta~ & green beanz that i ferewent cooking tonite, another veggie

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I've got some spinach in the freezer that needs to be used up, so I may thaw and drain/squeeze it to where I can put into my pasta dough, and make fresh spinach fettuccine. Some pan grilled chicken breasts and a nice alfredo sauce to use up the cream in the fridge, and I've cleaned out the fridge, freezer and made dinner. Works for me...

Either that or spend the day at the range with a buddy, since I don't have any jobs today, and take DW out to dinner afterwards. I'll know after the phone call in a few minutes.:tongue:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I've got some spinach in the freezer that needs to be used up, so I may thaw and drain/squeeze it to where I can put into my pasta dough, and make fresh spinach fettuccine. Some pan grilled chicken breasts and a nice alfredo sauce to use up the cream in the fridge, and I've cleaned out the fridge, freezer and made dinner. Works for me...

Either that or spend the day at the range with a buddy, since I don't have any jobs today, and take DW out to dinner afterwards. I'll know after the phone call in a few minutes.:tongue:
A strange visual flashed through my mind as I read this.

Picture one of those clay pigeon machines. Joe yells PULL and what comes out is stale rolls, sticky buns etc.

And a caption came up "What to do with stale baked goods! Recycle!!"

I think I need a nap!! Or a drink!! LOL

K

Kimchee

It's funny.... Wife and I started out the What's For Dinner discussion this way:
"We have a freezer full of food, let's eat some of it!"

and ended up deciding that after a stressful week of delving into the genetics of
plants, she needed comfort food...

So dinner is a box of Kroger fried chicken and mashed taters.. all of which will be purchased tonight. I DO have salad fixins....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
YUMMY!! I am thinking of making several types of dough. It's snowing and seems like a good idea.

It's funny.... Wife and I started out the What's For Dinner discussion this way:
"We have a freezer full of food, let's eat some of it!"

and ended up deciding that after a stressful week of delving into the genetics of
plants, she needed comfort food...

So dinner is a box of Kroger fried chicken and mashed taters.. all of which will be purchased tonight. I DO have salad fixins....

I know what you mean. I just found a brisket. LOL Deciding if I should thaw it out & put it in the crock later with beer, onions & carrots; and serve with potato pancakes & applesauce. Or... something else. My head is still in the freezer.

Last edited:
K

Kimchee

Well CACook, feel free to share that brisket recipe....

I too have one in my freezer!

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
My plan is to make a cheese fondue tonight; something to compliment cocktails and :wub::wub::wink::wink:... Since I don't shop for the house any more, I'll jack stuff from the cooler here. I've got swiss, cheddar, fresh mozz, provolone, and will probably do a combination of the swiss and mozzarella, with a brandy infusion.
I've got bread, chicken, sausage, Philly Pretzels (!!!!!!!!!!) for dunking.

Plus, I made a pumpkin cake with caramel cream cheese frosting yesterday....

Ronjohn

Not sure yet. Could really go for some cajun food, but that's going to have to wait until next weekend. Pub food probably.

Guts

Vera sounds like you got a real plan their what I mean is jacking stuff from the cooler LOL, now all your groceries are all wright offs. What a plan. I like it.
The pumpkin cake with caramel cream cheese frosting. Oh yeah, sounds delicious. I just dictated a spice cake with cream cheese frosting and caramelized apples to word today. I found the recipe in San Diego home and garden and sounded really good gota to try it soon.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
A strange visual flashed through my mind as I read this.

Picture one of those clay pigeon machines. Joe yells PULL and what comes out is stale rolls, sticky buns etc.

And a caption came up "What to do with stale baked goods! Recycle!!"

I think I need a nap!! Or a drink!! LOL
:yum::yum::yum:Great visual, Peeps. Sorry, this time of year we're indoors punching holes in paper with out pistols, as it's a little too cold to be outdoors shooting stale bakery.:yum::yum:

We did go to the range and shot a couple hundred rounds then wrapped it up. Spent more time talking with friends and drinking coffee than actually shooting. Got home and made up the fettuccine that is drying right now, and I'm getting the chicken ready and the Alfredo sauce ingredients assembled. More pics later, and time on the reloading bench tonite reloading .380 ACP, 9mm and .40 S&W.

Fettuchini010711.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yins guys, dinner is gonna be like 2 in the morning, or 5, lol. sage, your dessert, that should be great! hm, we could use a great bread of sorts.......

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Fettuccine Alfredo with fresh made whole wheat basil egg noodles and pan fried chicken breast. It's all gone! LOL

P1030092.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Fettuccine Alfredo with fresh made whole wheat basil egg noodles and pan fried chicken breast. It's all gone! LOL

P1030092.jpg
RECIPES!! I NEED RECIPES!! Adopt me!! HEY wheres the garlic bread? YUMMY!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hot dogs with onion and tomato (hot dogs and onions sautéed in butter, tomato paste, burgundy wine and water added) served over buttered small shells and steamed and butter chopped fresh baby spinach.

010711_hot_dogs_onions_tomato.jpg

Guts

Joe V could you share your recipe for your pasta. I assume you use your measurements by weight. I'm at the end of my spinach pasta and I'm going to make some fresh pasta this weekend. I'd like to try your recipe. If you don't mind sharing it with me. Are you using semolina flour? I have about four or five different kinds of flour here at the house regular AP, wheat, KASL,semolina, General Mills cake flour and I have a bag of restaurant and hotel flour also. I am curious to know if you're using one egg per hundred grams of flour and how much hydration you're using. Thanks in advance.
Kim