When it's too hot to grill outside ....

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
... grill INSIDE!

My neighbor and I planned to grill sausages, peppers and onions outside this past week, but it was too hot and humid to stand over an outdoor grill.

So, she pan-cooked the Italian sausages on top of her stove, and I grilled the peppers and onions on my Cuisinart Griddler (like a George Forman).

It did a great job! You have to be a little careful to cut the stuff in about the same thickness. Spray both sides with Pam. Preheat grill to "Grill/Sear" or whatever the highest temp is. Grill for 5 or 6 minutes per batch (I had a lot of both peppers and onions, so I did 2 batches of each veg.). No flipping necessary!

We were very pleased ... and very cool inside!

LOL, this is probably something everyone already knows, but I've never done it before.

Lee

Attachments

• Peppers.JPG
    Peppers.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Onions.JPG
    Onions.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Peppers and Onions.JPG
    Peppers and Onions.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Sausages. peppers and onions.JPG
    Sausages. peppers and onions.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Looks FANTASTIC Lee!
I don't have a Cuisinart Griller. I love Cuisinart products.

Could you grill the sausage on there also or would there be to much fat?

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
As long as I have air to go inside and eat in, it's never to hot outside for me to grill out.

Looks GREAT Lee. :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks FANTASTIC Lee!
I don't have a Cuisinart Griller. I love Cuisinart products.

Could you grill the sausage on there also or would there be to much fat?

Yes, Peep, you could grill the sausages on the Griddler, but I think I would lower the heat a bit so that the inside of the sausages would cook without burning the outside.

Lee

Attachments

• griddler.jpg
    griddler.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 169

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yes, Peep, you could grill the sausages on the Griddler, but I think I would lower the heat a bit so that the inside of the sausages would cook without burning the outside.

Lee

Just cook the sausage whole on low til firm. Then cut open long ways. Then grill hot till browned and fully cooked.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just cook the sausage whole on low til firm. Then cut open long ways. Then grill hot till browned and fully cooked.

I wondered about that. You don't think they are less juicy that way?

Oh, and The Griddler comes with a little dish to catch fat or juices that run off.

Lee

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I wondered about that. You don't think they are less juicy that way?

Oh, and The Griddler comes with a little dish to catch fat or juices that run off.

Lee

That’s the way I do them on the bbq. I precook inside, cut open and brown/crisp on the bbq.

Shermie

Site Supporter
... grill INSIDE!

My neighbor and I planned to grill sausages, peppers and onions outside this past week, but it was too hot and humid to stand over an outdoor grill.

So, she pan-cooked the Italian sausages on top of her stove, and I grilled the peppers and onions on my Cuisinart Griddler (like a George Forman).

It did a great job! You have to be a little careful to cut the stuff in about the same thickness. Spray both sides with Pam. Preheat grill to "Grill/Sear" or whatever the highest temp is. Grill for 5 or 6 minutes per batch (I had a lot of both peppers and onions, so I did 2 batches of each veg.). No flipping necessary!

We were very pleased ... and very cool inside!

LOL, this is probably something everyone already knows, but I've never done it before.

Lee

Yup! ihear yah!! :piesmiley1::eating2:

Attachments

• T-Fal Panini Press Grill..jpg
    T-Fal Panini Press Grill..jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 158