Whats on your plate Thursday12/23/10?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think it will be one more day of ham then whatever is left will be broke down into 1 lb chunks and vac sealed for the freezer. I think maybe fried ham, eggs (over or poached) and fried potatoes. But who knows what the rest of the family will say. LOL

I also have plans to bake a cheesecake, a lemon meringue pie and maybe a batch of cookies. For Santa!! LOL

You know you're Italian when your daughter leaves garlic bread for Santa!! Yup one year the little one insisted that Santa needed garlic bread instead of cookies!!

What about you?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I just had some wings and fries for an early lunch.
I'll make a trip to the salad bar over in the assisted living center for my dinner later this evening.

GotGarlic

My dad is visiting for the holidays and wanted to make my cousin's recipe for pork carnitas in the crockpot. So they cooked overnight and we'll shred them up. Dad and DH will have them over rice and black beans; I'm going to have them as a filling for soft tacos with lettuce, tomatoes and cheese.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
You know you're Italian when your daughter leaves garlic bread for Santa!! Yup one year the little one insisted that Santa needed garlic bread instead of cookies!!
I love it. Make sure he has some sauce to dip it in.:clap:
Not sure what's on the menu tonight, as I'm baking bread all day today for Christmas Eve at my SIL's place and Christmas day at my brother's place. Everything is up in the air as the DD is due on 12/28 with our first granddaughter. She has a Dr. appt. today, so we'll know a little more later today. Might be a good night to hit our favorite diner and let someone else make dinner for a change. DW would like to be eating hospital food which would mean the bambino was on the way.:lol:

Leni

That is funny Peeps. Must have been an interesting debate.

I'm tending toward leftovers tonight. DH brough home what leftovers there were from the holiday party yesterday. It's also time to clean out the refrigerator.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I love it. Make sure he has some sauce to dip it in.:clap:
Not sure what's on the menu tonight, as I'm baking bread all day today for Christmas Eve at my SIL's place and Christmas day at my brother's place. Everything is up in the air as the DD is due on 12/28 with our first granddaughter. She has a Dr. appt. today, so we'll know a little more later today. Might be a good night to hit our favorite diner and let someone else make dinner for a change. DW would like to be eating hospital food which would mean the bambino was on the way.:lol:
Don't forget to overnight mine!! LOL I predict an New Years baby. Blessings to you, DW, DD and SIL on the baby girl!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I may just say the heck with the ham, freeze it and order something or go out.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had to have an electrician :glare: out today to fix a few things :ohmy:, so now I'm feeling broke. I think it's going to be pity-party soup tonight.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
some left-over baked chicken.... became "chicken salad"

over barley, fresh basil & tomato slices
with fresh steamed green beans.

Leni

Those electricians do cost. I just had to have one out a few days ago so I know the feeling. Have your pity party Cookise but feel better tomorrow. After all, it must have been necessary and life is much better when everything works the way it should.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I didn't cook much. I had some shopping to do, and ended up eating a late lunch while I was out.

So for supper, I steamed a few crab legs and we ate them with butter - nothing else. Just a quick light meal.

Of course, I then followed it up with a pile of cookies. I'm bad. Real Bad.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Q'd meatloaf

vzd83q.jpg

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Just when I thought NO ONE would post their dinner pics! Thanks, Bam. That looks delicious. We had an easy dinner - fried eggs, smoked pork chops and home fries. Not exactly picture-worthy. I don't cook eggs as nicely as SS, Keltin, Mama and Peeps. But it hit the spot, and we've followed it up with some hot buttered rum. Very cozy.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That's beautiful Bam!

I just made hamburgers and fries. Nothing picture worthy here either. I had to run out for a few things and then had to wrap presents. I'm done now though. The baking is done. The house is clean. The grocery shopping is done and the presents are wrapped. The family will all be here for dinner tomorrow night and we'll exchange gifts then it will be just me and DH relaxing and enjoying what will hopefully be a white Christmas here for the first time since 1882 :biggrin:

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Sounds lovely, Mama. I'm almost there, except for the house being all cleaned up. I'll get there.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Bam, I want some.

DW had just finished cooking steak and veggies when we were interrupted by people stopping by to say good bye as Fran & I are leaving tomorrow morning to celebrate Christmas with the family. By the time it was over I was out two bottles of wine and the meal was cold. Microwaving the meat made it well done and the bottom line was that it all got trashed. At least I saved room for a huge meal at my sister's tomorrow....

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mama said:
Is Milo enjoying his first Christmas?

I think he is! We went to friends for dinner last night and they had two roast chickens. They saved all the wing tips. necks and giblets for Milo. He has been having a feast. He eats them, bones and all (he needs the calcium and he has 50 very sharp little teeth.)

He is growing so fast, but he still likes to sit on our heads. Here he is just last night, giving Jerry a bath. He's a very affectionate little creature. Thanks for asking, Mama.

Attachments

• DSCF0907.jpg
    DSCF0907.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 98

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Awww....how sweet! DH really enjoys the pics of Milo too. He has gotten to where he pets the two that visit us from time to time.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
SilverSage said:
And Jerry is such a sport!

Yes, he is a sweetheart. I said awhile back, "I'm really glad I married a man who'll eat dinner with a opossum on his head." Not too many fit in that category.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
Mama said:
He has gotten to where he pets the two that visit us from time to time.

I'm so glad to hear that - opossums are such misunderstood little creatures. You two have soft hearts...bless you both.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I think he is! We went to friends for dinner last night and they had two roast chickens. They saved all the wing tips. necks and giblets for Milo. He has been having a feast. He eats them, bones and all (he needs the calcium and he has 50 very sharp little teeth.)

He is growing so fast, but he still likes to sit on our heads. Here he is just last night, giving Jerry a bath. He's a very affectionate little creature. Thanks for asking, Mama.
:applause: Milo!!!!!!!! :flowers:

He always looks like he is smiling! lol