you & grocery shopping~

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
name your shopping style.

me-
decide to get a cantaloupe.
figure i may as well make a list & skim the ads as i make it.
get to the store.
retrieve the list from the depths of my purse.
get a buggy, use the sanitizing wipes on it, then pass the pastry section.
see p.b. cookies there.
promptly place in buggy.
swerve over to the chilled drink section.
put 12 in buggy.
look for new, neat produce. get it, as it looks neat.
drive ur buggy like a woman on a mission & bark orders at friends to hit the endcaps.
get cranky & say, 'i said a half pound of bresaola. this is 0.01 over'.
visit friends you've made w/in the place & put cheese, seltzer, seafood, & cat treats into buggy as yinz chit-chat.
get samples from all over the store as they have them all over & they look yummy. get full.
get the rest of stuff on a whim.
purchase items.
look at list.
oh, yeah. the list!
the cantaloupe. oops.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
We wouldn't make very good shopping partners, Luvs :lol:. For a big haul at the grocery store, I always have a list that is organized into categories. The first thing I do is pull out the list and prop it on my purse. Then I proceed to gather and get the heck outta there.

At the meat counter if I ask for a lb and it's a little over or under, I just tell them it's fine, wrap it up. I do get things that aren't on the list, especially in the produce section. If it looks really good, I get it, same with the meat.

I'm not much on the free samples either (not that there's anything wrong with them).

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
u'd weep shopping w/ me.:D
most bicker..... i'm not takin' 'er
well then make him take her!
explitive

i make ppl nuts when they shop w/ me. finicky, distracted.......:whistle:

K

Kimchee

I'm pretty much a Make A List and Get That Stuff guy.
I do scan the meats and other areas for markdowns or
really good deals, but otherwise I am pretty much immune from
impulse buying.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I go for the best deals. Period. There are sooooo many places around me I shop on price. If the quality sucks I dont buy though.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
I have a program to make the shopping list - easy "search&select", spot for notes specific to that trip, ability to "keep" something on the list when erasing for a "new" list - and, best of all, when it prints out, it prints out by aisle/location (up to three stores) - cause I get really po'd having to run all the way back to the other end of the store when I get to the bottom of the list . . .

it also does "dishes" - so if I select "stir fry" it automatically pops in mushrooms, peppers, ie all the ingredients - cause I get really po'd when I get home and find out I forgot water chestnuts . . .

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
I have a program to make the shopping list - easy "search&select", spot for notes specific to that trip, ability to "keep" something on the list when erasing for a "new" list - and, best of all, when it prints out, it prints out by aisle/location (up to three stores) - cause I get really po'd having to run all the way back to the other end of the store when I get to the bottom of the list . . .

it also does "dishes" - so if I select "stir fry" it automatically pops in mushrooms, peppers, ie all the ingredients - cause I get really po'd when I get home and find out I forgot water chestnuts . . .

now, ur talkin'! let's get groceries.:respect:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I like going grocery shopping.
Usually have things in mind (necessary items).

Lists no longer exist for me, unless there's a specific recipe.
Always go with this or that-- love finding new things... buy too much all the time, then later look in the cupboard or freezer and ask myself..
Now, just why exactly did you buy THAT?

One shopping mistake of mine; a bunch of bananas.

Can you say fruit flies?:yum::glare: