What's Cooking NCT Sun. 1/6/2013 to Sat. 1/12/2013

Embryodad

Dang Jimmy.....I guess he doesn't see the endless cycle he's on. He eats a lot because he's so tired and he is trying to gain energy but the food he is choosing to eat is what is making him tired.

Well luvs, as long as he eats the same thing, you should be good to go :lol:

Oh Peepers, that looks really good!

Here's our dinner:
Mama... That is making my stomach growl.

What a nice job on making the bread. The sammiches are built just the way I like them. Always...Tomato on top !

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

What a nice job on making the bread. The sammiches are built just the way I like them. Always...Tomato on top !
I put the tomato on the bottom :yum: I guess it all depends on how you look at it!! TeeHee It has just the right amount of mayo also.

Embryodad

Thanks everyone.

I changed up the sauce but still had pasta and salad.

Rotelli pasta with a veggie sauce (EVOO, garlic, onion, carrot, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, vine tomato, ground red pepper flakes and my AP seasoning blend) topped with grated parmesan and romano cheeses. Green salad on the side not pictured

011113_rotelli_veggie_sauce_P1090703.jpg

Peep... I could smell it, and taste it right from the picture!.... "Hear them callin?"...They Call for Cheese! LOL

Embryodad

Mommy "T" is on her way back from PA. She's bringing me two Chili Cheese Burgers from the Glider Diner...and Krispy Kreme Doughnuts fresh and hot!..

I am cleaning after taking the trees down, and all the crap is put away in containers.
Darn...all that work has given me such a monstrous appetite!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Yep, I make it just like I spell it....B...L...T :lol:

I put the tomato on the bottom :yum: I guess it all depends on how you look at it!! TeeHee It has just the right amount of mayo also.

Peepers, wouldn't that make it a TLB? :yum: Gotta have lots of mayo!

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy.
You're welcome peep...

Know what?? ... We (Tina and I ) found that we can eat more macaroni that has a light sauce, than with a ragu sauce that sticks to the macaroni's.
I don't know what it is....But It has always been like that here anyway.

Those Rotelli macaronies are one of my favorites. We used to call them "Springs" when I was a kid. And the Rigatoni....hahahaha...we called "Sewer Pipes".

Oh! B T W ..... My daughter found the Racchette Macaroni in Shoprite. They were right Next to the Wagon Wheels. LOL.

Embryodad

Yep, I make it just like I spell it....B...L...T :lol:

Peepers, wouldn't that make it a TLB? :yum: Gotta have lots of mayo!

Love the mayo when it squishes out the sides, and its a game to lick it before it drops.

Thats what I call "Eating a sandwich methodically!":picnic:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I will be making smoked ham and split pea soup for dinner tonight.

Embryodad

Jimmy jr. and DIL are coming for dinner tonight.

Pork Roast... with cinnamon crab apple rings...
Mashed potatoes and gravy... Carrots and celery roasted with the pork.
Corn (shoepeg) canned for jr.

Everything is prepped and Tina will brown the roast and bake it so it's ready for 6:30 - 7:00..

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Yum Peepers, I love split pea soup!

Oh Jimmy, I hope you post some pics!

Ray, Roast chicken is one of my favorite meals! We haven't had that in a while. I need to get a whole chicken out of the freezer to thaw. Thanks for the meal idea!

Embryodad

Yum Peepers, I love split pea soup!

Oh Jimmy, I hope you post some pics!

Ray, Roast chicken is one of my favorite meals! We haven't had that in a while. I need to get a whole chicken out of the freezer to thaw. Thanks for the meal idea!

I will ... Thanks for the remind to charge the battery in the camera... :D

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
We had the roast chicken cold - I went to the supermarket last night and they had a couple of rotisserie chickens cheap to get shot of at the end of the day.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Going to attempt to cook tonight! Right now, we're drinking Tito's handcrafted vodka with satsuma slices...

Eventually, I plan to make some PEI mussels with a light tomato sugo.

It's Carnival and I'm trying to get a few meals in here at home before the real madness begins.

I've been taking pictures of the food, but I usually just post them on the Red Gravy facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.521670151179587.124488.100000098195846&type=3

Embryodad

Had the pork roast...no pics; simple reason....with all the crazy gettin it on the table, and the crazy potato mashing....the roast was devoured to the bone, and THEN...came the thought! shucks...I forgot to take the pics. grrrrrrrr!!!
N....U....T....S...