1 cup of sour cream

For the Praline:

1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of chopped pecans

For the Maple Glaze:
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
2 Tablespoons of Pure Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon of chopped Pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350° F.
Grease and flour a large bundt pan. Set aside.

Melt the 1/4 cup of butter in a small saucepan until foamy. Remove from heat and mix in the 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Add the 1/2 cup of chopped pecans. Mix well. Set aside to cool completely.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy. Add both the sugars and continue beating until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating about 1 minute between each egg. Add the vanilla extract and continue mixing for another 30 seconds.

Reduce the mixer to low speed and add the mashed bananas. Mix in half of the flour mixture. Add the sour cream and continue mixing on low speed. Add the other half of the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Top with the nut/butter/brown sugar mixture. Use a knife to make 2 turns around the pan to cut the praline mixture into the batter.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

Cool 10 minutes before carefully turning the pan over and removing the cake from the pan to a wire rack.

After the cake has completely cooled. Mix together the confectioners sugar and maple syrup with a wire whisk. Drizzle over the cooled cake. If desired, top with 1 Tablespoon of chopped pecans.

Step by step pictures can be found here: Praline Banana Bundt Cake with Maple Glazed Topping

banana-bundt-cake-000.jpg

Last edited:

Nancy-MD

Yes, we have no bananas. :sad::sad: We have no bananas today. (That's an old, old song for you young'uns that don't know!)

But I'ma gonna get some tomorrow!

Thank you, Mama!

Embryodad

Yes, we have no bananas. :sad::sad: We have no bananas today. (That's an old, old song for you young'uns that don't know!)

But I'ma gonna get some tomorrow!

Thank you, Mama!
Oh! Nancy...... We are ready to follow the bouncing ball.
Remember that?? At the Movies...just before the picture show..It would wind the people up.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Not your father's banana bread, for sure!

Just lovely!!

Lee

Deelady

Absolutely gorgeous Mama!! And I can't wait to see what it would look like in my flower shaped bunt pan!! :D

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I can't wait for y'all to make this. I'd love to see your pics and hear your reviews! It takes banana bread to a whole new level!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We are also lacking a sufficient number of bananas...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT6JkceQ9FU[/ame]

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
The reason I decided to make this cake was because I went to the grocery store the other day and they had big bags (5 lbs. each) of over ripe bananas for $1. Now, not only did I get to make the cake but I have some extra in the freezer :biggrin:.

Guts

mama thank you for the recipe. I have it copied to my file and will be making this this coming fall as I'm winding down my diet

Domestic Goddess

Mama, save me a piece, I'll be right over. :wink:

Mama, this must be a family favorite at your house!
I bet you buy a lot of bananas when you do your grocery shopping?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Well, I just made it for the first time the day I posted this recipe. It was gone in 3 days. We eat a lot of bananas and we had some more that were getting pretty ripe and DH asked me if I was gonna make "another one of those cakes" with a big grin on his face so what cold I say...I made another cake :lol: