Sunday 12/11/11 What's shakin' bacon?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well it will be chicken or re-purposed pot roast (IE beef and veggie soup or loaded baked taters).

So what are you eating?

lilylove

Lunch will be grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with a hot bowl of tomato soup.

Dinner... either I'll talk Paul into pizza or we'll have leftover chicken and pasta.

Embryodad

DD is here again,,,baking all day,,,,.....

DW and DD are starting the ...this tastes stale...I don't do like that / put them here / put them there / screaming..."Yer Gonna Need Eggs Ma" / etc etc etc .

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
DD is here again,,,baking all day,,,,.....

DW and DD are starting the ...this tastes stale...I don't do like that / put them here / put them there / screaming..."Yer Gonna Need Eggs Ma" / etc etc etc .
Did the house land on the wicked witch yet? LOL

Embryodad

Did the house land on the wicked witch yet? LOL
No landing of the house...and the b ....er I mean Witch is still not dead.

I had to explain that the roof needs the triangles to support the hip roof..so I made the template, and she made the pieces... I guess tomorrow is the construction day.

Mother will be in PA tomorrow at the Kielbasi factory pickin up the Feast O Plenty. meats.

Embryodad

The Mrs. Made Shepherds Pie for supper. Her supper. I may taste it, but I'm not a fan of mashed potatoes mixed in with ground beef. I would sooner eat macaroni's instead of potatoes.

I didn't make the meatballs early this morning because I knew she said she wanted to do something else with the beef.

I will make the meatballs for tomorrow later tonight.
DD left, and all is quieted down for the evening..

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
an easy-peasy dinner. some kinda pasta w/ pesto/chix is my initial thought, though i have the rest of the nite to pick a meal~

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had this for dinner (no new picture)

Peep's Pot Roast Vegetable Barley Soup

082311_vegetable_beef_barley_soup.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a fave movie is on spike tv so a very fast dinner tonite!-

poached chix tenderloins, a portabello cap, (haven't poached 1 before, luved the result)- cellone's bread spread w/ hummus on both halves, some alfalfa sprouts, pepper. soy yogurt & some milk. keeper. 'kay. returning to my movie now~
(also cooked a batch of pasta. plain. pasta's not 4 tonite- for a nite this week.)

Attachments

• IMG_1528488.jpg
    IMG_1528488.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

Embryodad

poached chix tenderloins, a portabello cap, (haven't poached 1 before, luved the result)- cellone's bread spread w/ hummus on both halves, some alfalfa sprouts, pepper. soy yogurt & some milk. keeper. 'kay. returning to my movie now~
(also cooked a batch of pasta. plain. pasta's not 4 tonite- for a nite this week.)
Nice thick bread luvs....

Enjoy your meal and movie..

Havn't had alfalfa or bean sprouts in ages.
Ooops.. only a few in the Chinese fried rice. That's it!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
that's from a loaf of cellone's i sliced thick.
(& thanks, movie was great & now volume 2 of it's on. volume 1's way better tho. that sammich, i'll be making again.)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
that's from a loaf of cellone's i sliced thick.
(& thanks, movie was great & now volume 2 of it's on. volume 1's way better tho. that sammich, i'll be making again.)
Watching Bill? LOL

Nice sandwich aub.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thx, peep. & yep, it was. both volumes. can't say how many times i've seen vol. 1 w/ jake

Nancy-MD

That soup looks good, Peep. I may make some with my leftovers from supper, which was chuck roast.

Attachments

• 12.11.11.jpg
    12.11.11.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 162
Last night we had my last jar of delicious Paul Sorvino's Vodka Sauce (boo hoo - local market no longer carries it), spiked with bite-size pieces of olive-oil-&-garlic-sauteed boneless skinless chicken tenders. Served over Penne pasta with a green salad on the side.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
looks very good...i gotta try to actually cook some portabellos myself

when i was working this summer in Cali, i had one of the best sandwiches i have ever eated...

Portabello mushroom marinated in balsamic vinegar, then grilled and put on a nice crusty roll, topped with leafy lettuce and swiss cheese

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That soup looks good, Peep. I may make some with my leftovers from supper, which was chuck roast.
Thank you Nan.

That roast, taters,gravy and beans looks so comforting. YUM Make sure you use the meat, beans AND any leftover gravy in the soup.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
looks very good...i gotta try to actually cook some portabellos myself

when i was working this summer in Cali, i had one of the best sandwiches i have ever eated...

Portabello mushroom marinated in balsamic vinegar, then grilled and put on a nice crusty roll, topped with leafy lettuce and swiss cheese

should try 'em, bam; thyey're so easy. i used to grill them on the foreman. that sammich sounds good! luv them for thier meatiness-

Nancy-MD

Thank you Nan.

That roast, taters,gravy and beans looks so comforting. YUM Make sure you use the meat, beans AND any leftover gravy in the soup.
I surely did. Made it for our lunch today, used everything but the kitchen sink in there. Have enough for another day, too. Free soup - sort of.