What kind of steak are you?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I ran across this interesting article. I'm a ribeye and the description pretty much fits. Does your favorite steak fit you?

Omaha Steaks has been my family’s company for nearly a century. While we are technically in the meat industry, we also are in the business of delivering exceptional dining experiences to our family of customers. Over the years, we have learned that one steak does not fit all. We began to notice that different personality types seem to favor different steaks.
That observation prompted the Omaha Steaks Product Development Team to conduct an informal survey of Omaha Steaks customers to determine if there truly was a genuine correlation between the personality traits of individual consumers and the type of steak they prefer. Our survey findings validated our observation that individual preferences in steaks are directly linked to a well-defined group of common personality characteristics. Here are the team’s findings:

Filet Mignons are mild mannered, tender hearted, meticulous and enjoy simple elegance. Attributes of a filet mignon, the tenderest of all steaks, include a mild flavor and aroma.

Ribeyes are even-tempered, strive for balance in life and have laid back attitudes with a bit of a maverick spirit. Attributes of a ribeye steak include a balanced rich, juicy flavor that is tender, yet firm in texture.

Strip Loins (New York Strips) are passionate and somewhat indulgent, with strong personalities and take charge attitudes. Attributes of a strip loin steak include a rich beefy flavor and a firm texture.

Top Sirloins are mainstream with a down to earth philosophy on life and a “what you see is what you get” attitude. Attributes of a top sirloin steak are a beefy flavor that is naturally lean.

T-Bones havestrong convictions and prefer the outdoors and the wilderness, although they are also known to possess a somewhat sensitive side. Attributes of a T-bone steak include the beefy taste of a strip loin combined with the tender flavor of a filet mignon.

Since we released our survey results, countless people have shared with me that our findings are “spot on” in terms of their preferences. This data also has enabled us to make better recommendations to those who want to buy steaks for family and friends and are somewhat unsure about which steak to choose.

Whatever steak is your preference, it’s important that you prepare it well for full enjoyment. Grilling great steaks is easy if you follow some simple rules.

Here are Omaha Steaks top 5 tips for perfect grilling:
1. Clean and pre-heat your grill on high.
2. Lightly oil and season everything before you put it on the grill. This helps the searing process and prevents sticking.
3. Sear the outside of the steaks when grilling, using tongs or a spatula to turn the meat, and cover the grill as much as possible during the grilling process to help lock in the great flavor and to prevent flare-ups. Never pierce the steak when grilling as that allows the flavorful juices to escape. Don’t press or squish the steaks or burgers when grilling either. Just let them be!
4. Use the 60/40 grilling method. Grill for 60% of the time on the first side, then grill 40% of the time after you turn over the food. This will give you an evenly cooked product.
5. Place your cooked meats on a clean plate and allow your foods to “rest” for two to five minutes before serving to retain moisture and juiciness.

Most steaks don’t take very long to cook on the grill, so be careful to avoid overcooking. Using a timer like the one in Omaha Steaks’ free iPhone app, Steaktime, can be a great help, too. With the Steaktime app timer, the user can create a personalized steak timer setting for each guest, ensuring that everyone’s steak is grilled to perfection and ready to serve simultaneously.

Whatever steak is your favorite, just grill it according to your personal preference and enjoy it with your family and friends, while you talk about how you always knew your dad was a rib-eye lovin’ maverick.

Todd Simon is the fifth-generation family owner of Omaha Steaks
external-link.png

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I would have picked cube steak for me....somewhat square and cheap :corny:
Of those listed, my first pick is filet mignon (saucy filet :mrgreen:), and I guess it does fit me to a degree.