What's Cooking NCT Sun. 2/6/16 to Sat. 2/12/16?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Oops I goofed last weeks dates. Sorry.

Last night I had pan fried smoked pork chop and collards sautéed in the pan drippings.

Lunch was cheese and sour dough bread.

Tonight should be cube steak, potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Had a salad last night with iceberg, tomatoes, cucumber, green olives, avocado, red onion, ranch dressing, and a couple of pepperoncinis on the side, out of croutons, darn it:

Salad_1.jpg

Later I had some green grapes and some peanut butter crackers. I've been buying the Smucker's All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. It has two ingredients--peanuts and very, very little salt. Tastes just like ground up peanuts, and I love the stuff :brows:.

Johnny West

That's my kind of salade and :heart: the olives, any kind.

I have to make a run to T-Boys for fruit and will get a head of iceberg.
It's time to make dressing again, too.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
HTML:
t
Had a salad last night with iceberg, tomatoes, cucumber, green olives, avocado, red onion, ranch dressing, and a couple of pepperoncinis on the side, out of croutons, darn it:

Salad_1.jpg

Later I had some green grapes and some peanut butter crackers. I've been buying the Smucker's All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter. It has two ingredients--peanuts and very, very little salt. Tastes just like ground up peanuts, and I love the stuff :brows:.
Have you tried Trader Joe's peanut butter? It has only peanuts and salt also. I like the crunchy one that has peanuts, salt, chia seeds and flax seeds.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had Trader Joe buttermilk pancakes. This was the first time I used TJ pancake and baking mix. It makes nice thick fluffy pancakes.

Tonight I think we will have cheese, meat and fruit platter with bread and crackers for dinner.

Johnny West

I'll have to try the Trader Joe's pancake mix. For several years I've been using Snoqualmie Falls pancake mix, it's a bit pricy but good. I have excellent made from scratch recipes but using the mix is so much easier. It's time to make a run to Trader Joe's - there are none close to me so it almost develops into a half day trip.

Tonight I'll fry some Cook's ham, bake a potato and made a light caesar salade.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
You're sounding kind of Frenchy there with your salade, JW :).

No, Peeps, no Trader Joe's close enough for me to shop there :(.

Johnny West

Ha, TX. I started doing that when I lived in Germany and find myself adding e's without thinking.

I used to teach SPED English and decided I'd spell words and use punctuation the way I wanted. I still cringe when I see people type "alot" or ending a sentence with a preposition; spell check aggravates me no end.