Veal Scaloppini with Wine, Mushrooms, Green Olives

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This looked so great when Rachel Ray made it, that I had to try it! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...ne-mushroom-and-green-olive-recipe/index.html

I omitted the green olives, since I'll be using them in another dish that I'm making this week.

Shoulda had the green olives in there.

This was very good, but would have been GREAT with the olives!

Lee

Veal Scaloppini with Wine, Mushroom and Green Olive

Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
Prep Time: 10 min Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time: 15 min Level: Intermediate Serves: 4 servings
tm1c07_veal_scaloppini_med.jpg

Ingredients

• 3/4 pound linguini
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    showlist_icon.gif
    , 4 turns of the pan, plus some for drizzling
  • 3 slices pancetta or bacon, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 16 crimini mushrooms or button mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 pound veal scaloppini, cut into 1-inch strips
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 cloves garlic, smashed
  • 1 cup dry white wine
  • 16 pitted, large green olives, coarsely chopped
  • A handful chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
  • 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
  • 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Romano, a couple of handfuls
Directions

Place pasta water on to boil and cook linguini 8 minutes, to al dente in salted water. Drain and reserve. Keep warm.

Preheat a large, heavy skillet over medium to medium high heat. Add 1 turn of the pan or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and the pancetta or bacon.

Cook pancetta or bacon 1 to 2 minutes alone, then add onions and cook another 2 or 3 minutes. Add mushrooms to the pan and cook together with the onions 3 to 5 minutes.

Season veal strips with salt and pepper. In a second skillet preheated over medium high heat, add 1 1/2 turns of extra-virgin olive oil and 1 clove smashed garlic. Quick-fry half of the veal searing each side of the strips 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer cooked veal strips and garlic to a plate and repeat.

Add all of the cooked strips and garlic to the onions and mushrooms then add wine to the pan and lift up all of the drippings. Cook wine down to evaporate the alcohol about 2 to 3 minutes. Stir olives and parsley into veal and mushrooms.

Serve portions of veal, mushrooms and green olives on a bed of hot linguini tossed with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, butter and grated cheese.

Attachments

• Veal Scallopini - Rachel Ray's.JPG
    Veal Scallopini - Rachel Ray's.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,426

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
It's very hard to find veal here in the PNW, nobody sells it. I think I'll try this with chicken lol - Thanks for sharing Qsis!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I missed this thread the first time around, thanks for bumping it RM. That looks and sounds incredible QSis! I must try this!! :thumb: