Best/Worst Chains, Fast Food, etc.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
We have a Joe's Crab Shack here, it is in a nicer upscale neighborhood and does a ton of business, so DW and I have been thinking of giving it a try one of these days.

the one we ate was in an upscale part of town in Phoenix,AZ... did lots of business(judging by the amount of cars we seen there every night) and we were really looking forward to it..lol

smoke king

Banned
my favorite chain restaurant will always be Aweful House i mean Waffle House.. its always greasy, the services generally sucks but i am addicted to their food..lol

May the gods of high cholesterol forgive me, I almost forgot about Waffle House!!

My favorite Guilty pleasure! I've been known to drive 45 minutes out of my way for an order of hash browns scattered, smothered and covered!!

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We have a Frisch's Big Boy a couple of miles south of me in Nicholasville Kentucky that I've eaten at a couple of times. Once for breakfast and once for lunch. The place was spotless, comfortable, great service and the food was excellent for what it was. My only complaint was they gave me way more than I could eat at one time but I've had that problem before in some places. Now it seems to me the more expensive the place is the less food they actually give you.

Constance

We like O'Charley's, which is a small chain. We've never had a bad meal there.

There's an Applebee's here, and some of their meals are pretty good...I love the chicken quesadilla and their Perfect Margarita. I think they're a little pricey for what they are, though.

As for the truly "fast food" places...Burger King has a Tendercrisp chicken sandwich that is great, but their burgers give me the quick-step, as does all Mexican food, so no Taco Bell for me.
The only things I like from McDonald's (McYuck's) are the Egg McMuffin and the hash browns. I used to love their fries, but they don't taste as good as they used too.
My favorite burger joint is Hardee's. I like the Little Thickburger and Natural Fries. Just gotta have a fix of junk food now and then.

Our KFC is so greasy it's awful. Hardee's quit making their fried chicken when the KFC came to town, and I think that's too bad, because they had pretty darned good chicken.

We have a Cracker Barrel down the road, and they do have tasty food, and it's reliable. Most of their entrees are awfully starchy, though.

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sam Adams light is the "worst" beer? They must mean calorie-wise.

I've never tried (or heard of) Beck's Premier Light. I'll have to give that a try.

Those lists were interesting and pretty surprising to me, HC - thanks for posting them!

Lee

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
May the gods of high cholesterol forgive me, I almost forgot about Waffle House!!

My favorite Guilty pleasure! I've been known to drive 45 minutes out of my way for an order of hash browns scattered, smothered and covered!!

i like my hashbrowns scattered,doubled,covered,smothered,chunked,diced and capped