Avoiding arginine a/ka the I Can't Eat Anything Anymore thread

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I suffer from canker sores pretty badly and take medication when they flare up. I was reading in Prevention magazine how foods with arginine can aggrevate the sores, so I figure, I'll avoid them all the time and maybe I'll lose a little weight.

Ha.

It's the foods I eat ALL the time - I googled it, and while I know Google is no doctor, it lists everything I anyway eat. So, now what should I do?

I'd make a cut and paste from different websites, to show you the lists I found, but I'm afraid it'd be copyrighted, so I'll just list for you:

Peanuts, walnuts, brazilnuts, cocunut, animal products (milk and milk products, pork, beef, chicken, turkey), seafoods, cereals (oats and wheat), and chocolate. Legumes.

Fish. Tuna.

Granola, oatmeal.
Seeds
Chickpeas

Chocolate.

Cola
Peas
Grains
Gelatins
Peanut butter
Gelatins
Cocoa powder
Beer

This list is by amounts:

Peanuts, Spanish
Peanuts
Almond nuts
Seeds, sunflower seed kernels, dried
Walnuts, English
Hazelnuts
Lentils, raw
Brazilnuts
Cashew nuts
Pistachio nuts
Flax seed
Beans, kidney, all types, mature seeds, raw
Pecan nuts
Beans, French, mature seeds, raw
Soybeans, green, raw
Tofu
Wheat flour, whole-grain
Garlic, raw
Muffins, blueberry, toaster-type
Onion, raw
Chocolate syrup

Animal products
Fish, tuna
Chicken, broilers or fryers, giblets, raw
Salmon, shrimp
Egg, yolk, raw, fresh
Egg, whole, raw
Egg, white, raw, fresh
Pork, fresh, separable fat, raw

Last edited:

suziquzie

Wow. That would be awful.
I think I would suffer the canker sores.....
or get to like salad and ONLY salad and awful lot.
:(
sorry!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
How much does each of these foods contain and what would be you limit on that. I really don't think diet plays as much effect as people give it credit for in most cases. I think moderation is the key regardless of what eats. Just my opinion though based on my life and how it has gone.

Calicolady

Alot on the list said in the "raw" state. And like wheat flour, it says "whole grain". It's not as limiting as it looks.

My mother had Chrone's disease and colitus for more than 1/2 her life, and couldn't eat any nuts of any kind of beans or seeds - veggie that had a shell-peas, beans, cucumbers, caraway or sesame seed.
She did fine without these things and suffered like a dog when places weren't clear what was in there menus - like sesame seeds in bread crumbs. (read your bottles at home-you'll be surprised what you didn't know what's in them)
Just be careful and vigilant. It will become a way of life.
I wish you well.