Leftovers.... what's your favorite?

K

Kimchee

As I was scarfing down a few bites of leftover spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast, I realized that I was eating what is probably my all time favorite leftover (aside from pizza of course)!
I mix in the extra spaghetti noodles with the leftover sauce, and look forward to it with great gusto!!!!!!! YUM!

So what are YOUR favorite leftovers? Something that is good when made... and GREAT the next day or two?

Lefty

Yank
Leftover chili ranks up near or at the top with me. I sometimes don't even like to eat it the day I make it because it stoops and the flavors get to know each other a lot better. (did that make any sense)

Any leftover coldcuts become the start of an omeltte. Actually, anything leftover could go into an olemette.

I sometime like to change leftovers purpose in life. With some leftover chicken breast I could make some chicken quesadillas. Any left over meat can be diced up to soup up some Ramen. I could go on forever.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Leftover corned beef is one of my fav's. We always have corned beef with cabbage the first time around, but I really look forward to the sandwiches made with sour dough bread and spicy mustard.

buckytom

Grill Master
leftover meatloaf sandwiches, with mustard and onion on rye bread.

leftover roast turkey sandwiches with stuffing, cranberry sauce, and gravy on white bread.

leftover cold fried chicken legs.

sunday gravy always tastes better the next day, but i don't really consider it leftover. same goes for lasagna.

K

Kimchee

oh, I forgot about meatloaf sandwiches!
That's a winner too!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Pot roast/brisket, and baked chicken pieces.

I like leftover corned beef, meatloaf and ham, too!

Lee

GotGarlic

I love leftovers! :smile:

- Spaghetti with meat sauce
- Lasagna
- Chicken a la King over mashed potatoes or toast
- Chicken braised in seasoned cream of chicken soup over rice
- Thanksgiving leftovers
- Open-faced roast turkey sandwich with gravy
- Quiche with turkey, Havarti and roasted red pepper
- New favorite last year: Rachael Ray's posole with leftover turkey and gravy

I read in Cook's Illustrated that these kinds of savory dishes continue to have chemical reactions, even when they're refrigerated, that result in more flavor compounds being created.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Vegetable soup or any soup for that matter tastes extra good as leftovers.
Fried mac and cheese. heated up, fried til crisp, no oil.

FryBoy

I plan and cook with the intention of having leftovers for another one or two meals. I mean, I LIKE to cook, but not every night, and sometimes I'm not home early enough to start from scratch. Right now there are several things in the freezer, packed away in Lock-n-Lock, that are better than anything in the frozen-foods section of the market, and better even than what's available at most reasonably priced restaurants.

Tonight it's leftover pizza meatloaf from earlier this week, and there's another two servings in the freezer:

attachment.php