Jacob Wirth's, Boston - fried pickles and beer!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Of course, there are a LOT more fantastic menu choices in this wonderful OLD (1868) German-American restaurant! But fried pickles are hard to find in this neck of the woods, and Jake Worth's has great ones!

Right in the heart of Boston's theater district, Jake Worth's specialty is beer - all kinds of terrific imported and domestic beers on tap, in a black wood bar that looks as if it might be an original fixture.

The menu offerings include traditional stuff like knockwurst and baked beans, enormous reubens and pastrami sandwiches, pot roast dinners and a couple dozen more choices, all of which sound mouth-watering.

It's old, it's charming, it's comfortable and one of my favorite places to have a couple of beers and a snack.

Lee

jakeworthswingsandfried.jpg

Wings and fried pickles

jakeworthsfriedpickles.jpg

Spectacular spicy fried pickles with a creamy dill sauce!

Attachments

• Jake Worth's taps.JPG
    Jake Worth's taps.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Jake Worth's , Radeberger beer.JPG
    Jake Worth's , Radeberger beer.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Jake Worth's dining room.JPG
    Jake Worth's dining room.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Jake Worth's Suum Cuique.JPG
    Jake Worth's Suum Cuique.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Jake Worth's, Christine's.JPG
    Jake Worth's, Christine's.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That looks like a really neat place. I like quaint better than new. I have never had a fried pickle, but I would try one of those :biggrin:.

SilverSage

Resident Crone
When I lived in North Carolina, fried pickles were everywhere. I've live in about 10 different states and provinces, but that's the only place I ever saw them.

I especially liked them when they were sliced thin, and then deep fried.

chowhound

Wow. Great pics! They let you get up close and personal behind the bar. They should pay you for such a great commercial ;^)
If I'm ever in Boston, I know I'd make it a point to go there. Even though they do bread their wings (lol). Those fried pickles and Creamy dill sauce look great.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
that looks like a great place to watch the yanks clinch, qsis.

sorry, couldn't help it. :whistle:

Pffft, BT - the Sox have the Yankees right where they want 'em!

Chow, I was sitting at the bar when I took the pictures, not behind it.

Lee

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
More photos from Jake Wirth's (I just love this place!)

An appetizer of spectacular onion rings, then a moist, juicy, flavorful pastrami sandwich on a sourdough roll.

Even the fries were incredible!

I've never had a disappointing dish here. And if you love chosing from a ton of unusual domestic and imported beers on tap, this is your place!

Lee

Attachments

• Jake's onion rings.JPG
    Jake's onion rings.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 8
  • Jake's hot pastrami.JPG
    Jake's hot pastrami.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 8