Tuesday 11/15/11 What's cooking?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
My sugar is a bit low this morning so I need to go eat but I'm not hungry.
I have bacon and smoked ham steak in the fridge. Not which or how I will cook one of them. I need some inspiration today.

Any plans?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think I will go to the store and pick up some greens (frozen). Either turnip, mustard, collard greens or kale. I feel like pan frying the ham steak then fry the greens in the ham drippings and serve with mashed. But that may change to split pea soup depending on what others want.

Embryodad

Tinamommy and Her baby (DD) went to drop off some canned foods at the church collection center, and then they are going shopping for F O O D ...

They have to get the F R E E Turkey from ShopRite... Y A Y ! ...and I'm sure they will pick up something for dinner.
"T" put a pot of chicken soup on the stove...so I will have to fend for myself as far as what to make for supper.

I don't do chicken soup the way DW makes it. I never use the skin or bones in my soup. That's just me I guess. I don't like the collegen from the bones which gells in the cooled soup.

OOoops!... I forgot...T did say she took out a piece of Cod Fish for me.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Cod sounds good. I think I've decided on cheater stuffed shrimp (using crab cakes for the stuffing).

Ronjohn

I completely spaced on the date (been happening a lot lately) and was trying to figure out what to do for dinner when thanks to this thread I was reminded it was the 15th. I have a homebrew club meeting to attend, so I'll be having dinner out. And previewing a 7 year old coffee mead at the meeting. :)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
as i haven't thawed meat/poultry/seafood for this evening, tonite's looking as though it's gonna be roast veggies nite w/ some sort of barley pilaf. suppose i could combine some of the roast veggies w/ the barley

Embryodad

Cod fried in a pan with butter and black pepper and lemon juice.
Plus bread (Roll) and butter..and that was supper for me.

Dessert was a Giant Reeses Peanutbutter Cup. No No...I only ate 1/4 of it...plus a peanutbutter Christmas tree by Reeses.

DD was here and believe it or not...she put up the tree that goes in the dining room. The main tree goes up Thanksgiving day after... DD just can't wait to decorate.

df918671.jpg

a555ec72.jpg

e9ccda07.jpg

6ed5010d.jpg

We'll be having the 2 leftover Guinea fowl quarters from Sunday, along with baked/roasted halved "Sweet Dumpling" winter squash, broccoli, & a green salad.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Pan-fried smoked ham steak, potatoes, mushrooms and onions fried in the ham steak drippings with a bit of oil, micro steamed fresh carrots and frozen peas (these carrots were MONSTER sized!).

11511_ham_steak.jpg

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
I went old-school tonight and made San Francisco style pita pockets.....made with ground beef, onions, chopped spinach, seasonings & lots of cheese :biggrin:

Embryodad

Pan-fried smoked ham steak, potatoes, mushrooms and onions fried in the ham steak drippings with a bit of oil, micro steamed fresh carrots and frozen peas (these carrots were MONSTER sized!).

11511_ham_steak.jpg
Looks great peep... OMG THose carrots are huge.

We noticed that carrots are sweet and tasty this year.
Once we bought litttle thin ones, and they were tough and tasteless. It seems like the big fat stubbies are very tasty this year for some reason.?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks great peep... OMG THose carrots are huge.

We noticed that carrots are sweet and tasty this year.
Once we bought litttle thin ones, and they were tough and tasteless. It seems like the big fat stubbies are very tasty this year for some reason.?
Thank you Jimmy. They weren't to sweet tasting.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We had company for dinner tonight, so I made a roasted chicken, stovetop stuffing, roasted carrots, pan gravy, corn, mashed Parmesan taters and fresh baguettes made this morning.

Dinner111511.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had company for dinner tonight, so I made a roasted chicken, stovetop stuffing, roasted carrots, pan gravy, corn, mashed Parmesan taters and fresh baguettes made this morning.

Dinner111511.jpg
Wheres the cranberry sauce? :a1:

Embryodad

Dinner111511.jpg
Looks great Joe...

The wife and DD had chicken from the soup that DW made today.

She also made stovetop chicken flavored stuffing too. I like the flavor and taste of that stuffing. I know a woman that adds a box of that to like a half loaf of torn bread pieces, and I had the stuffing....It was great!