Wednesday 1/11/2012 What's the plan for today?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have a chunck of boneless pork loin thawing. I am thinking a stir fry. I have leftover brown rice from when I made the chili (which is all gone) on saturday if it's still good I may turn it into fried rice. How many days will rice stay good before it goes sour?

Any plans yet?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've used the shelf life guide that Sass put on here several times. I was really surprised to find that you can only keep (canned, opened, refrigerated) artichoke hearts 3 to 4 days. It says 4 to 6 days for cooked, refrigerated brown rice.

For dinner: I'm in the mood for Mexican, either taco salad or chicken enchiladas.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I've used the shelf life guide that Sass put on here several times. I was really surprised to find that you can only keep (canned, opened, refrigerated) artichoke hearts 3 to 4 days. It says 4 to 6 days for cooked, refrigerated brown rice.

For dinner: I'm in the mood for Mexican, either taco salad or chicken enchiladas.
I can't find that link I know I bookmarked it but I can't find it. Can you point me to where it is please.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
right now I'm eating peppered almonds...but that's got to stop. I have a couple of pork chops and some broccoli... Something asian, I think

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pork and veggie stir-fry

011112_pork_stirfry_P1090296.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i figure pasta. i thawed some duck/rabbit sausage. unsure of the type of sauce as yet.

Embryodad

Orrffff!... OMG...I'm so full.

Ate the whole frying pan full of the sausage / peppers / hot dogs / and onions...

Some on a pita pocket...and some on a split top roll.
The rest just nibbling piece by piece till it was all gone.

DW had her Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes...

b42b1776.jpg

0d93281d.jpg

f3bb4ffa.jpg

00be22d7.jpg

fe07618a.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy BUT I am craving your dinner!! YUMMY All of it EXCEPT I would add tomato to the sausage/dogs and skip the mustard.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Peeps, I would love to sit with you some day and hear all about how you came to be such a talented chef. You add new meaning to the phrase "We eat first with our eyes." Bravo, Maestro.

By special request (because I've been reading about them for what seems like weeks around here), DW made all beef hot dogs from the local butcher shop, with Bush's Baked Beans (doctored) and leftover potato salad. I'm here to tell you that hit the spot and satisfied my Jones for hot dogs for awhile.

After dinner I made up a batch of Lavash Crackers (aka Armenian crackers) for a party we're going to on Friday night. I was going to make them tomorrow night, but I was invited to learn how to make Sopprasatta and another style of dried Italian sausage and I wasn't going to pass that opportunity up.

Dinner011112.jpg

Lavash011112-1.jpg

Lavash011112-2.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peeps that looks glorious!! Now I'm hungry & have no food in the house, lol. Guess it's a quick quesadilla kind of night :wub:

Peeps, I would love to sit with you some day and hear all about how you came to be such a talented chef. You add new meaning to the phrase "We eat first with our eyes." Bravo, Maestro.

By special request (because I've been reading about them for what seems like weeks around here), DW made all beef hot dogs from the local butcher shop, with Bush's Baked Beans (doctored) and leftover potato salad. I'm here to tell you that hit the spot and satisfied my Jones for hot dogs for awhile.

After dinner I made up a batch of Lavash Crackers (aka Armenian crackers) for a party we're going to on Friday night. I was going to make them tomorrow night, but I was invited to learn how to make Sopprasatta and another style of dried Italian sausage and I wasn't going to pass that opportunity up.

Dinner011112.jpg

Lavash011112-1.jpg

Lavash011112-2.jpg
Thank you so much rickismom and Joe.

Joe your meal and crackers are wonderful! Now I want to doctor some beans. We go with B&M baked beans. We had chili dogs I should have gotten some beans going also.

If your sausage is as good as your buns ............
I can't wait to see your .........................

HMMMMMMMMMM UMMMMMM

Have fun!!

Embryodad

Dinner011112.jpg

Lavash011112-1.jpg

Lavash011112-2.jpg
Looks like a v/good meal Joe.
I got a kick out of the dot mustard and dot katchup...hahahahaha

That is how my son preps his hot dogs to eat.

Lucky to learn the Sopresatta making. My Grandfather made like 65 to 80 lb.s every year. He also dried sausage too. he had a cold cellar that he hung the beauties from nails. One year...it got to 70º and the cellar warmed up.
65 Lbs of dryed sausage spoiled. He was P!***d big time.

I'll never for get he loaded it all in the wheel barrow, and threw it in the river.

He used to cure some in crocks of olive oil.

And the crocks with salata with the green tomatoes and eggplant layers were always under the cellar steps fermenting in the vinegar , garlic , and salt water bath.n Ummmm! I love that on bread and some nice provalone cheese.
Too late now to make. No Green tomatoes any more.
I know how to make that, but I need a new crock. My old crock cracked.

Embryodad

Another thing we used to make... was the Calabrian Sanguinaccio ....
The Chocolate Pudding with pigs blood in it..and nuts and orange and lemon rinds..and we used to add wine in the cooking process.
I havn't had it in at least 45 years.

I have to make it..but I need to find a place to get the fresh blood from the pig.

Darn it...My tongue is hanging on the ground wishing for that pudding.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
not so purr-ty, tho good: pesto pasta. i made it creamy using cream cheese/cream, & added garlic, pepper & grated on parm reggiano.

shoula added chix & peas, too.

Attachments

• IMG_2788796.jpg
    IMG_2788796.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 178

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Orrffff!... OMG...I'm so full.

Ate the whole frying pan full of the sausage / peppers / hot dogs / and onions...

Some on a pita pocket...and some on a split top roll.
The rest just nibbling piece by piece till it was all gone.

DW had her Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes...

b42b1776.jpg

0d93281d.jpg

f3bb4ffa.jpg

00be22d7.jpg

fe07618a.jpg

Yum! that sandwich looks delicious.

LETHAL GTS

Here is a sample of what we were pulling out of the Hot Pot last night.
My boys and I sat around the dinner table for over an hour last night eating together.
They really enjoyed it. We used it like a chicken broth fondue.
We also had some clams mixed in the hot pot as well.
That is daikon to the left and some of my homemade teriyaki sauce drizzled over top for added flavor.
We'll be doing this again very soon.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 124

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Here is a sample of what we were pulling out of the Hot Pot last night.
My boys and I sat around the dinner table for over an hour last night eating together.
They really enjoyed it. We used it like a chicken broth fondue.
We also had some clams mixed in the hot pot as well.
That is daikon to the left and some of my homemade teriyaki sauce drizzled over top for added flavor.
We'll be doing this again very soon.
What else is in there? It looks very artistic, healthy and appetizing. YUM

LETHAL GTS

I started with a basic dashi (Kombu sea weed and water) and chicken thigh bones to make the stock.
Added some saki salt and sugar.
I removed the kombu just before the water started to boil.
Then I added my chicken pieces I cut from the thighs and let them cook for a bit before adding carrots celery and garlic.
Simmering until about 8 cups of water became about 5 to 6 cups.
Then after about 45 to 1 hour I added some udon noodles.
I had sliced up a good chunk of Round Roast into very thin slices so that we could poke with a fondue fork and simmer in the broth just like a fondue.
We also would toss in a couple clams at a time until they would literally pop open and then fish them out (boy were they ever tasty).
I had sliced some daikon as a side to dip into the soy sauce or ponzu sauce whichever one would prefer.
Also chopped some green onion and had my homemade teriyaki sauce to add to the mix.
When we would run out of noodles, I would just add another package of udon to the pot. We went through 4 pacs of udon noodles last night.
I had to add some water periodically just to make sure we didn't run out of stock.
I saved the leftover stock to use for a future sauce or soup.
Maybe I'll use this as a Master stock like the Chinese do!