Saturday 12/17/2011 What's cookin' good lookin'?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning beef stew.

What cookin' at your place (or someone elses place that you will be eating)?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had beef stew last night. I was looking around and saw a recipe for hot and sour soup that I'm going to try. It gets a lot of good reviews - Weight Watchers Take Out Tonight Hot and Sour Soup. If it's as tasty as they say, I'll add the recipe on here.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Going to Alexa's birthday party this afternoon. We're bringing salad and bread to go with the pasta, meatballs, fried chicken, green beans and whatever else others bring.

Embryodad

Going to Alexa's birthday party this afternoon. We're bringing salad and bread to go with the pasta, meatballs, fried chicken, green beans and whatever else others bring.
Happy Birthday to Alexa...

Sounds like a great party and meal in store. Enjoy!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Happy birthday sweet baby girl!! XOXOXOXOXOX

Embryodad

DW mentioned beef barley soup!

She will be baking cookies A G A I N ....and then Homemade Sweet Bread to be Baked and then frozen for the holiday meals.
Heads just about bumped when I said,"How about making the dough, and just keeping it retarded in the downstairs reefer at 37ºF. Then re-proofing and baking the night before.
Her answer was No No No..... That won't work! ......

I'm easy! .... I said..OK!

I will make the soup. If there is a small roast or chuck I can cut up from the freezer!...

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
My girls asked me to make some sugar cookies. I wasn't planning on making any cookies but if I do make them sugar cookies I will probably also make my favorite cookies - acorn cookies.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm hungry for pizza & i'll be over in the section of da burgh where they sell the best cuts of pizza u can get

if not, there'll be chix & mushrooms involved in my food

Embryodad

peeps ,,the stew sounded like it would be good.

the soup was never made.... i took too much flack from dd and dw..and i am not in a good mood.

all i do is sit here, and shake my head silently in a no no way.

i'm getting too old for b s . or shall i say there is too much bs for my age.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
peeps ,,the stew sounded like it would be good.

the soup was never made.... i took too much flack from dd and dw..and i am not in a good mood.

all i do is sit here, and shake my head silently in a no no way.

i'm getting too old for b s . or shall i say there is too much bs for my age.
Thank you jimmy. So what did you have for dinner? More cookies?

Embryodad

Thank you jimmy. So what did you have for dinner? More cookies?

THIS....

88416e44.jpg

Dessert!.......

8137d8d2.jpg

LOTS OF COOKIES....Haaaaaaa

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
got my pizza! 1 cut plain, 1 ricotta. ummmm

Attachments

• IMG_2081559.jpg
    IMG_2081559.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 106

Embryodad

got my pizza! 1 cut plain, 1 ricotta. ummmm
OMG...luvs, that looks deewish us...

In the Burgh area...are all the pies round?....

In the NEPA ..they are mainly square cuts. Somr places have the naples style round..but the majority are square cuts.

T was in Old Forge PA, and picked up the square pizza. The guy said to her,"Hey Lady, Yer from Jersey, and they eat round pizza...how come you're getting square pizza?"...hahahaha

She told him,"Honey, Ive been eatin pizza here way before you were even born.

http://revellos.com/index.html = This is one of my favorite Pizza places.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
it was.
& yeah, jimmy, from that that i've seen- there may be places in westrern Pa that slice them into squares, tho i've not seen them in da burgh, nor have i near here

my Dad used to have fits when he & my Mom were travelling & they would order pizzas & it'd be square. he'd return them- he was the one that ordered them, he shoulda known! geez!

Last night we enjoyed dinner at our favorite Mexican spot (terrific Margaritas, warm house-made chips & spicy salsa, & 2 orders of "Enchiladas Verdes" (each order consisting of 4 enchiladas stuffed with moist, fresh, shredded white & dark meat chicken & covered with a tangy tomatillo sauce. Delicious!

This was followed by our attending one of the local theatre group's production of "A Christmas Carol". Lots of fun!!