TGIFriday 1/13/12 What's the plan?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
YIKES Friday the 13th! I have nothing planned! I went to the doctor this morning got some unwelcome news plus my BP was to higher (higher than what it was the last time). I fell leaving the building and wiped out my knees. Ouch. And all this before 9 AM!

I think I will go hide till dinner needs to be made and maybe just do eggs for dinner.

Any plans?

lilylove

Take care of yourself!

Looking for a chicken recipe that makes my mouth water. Haven't found one yet but the chicken is thawed so I'd better keep searching.

:)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Going next door to an appetizer party with a bunch of the neighbors. We try to get together after the holidays when it's less hectic, especially for the neighbors with kids. I made the Lavash Crackers for dipping in various creamy cheesy dips someone is making.

We made 40# of fresh Italian sausage and 50# of Sopressata last night. Got the Sopressata hanging in my buddy's attic for the next 30 days till we press it. I can hardly wait to taste it. We used almost a whole bottle of homemade wine in the Sopressata, and the group (not me) drank another 4 bottles while working. These guys are all over 55, yet they drink like there is no tomorrow. At least I woke up with a clear head...not so much for the others.

What a mess to cleanup. I pushed the dishwasher out of the way because he couldn't see (from the wine) all the meat and fat he was leaving on the equipment and tools, and I washed for half an hour. The pork was 95% lean and we got it for $1.95/#, and we trimmed another 8-1/2# off the meat before grinding. They are doing another box of meat tonight for fresh sausage for another guy, but I will partying next door so I can't help them.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Going next door to an appetizer party with a bunch of the neighbors. We try to get together after the holidays when it's less hectic, especially for the neighbors with kids. I made the Lavash Crackers for dipping in various creamy cheesy dips someone is making.

We made 40# of fresh Italian sausage and 50# of Sopressata last night. Got the Sopressata hanging in my buddy's attic for the next 30 days till we press it. I can hardly wait to taste it. We used almost a whole bottle of homemade wine in the Sopressata, and the group (not me) drank another 4 bottles while working. These guys are all over 55, yet they drink like there is no tomorrow. At least I woke up with a clear head...not so much for the others.

What a mess to cleanup. I pushed the dishwasher out of the way because he couldn't see (from the wine) all the meat and fat he was leaving on the equipment and tools, and I washed for half an hour. The pork was 95% lean and we got it for $1.95/#, and we trimmed another 8-1/2# off the meat before grinding. They are doing another box of meat tonight for fresh sausage for another guy, but I will partying next door so I can't help them.
Sounds yummy Joe. I can't wait to hear/read your review!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i have gotta clean my shelves of some stuff & fridge of veggies & that as i'm finally 'goin to the 'iggle tomorrow. i'm gonna check if my friend'll take me to thier newest market district rather than my usual fave.

soooo....... probably soup early & pasta before i zonk. or pitch the veggies/compact the pantry items into baggies, then make my way to the bar for wings. ain't that dagnabbin chilly- i just went to get the mail.

Embryodad

Sounds like you had a great time Joe...
Boy Oh Boy!.... I remember Gramps had the barrels of the Dego Red in the cellar.

I was only 11...and was offered the wine (thinned out with Ginger Ale though ).

I remember the whole ordeal...the men half "S" faced...and the women cackling and laughing. It was a big family thing when it came to sausage making.
The women did the mixing...because they didn't have hairy arms.
You couldn't say that about their Legs though. Couldn't see it with the black stockings (nylons) they wore. Ha Ha Ha ...what a riot.

Embryodad

DW made pizza sauce...I made the dough.
Just fried up some sausage bits for toppings...and grated the cheese.

I had to work on the car today of all days. Out in the freezing wind.
I just kept coming inside to warm up my dead frozen fingers.

I think I will add my anchiovies to my slices as they come out of the oven. God forbid I would contaminate the rest of the pizza.

Well...time to make the pizza!!:chef:

Nancy-MD

It was a good day for lentil and split pea soup and cornbread.

Attachments

• 1.13.12.JPG
    1.13.12.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 141
I was planning on buying Cod (it's Cod season!) & baking it Panko-breaded, but after my wonderful seafood guy had wrapped up my plain Cod, I suddenly noticed lovely fresh Cod filets already breaded with Panko breadcrumbs & sliced almonds. The seafood guy laughed, & happily exchanged my plain Cod filet for the Panko/almond-breaded one.

So that's what's baking in the oven as I type. Will serve with steamed multi-colored cauliflower & a big green salad.

Embryodad

PIZZA...NIGHT..

This time I made the crust with Fresh Yeast.. A definite difference..for the good!
DW made the sauce...

I used 2/3 mozzarella and 1/3 Muenster all grated freshly and mixed together!

Sausage and 1/2 Onion on one...and Green bell peppers chopped on the other.

Then DW had a Fresh Lemon Pie that she made earlier.

All in All...a Great supper.. and snacks for later.

19e60d56.jpg

4ca852fa.jpg

a6721f40.jpg

1e61fdb8.jpg

96d485da.jpg

Embryodad

It was a good day for lentil and split pea soup and cornbread.

Looks Good Nancy!..... Never mixed Lentil and Pea! Hmmmm!!

I was planning on buying Cod (it's Cod season!) & baking it Panko-breaded, but after my wonderful seafood guy had wrapped up my plain Cod, I suddenly noticed lovely fresh Cod filets already breaded with Panko breadcrumbs & sliced almonds. The seafood guy laughed, & happily exchanged my plain Cod filet for the Panko/almond-breaded one.

So that's what's baking in the oven as I type. Will serve with steamed multi-colored cauliflower & a big green salad.

Breezy Cooking... Codfish is Great. I love cod. Sounds Great!!

This afternoon our market had lovely fresh Cod - some plain; some crusted with Panko breadcrumbs & sliced almonds. I have to admit that I submitted to the Panko/Almond filets.

And they were WONDERFUL. Baked them at 350 for 25 minutes - they were thick - & they were flavorful without being "fishy", tender - absolutely delicious. Served them with a side of steamed "green" cauliflower & a big green salad with lots of marinated olives & other salad "stuff". Great meal.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Peep... Geeze...

You all in one piece?

Hope you didn't get hurt that bad with that trip and fall this am?
Thank you Jimmy. My knees are killing me. I had a bowl of cereal for dinner. I wish I had your pizza and some lemon pie.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
YUM Nancy!

Double YUM Jimmy!

We just had tuna salad sandwiches on toast with lettuce and tomato with some tomato soup.

Embryodad

YUM Nancy!

Double YUM Jimmy!

We just had tuna salad sandwiches on toast with lettuce and tomato with some tomato soup.
Thanks Mama.... Thanks Mama.. = ( Double Thanks )

Oh! $***..........I just remembered, there is leftover pizza. I live Cold (Room Temp) Pizza!..

I'll Nosh on that whilst I get my Mommy T to decide what she wants for din din.