Pork Tenderloin Wellington

Ross in Ventura

If it wasn't for my lovely wife Jackie I would have had a very rough time finishing this meal
file_zps81e6b069.jpg

Jackie cutting up the Kale for the Vegetable. I had cleaned the silver from the tenderloin and cut it in half, ran the dried apple rings in the food processor and cut the tenderloin in half I asked Jackie if she would help me with the prosciutto then she put the hole thing together wile I fired up the Egg
file_zps9166429b.jpg

file_zps0c56c85a.jpg

file_zps0460fa36.jpg

Prosciutto on the parchment paper and Jackie putting the dried apple in-between the two half's of tenderloin
file_zps1d040c20.jpg

file_zps4a1cb5d4.jpg

Rolled in the Puff Pastry
file_zpsb54c0103.jpg

file_zpsd57a1ced.jpg

file_zpsee4637a4.jpg

On the Egg indirect @ 400* for 35-min.
file_zpsda3ce392.jpg

file_zps1fb94b5b.jpg

Served with red potatoes and Kale and a wonderful meal it was

Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

Thanks for looking

Ross

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OMG, Ross and Jackie, that looks perfectly cooked!

Great job!

Lee

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That looks mighty fine. You did a great job training her as well. She made it too easy for you to just worry about the grill.:clap:

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
tell you what, Ross . . . if it wasn't so embarrassing to go out in public drooling, I'd shop for a BGE, based singularly on your works.

but not living in a land of constant two digit temperatures,,,, how long does it take to fire up and get a BGE up to temp? it's not something I would use daily -
and what's the danger of firing up a BGE when it's been sitting outside in single digit/teens temps? the things ain't cheep and I'd sure not like to crack it (thermal expansion / effects / etc...)

pork tenderloin is one of our favs - I've actually tried 'three slicing' it for a flattened out 'double butterfly' effect, then diced fresh apple and en-puffed-pastry for a 'pork strudel' - cinnamon and all - kind of thing - it worked, but definitely a 'project' with many details.

thegrindre

Absolutely fantastic! Great dish. I will try it.
I keep puff pastry on hand regularly to make little mini fruit pies for desert.

Ross in Ventura

OMG, Ross and Jackie, that looks perfectly cooked!

Great job!

Lee
Thanks Lee

Ross
That looks mighty fine. You did a great job training her as well. She made it too easy for you to just worry about the grill.:clap:
Thanks Mountain man Jackie is a great Cook and Baker

Ross
tell you what, Ross . . . if it wasn't so embarrassing to go out in public drooling, I'd shop for a BGE, based singularly on your works.

but not living in a land of constant two digit temperatures,,,, how long does it take to fire up and get a BGE up to temp? it's not something I would use daily -
and what's the danger of firing up a BGE when it's been sitting outside in single digit/teens temps? the things ain't cheep and I'd sure not like to crack it (thermal expansion / effects / etc...)

pork tenderloin is one of our favs - I've actually tried 'three slicing' it for a flattened out 'double butterfly' effect, then diced fresh apple and en-puffedMan-pastry for a 'pork strudel' - cinnamon and all - kind of thing - it worked, but definitely a 'project' with many details.
Thanks Chowderman, I know a lot of my Egg Friends on the North and Northeast cook on thaere Eggs all year. You should go on the Egg Fourm
http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=showcat&catid=1&Itemid=112

Ross