Trouble in the Atlantic

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Most of us that live in the "hurricane zone" (welcome VB) monitor the updates pretty regularly. I don't know if anyone has been paying attention, but the developments over the last few days of Igor and Julia are reminiscent of the movie "The Perfect Storm". Anyone remember that one?

I know - nobody's predicting anything like that, but look at this forecast from the National Hurricane Center. Creepy!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/025315.shtml?tswind120#contents

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
DW & I were talking about Wilma earlier today. 120 mph winds right outside our windows. Spooky.

buckytom

Grill Master
who need engine thrust, buzz. add a little flaps and you're off! :wink:

good luck to you and ss riding the rest of the storm season out.

if i ever build on my property in port charlotte, i think it'll be an all steel structure on stilts.

goatherder

just woke up and have not checked out the Atlantic, but last night before I went to bed, I unplugged our weather radio because the warning alarm kept going off. I checked the radar online and there were tornado warnings just north and west of us; Athens County Ohio had tornado warnings!!:eek:. Tornadoes are common in the midwest, but the season should be winding down. Months can go by and the weather radio warning alarm will not activate, but it went off 5 times last evening.

YeOldeStonecat

are reminiscent of the movie "The Perfect Storm". Anyone remember that one?a]

I sure do, I was living right down in a fishing town peninsula at that time too. What damage! A lot of weather phenomena lined up to create that mess. Main points being 3x different weather fronts coming from 3x different directions, the hurricane taking it's usual path towards the north east, a front coming from the west, and another one coming down from the north east.