Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
Has anyone here visited any of the locations Guy Fieri has been to?

guy%20fieri%20.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master
the tick tock diner is a jersey classic diner. it's greek based, but serves big portions of just about anything you can think of, except maybe asian foods. actually, i think they do a stir fry. i don't know about drooling over it, but the food is good.

moustache bill's had really great pancakes. that all i remember. i haven't been there in years.

white manna is a whole 'nother world. it's the same idea as white castle, serving small fart burgers, but they blow white castle away. juicy but not greasy. i used to swim and work out at the ymca across the street. i wonder why i never lost any weight????

PanchoHambre

Don't watch his show... no cable.

I love Diner's and DriveIn's though

NY had great Greek Diners growing up... sadly many gone

Queens had a bunch of awesome diners.... the best got bought by Mexicans... who kept the old interior and the old diner menu but added awesome Mexican food.... oh I miss that place. The combo of Mexican and Diner was brilliant!

Deadly Sushi

I went here:
Paradise Pup
1724 S. River Rd.
Des Plaines, IL 60018

There was a line out the door when I got there at 2pm on a Friday. Thing is, the place is the size of a large bathroom. Very very small joint. I tried the hamburger and hot dog. The dog wasnt anything great. The hamburger was pretty good. Not good to the point I would go out of my way to go back though.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Yea, I know he did a thing here in chicago, but would have to look up where he went. I think he did stop at the White Palace but even though I used to work right down the road from it I never did go to it. They did use it in a movie though, and they also used the street behind our office for a movie. Pretty cool watching it.

Hey TGM, A good place to try is Herm's Palace on Golf Rd. I think it is technically in Skokie but right next to Evanston. He is kinda expensive, but we love the food there, even know Scott and Brett two of the three brothers running the place.
Love their chili in winter but the Italian Beef is the best!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I've been to the Dining Car & Market on Frankford Ave, Philadelphia a few times. Their dinner menu features daily dishes.....If you go on friday, you can get Pork Cutlet Parmesan.... really nice way to serv pork loin cutlets..
on Saturday, they serve a "White Meat Loaf"......... very nice, and healthy too !

Elaine l

I have! A few weeks ago I was vacationing in FL and eating at the Whale's Rib in Deerfield Beach. They were filming for an upcoming episode of diners,drive-ins and dives. The place gets a thumbs up from me.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I love this show!

Too bad he's never visited a diner I know and love very well.

Lester's:heart:

Attachments

• 3044441731_a3f1eb3dc9_o.jpg
    3044441731_a3f1eb3dc9_o.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 33

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I am never watching this show again, LOL! The last two places he went to and raved over that are in our area, I tried. Both sucked, badly. Horribly expensive and the food is blah to bland to just big balls of grease with no other taste.
How much does he get paid to say these places are worth the fortunes they charge for food I make better at home??

Deadly Sushi

I am never watching this show again, LOL! The last two places he went to and raved over that are in our area, I tried. Both sucked, badly. Horribly expensive and the food is blah to bland to just big balls of grease with no other taste.
How much does he get paid to say these places are worth the fortunes they charge for food I make better at home??

Who did ya go with and when are you going to post photos? :shifty::w00t:

Calicolady

I've been to:
Skylark Diner</SPAN>
Route 1 and Wooding Ave.
Edison, NJ 08817
Tel: (732) 777-7878

The Ritz Diner</SPAN>
72 East Mount Pleasant Ave.
Livingston, NJ 07039
Tel: (973) 533-1213

Tick Tock Diner</SPAN>
281 Alwood Rd.
Clifton , NJ 07012
Tel: (973) 777-0511
Bayway Diner</SPAN>
2019 South Wood Avenue
Linden, NJ
Tel : (908) 862 - 3207

All good and ample. I wish I had a few 24 hour "joints here".
Or a "diner" for that matter.

Calicolady

Idon't have photos, and havent' been in Jersey since I moved here in '99. Sorry.
But Jersey is known for it's diners, greek diners, greasy spoons, hot dog joints, bars on every corner. They don't last if they're no good.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Well I need to contact them next time they are planning on heading to Chicago! Instead of Paraside Pup they should have hit Herm's Place just down the road. Ten times better at least with great Italian Beefs, chili cheese dogs, polish's, chili, and Chicago Hot Dogs.
In Chicago (south loop) there is the Polk Street Pub for some great Oscar's and bread bowls (soup, stew, chili), and the White Palace which was featured in a movie and is a classic dinner/dive joint.
Down here in our neck of the woods we have Mickey's, Skatchels, and Fredy's Pizza which has Italian food, a grocery store, gelato, and Italian ice.

lilylove

double nummmmmy!! We are so due for another dinner there. I'm craving a vanilla milkshake and now that I've had theirs..no others will do!

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Well I need to contact them next time they are planning on heading to Chicago! Instead of Paraside Pup they should have hit Herm's Place just down the road. Ten times better at least with great Italian Beefs, chili cheese dogs, polish's, chili, and Chicago Hot Dogs.
In Chicago (south loop) there is the Polk Street Pub for some great Oscar's and bread bowls (soup, stew, chili), and the White Palace which was featured in a movie and is a classic dinner/dive joint.
Down here in our neck of the woods we have Mickey's, Skatchels, and Fredy's Pizza which has Italian food, a grocery store, gelato, and Italian ice.

You're making me way too hungry now :biggrin: