Hello from Australia

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Sattie's Back

Hey peeps, some of you know me, some don't. I'm a foodie and love to cook and try new things. Lately I have been on a bread and soup kick. Actually, soups are my favorite thing to make and today I'm gonna make me some of that dill pickle soup, recipe courtesy of the Noble Pig.

Looking forward to catching up with those that I know and meeting the new peeps!

Sattie

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Sattie's Back

YAY!!! Hi Sattie, welcome back!

Oh, PLEASE post the recipe and your impressions of the dill pickle soup! And a photo, if you post pictures!

I'm a big fan of dill pickles!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Sattie!!!! Great to see you back. Woooo Hoooo :clap: :clap: :clap:

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Awesome. Looking forward to some of your new favorite recipes and I bet you find some new to you recipes here that you'll like. At least I hope so.

eeturk

New here!

Hi all! My name is Erika. I am 20 years old, originally from Southern California and now attending college in Northern California. I love to cook and bake. I'm always busy but maintaining my food instagram and blog is usually the best part of my day! Can't wait to learn lots of things from y'all and I really appreciate the already warm welcome on my few posts over here!

I found this forum because I'm a member of a french bulldog forum that runs on tapatalk and the app suggested I join more! Can't wait to see what you guys have going on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sattie

Resident Rocker Lady
Re: New here!

Welcome aboard!!! Great to have you and you have already posted some yummy food!

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Hi Erika, I'm tickled to hear you found us via tapatalk. I'm glad that is working so well. We have some fantastic cooks here I do think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I suspect you will have some good recipes to add yourself from your blog.

So, what are you majoring in in school?

Saliha

Hello eeturk/Erika!

Welcome! :smile: Nice to get you here. I am waiting to see your recipes and ideas. Hopely you will feel yourself comfortable here.

eeturk

Welcome aboard!!! Great to have you and you have already posted some yummy food!

Thank you, that is so kind of you to say!!

Hi Erika, I'm tickled to hear you found us via tapatalk. I'm glad that is working so well. We have some fantastic cooks here I do think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I suspect you will have some good recipes to add yourself from your blog.

So, what are you majoring in in school?

Thank you!! Hopefully I can contribute and keep up! Already made a brownie recipe from here this morning and it is FABULOUS.

I'm a double major in Econ and communications. My school doesn't have a business program, so I improvised.

Welcome eeturk!

Thank you!!

Hello eeturk/Erika!

Welcome! :smile: Nice to get you here. I am waiting to see your recipes and ideas. Hopely you will feel yourself comfortable here.

Thank you!!

Also if any of you guys have cooking instagrams I'd love to follow you! Mine is foodandfrenchies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironman

🍺
Big Hugs

Sattie!!!!!! :wink: I thought you were gone for good. :cry:

So happy to see you back. :beer:

Stick around this time, okay?! :cool:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Big Hugs

Sattie!!!!!! :wink: I thought you were gone for good. :cry:

So happy to see you back. :beer:

Stick around this time, okay?! :cool:

Everything you said about Sattie .... same to YOU, Ironman!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter

Welcome, Erika!

Glad to have you join us!

Lee

calcmandan

TalkChef refugee

I just joined this forum after discontinuing with another chef forum. They disabled tapatalk in favor of their mobile site and I simply don't wish to use the ungainly browser if I have something superior.

So I'm an at-home cook. Learning as I go to prepare meals with an ultimate goal of creating my own elaborate dishes without the need to steal from recipe sites and books.

I have no formal training and have kept youtube busy with the multitudes of cooking channels such as 'the seasoned cook.'

A big fan of homemade stocks, many meals involve a stock in one way or another. Much of the kitchen time is spent attempting to create beautiful restaraunt quality presentations and thoughtful garnishments for dinner guests.

Currently, a major focus is creating a perfectly flaky pie crust. For some reason, despite apparent ease on youtube, it's been a significant challenge. Needless to say, a number of failed dough balls have been dunked into the trash.

A relatively recent conquest has been the creation of coq au vin. The epicurious channel on the good ol' blu-ray player had a multi-part video and served as a good multi-day project. That was my official entry into traditional french cooking and it was a ball. To complement the dish my guests were delighted to have mozarella stuffed risotto balls.

Ramble alert - that's all. I have high hopes this is a vibrant community.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: TalkChef refugee

Hi calcmandan - welcome!

Looking forward to learning from you!

Lee

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
Re: TalkChef refugee

TalkChef or ChefTalk?

as if it matters. many of the sites have admin = absentee slum lords.

my favorite is "we administrators/moderators" cannot possibly read all new messages every day"
all 10 or 15 messages of them. . . .

they need a new day job.

pull up a stool; we do cook here.