The "Breakfast" thread

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Wow Mama, I could tear that breakfast up right now. I asked for an omelet and she threw a bagel with cream cheese on a plate. Might have to make my own for a brunch in a little while.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's been awhile since Mama's breakfast, so I thought I'd tease a little with this morning's fare.

EnglishMuffins120912.jpg

EnglishMuffins120912-1.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a few adult beverages. :drink2:they say u gotta live life to its fullest, so i'm living life. :drink2:

Embryodad

a few adult beverages. :drink2:they say u gotta live life to its fullest, so i'm living life. :drink2:

Lovely! ..... ahhahaha.

Tina was in PA yesterday shopping and gettin the kielbasi...and she was in the Italian section, and got me a whole gallon of home made Dego Red Wine.
I have it in the garage where its cool.

Gotta go down and do some work in the garage in a bit!.....hahahaha... :eat1:

What they do..is to avoid penalty for selling home made. On the side porch is a bunch of cards...you put 20.00 in the card and ring the bell...say merry christmas or happy holiday, and you give a gift, and mr Scavo says happy to you too, and passes to you a glass gallon jug all wrapped in christmas or birthday paper or whatever. It's legal cuz all it is, is exchanging and giving gifts.

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Breakfast on the last day of 2012!

Attachments

• breakfast12312012.jpg
    breakfast12312012.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 191

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Lee! I love Egg McJoe's too! I'm gonna have to look up his english muffin recipe and give it a whirl as soon as I get some rings.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Wow! are those mashed potato pancakes? I love them almost as much as the french toast she is making tomorrow.

Yep, they are indeed mashed potato pancakes. I added some Parmesan cheese and chives. They were soooo good.

I haven't made french toast in a while. DH loves it. I may have to make some for breakfast this weekend.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
is said a few beverages promote health.:heart:
He started the day with a shot of Kessler's and a Rolling Rock, then drank throughout the day. killed him in less than three years after he retired. Pity...

Anyway, just had some eggs and Italian toast to start the day.

Breakfast010413.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm making a baked apple.

joe, a few is different than an entire day of drinking. i'll drink too much here & there, tho i metabolize stuff so quickly, is kinda similar to drinking pop. vodka gets me drunk. so i keep vodka-drinking to a minimum.

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
This morning we had over medium eggs, hashbrown casserole with crumbled bacon, sliced tomatoes and toasted homemade Italian Bread.

Attachments

• breakfast01122013.jpg
    breakfast01122013.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 170

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've got some apples in the fidge that need to be used so I'm thinking maybe apple pancakes or french toast for tomorrow morning....maybe even some sausage too.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's Carnival so I do my King Cake French Toast during weekend brunch.
Start with a nice sized piece of King Cake. Remove the sugary top and hold aside.
Take the bottom and dredge in your favourite french toast blend. Grill, placing the center part on the grill first.
Meanwhile, saute some apple slices with butter, sugar and cinnamon.
Flip the King Cake when ready.

For assembly, I make a sauce of Toasted Caramel Whiskey, heavy cream and 10X, boiling till it reduces. I place this sauce in the bottom of a shallow bowl, but a platter will do.

Place the bottom of the King Cake in the sauce, with the middle facing up. I top this warm piece with mascarpone (scented with lemon zest) and top that with the sauteed apple slices. Then, top it with the saved King Cake top.

I serve it with either a dubloon or beads. There is a link https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.p...1179587.124488.100000098195846&type=3&theater

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
It's Carnival so I do my King Cake French Toast during weekend brunch.
Start with a nice sized piece of King Cake. Remove the sugary top and hold aside.
Take the bottom and dredge in your favourite french toast blend. Grill, placing the center part on the grill first.
Meanwhile, saute some apple slices with butter, sugar and cinnamon.
Flip the King Cake when ready.

For assembly, I make a sauce of Toasted Caramel Whiskey, heavy cream and 10X, boiling till it reduces. I place this sauce in the bottom of a shallow bowl, but a platter will do.

Place the bottom of the King Cake in the sauce, with the middle facing up. I top this warm piece with mascarpone (scented with lemon zest) and top that with the sauteed apple slices. Then, top it with the saved King Cake top.

I serve it with either a dubloon or beads. There is a link https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.p...1179587.124488.100000098195846&type=3&theater
That sounds good and fattening!:thumb:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I made french toast from homemade Italian bread topped with fried apples and sausage. Pic is kinda blurry but it sure tasted good!

Attachments

• breakfast01132013.jpg
    breakfast01132013.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 174

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made french toast from homemade Italian bread topped with fried apples and sausage. Pic is kinda blurry but it sure tasted good!
YUM!! Have you posted the recipe for the fried apples? Are they a copy cat of the Cracker barrel apples?