Wednesday 12/21/2011 What's the plan?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am planning bacon, eggs, fried taters and maybe biscuits.

What's your plans?

lilylove

Paul has to work late every night this week.. he's been getting home after 9. Too late for dinner so I've just been packing him extra large lunches and he snacks through the day. I've had canned soup and easy one person premade dinners. Easy Peasy!

Leaving for Mx on the 23rd so the food will improve by leeps and bounds. :)

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made a big pot of cabbage rolls last night, so I'll be having the same tonight.

I have a little of this & a little of that. So far the plan is Brisket sliders w/ whipped cream horseradish & thinly sliced roma tomatoes, apple/potato pancakes, & coleslaw.

Embryodad

No real plans to speak of..

Have hamburger meat..so maybe a burger and a salad.

DD is here baking cookies...AGAIN!

DW is cooking Rice Pudding...

I told her I'll eat mine with tomato sauce...

Leni

I still have a fair amount of ham leftover. Not sure of the sides just yet. I should make a salad since we have so much lettuce growing in the backyard.

Embryodad

I fried hamburgers in the pan. Added swiss cheese, and on white bread toasted lightly....they were good.
I had a romaine lettuce salad with parmesan and olive oil.
DW had some black pepper potatochips

Cookies were on the dessert table. I had 5 oatmeal cookies.

Too warm to cook today; plus the kitchen was taken over by DD...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
kinda 2 dinners in 1. the fridge needed some clearing- so, once again meatloaf (also some bread) that i put in the oven- tomato sauce on the meatloaf & also some pasta (this time i added pesto to it), & creamy parmesan peas-

Attachments

• IMG_2352599.jpg
    IMG_2352599.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 118

Embryodad

kinda 2 dinners in 1. the fridge needed some clearing- so, once again meatloaf (also some bread) that i put in the oven- tomato sauce on the meatloaf & also some pasta (this time i added pesto to it), & creamy parmesan peas-

Looks Great luvs..

Shells with the meatloaf is a good idea.

There was a way that my aunt used to make meatloaf with corn and diced carrots. She then ladled Tomato Soup on top and baked it.

Her kids (my cousins) didn't eat vegetables unless it was inside the meatloaf... hahahahaha...Go figure!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Over easy eggs, bacon, home fries (red potatoes, Yukon potatoes, onion and mushrooms fried in bacon fat) and biscuit (got a bit too brown but tasted wonderful).

122111_eggs_bacon.jpg

Nancy-MD

Luvs, your meatloaf looks yummy. You got me so hungry for it, I made it for our supper tonight. Have to satisfy the jones.

Peep, I'd love to be eating that! Mmmmmmm!

Everyone's dinners sound so good - especially those cabbage rolls. Oh yum.

I made broccoli cheese soup to go along with our sandwiches for lunch today. Peppered turkey on a pretzel roll. They are seriously yum.
Supper was meatloaf. Gonna have cold meatloaf sammies tomorrow for lunch!

Attachments

• 12.21.11 cheddar broccoli soup and peppered turkey on pretzel roll.jpg
    12.21.11 cheddar broccoli soup and peppered turkey on pretzel roll.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 12.21.11 meatloaf.jpg
    12.21.11 meatloaf.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 118

Embryodad

Over easy eggs, bacon, home fries (red potatoes, Yukon potatoes, onion and mushrooms fried in bacon fat) and biscuit (got a bit too brown but tasted wonderful).

122111_eggs_bacon.jpg
Looks mighty good peep!

We had burgers with the cheese, and instead of using buns (which we didn't have) I made toast. American Bread (Wonder) and the burgers were delicious.
Tina said there is less bread that way. I agree, but a really good burger bun is hard to find sometimes.

ps: She is tripping to South Jersey on the Parkway tomorrow....uhh uhhh
guess where I asked her to stop? ... Roy Rogers for a couple of roast beef sammies for me. I told her to make sure or I won't let her go anymore.

Haaaaaaaa!!!

Embryodad

Luvs, your meatloaf looks yummy. You got me so hungry for it, I made it for our supper tonight. Have to satisfy the jones.

I made broccoli cheese soup to go along with our sandwiches for lunch today. Peppered turkey on a pretzel roll. They are seriously yum.
OOooooooo!!! That looks great Nanxcy.

The peas look great. Nice and plump!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Nan and Jimmy.

Nan you plates look fantastic. Nice soup and meat loaf.

Jimmy ask T to drop a couple off for me! LOL

Embryodad

Nancy...I had to go back to this...

What the heck kind of golden crust sammich buns is that???
The bun looks awesome, and almost as if you broiled cheese on top the bun!!!.... ummm!!!

Ooops...dummy me...I see it now!! hahaha... A Pretzel roll??? ...Never heard of it!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
peep, i wanna dive into that bacon & dip it into the eggs- yum!

jimmy, it was pretty much the same recipe i use for meatballz, so figured, why not. u should try to find pretzel bread- they have it by the deli meats section here pretty often.

nancy, i'm glad u squelched the meatloaf craving. it's one of those foods.......
it looks good- your soup & potato, too!

& cooksie, like trish, i too, luv stuffed cabbage.

CCook, those sliders, ummmm~

Rustpot

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I made Fish & chips last night. Them egg's & hash browns look good![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Question: I don't get the thumbnail photos that some people post. It just shows an X where the photo is. Why is this? [/FONT]

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I made Fish & chips last night. Them egg's & hash browns look good![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Question: I don't get the thumbnail photos that some people post. It just shows an X where the photo is. Why is this? [/FONT]

rustpot, u may wanna try the general info forums

Last night we enjoyed leftover quarters of truly delicious Costco-purchased rotisserie chicken, along with a veggie medley of fresh cauliflower & broccoli florets, & organic baby carrots in a homemade parmesan-spiked bechamel sauce. Oh - & the usual green salad.