What do you SNACK on?

K

Kimchee

When that urge hits, and you just gotta have.... something...
what do you generally end up snacking on?

And what do you WISH you were snacking on?

My current Go-To snacks, since I am trying to lose a little of that
Holiday Fat, are fresh carrots, kimchee when I have it (surprise!),
and for the chip craving, flavored popcorn cakes.
I actually like carrots a lot; they have good crunch, a little sweetness
and are fun to eat.

My preferred snacks would be cheeses, summer sausages, Big Hot Mama
hot sausages with a beer and Nacho Cheese Doritoes. Oh, and apple
fritters. And dip, I really like chip dips too.

Lefty

Yank
Olives
pepperocinnis
genoa salami
pickles
tins of sardines in hot sauce or mustard sauce on wheat crackers
pepperoni slices
pickled hot peppers
danish ham (shaved)
cheese and crackers
hot wings

joec

Gold Site Supporter
About the same as Lefty minus the chicken wings. I really rarely snack though as my current life style doesn't lend itself well to calorie burning even with exercise.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I like those wasabi green peas, and soy nuts. Haven't had any in a while, so it might be time!

I definitely go for savory over sweet.

My biggest go-to snack is cheese - sometimes with crackers, sometimes just on its own. I always have several different cheeses on hand to choose from.

Other choices - rolled-up slices of deli meat, olives (always have several different varieties of those on hand as well), jarred herring in sour cream sauce, mug of hot seasoned chicken broth (enjoy that more than tea on a cold day), & nuts (which we also keep a variety of on hand).

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I really should improve my snacking choices. I'm embarrassed to admit this but I usually snack on stuff like M&Ms, Cheerios out of the bag, Frosted Mini-Wheats out of the bag, Hershey's Kisses, etc.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
baked potatosunflower seeds
pumpkin seeds

Olives
pepperocinnis
pickeld veggies
genoa salami
pepperoni slices
pickled hot peppers
cheese and crackers

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Copy cat. :yum:
great minds think alike. did you see my dinner the other night? i'm italian i only eat hormel dilusso genoa salami!! LOL

eggs-pickledveggies-1-19-10.jpg

joec

Gold Site Supporter
My wife and I love those hot pickled things too. I also keep homemade Kim Chee on hand all the time in the very large pickle jar. When one starts to get low I make another and by the time the old one is done the new one is ready to eat.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
About the same as Lefty minus the chicken wings. I really rarely snack though as my current life style doesn't lend itself well to calorie burning even with exercise.

Yep. Sounds like you and I are at the same spot Joe. Last year I would snack on all the stuff Lefty mentioned plus Little Debbie Nutty Bars, Reese Cups, mini snickers ...real junk food. :hide:

homecook

I really should improve my snacking choices. I'm embarrassed to admit this but I usually snack on stuff like M&Ms, Cheerios out of the bag, Frosted Mini-Wheats out of the bag, Hershey's Kisses, etc.

Okay, now I know we're sisters with different mothers!! LOL

Cheese curls, fritos, hershey kisses, reese cups, double buttered popcorn, chips and dip, veggies and dip, nuts.........

I don't keep sweets around very often. During the summer, individual vanilla & chocloate ice cream cups. Mostly cheese. I keep several different kinds on hand. (I like the laughing cow individual servings, too.) Yogurt - key lime pie, strawberry, etc., etc. When I'm really bad - chocolate donuts.

Ironman

🍺
Jalapeño chips and chocolate caramel peanut clusters. :mrgreen:

Sometimes I get a craving for some good aged cheese, crackers and garlic sausage.

Last edited:

Johnny West

peanut butter (fresh ground from WinCo) and Canadian stoned wheat crackers
various power bars
string cheese
blue cheese and crackers

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Since finding a wonderful brand of Turkish pistachios on Amazon, I have about a third of a cup of them every night after work.

Lee

Attachments

• Sunbest pistachios.jpg
    Sunbest pistachios.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 144

Embryodad

Usually Savory....i.e. A fried pepperoni and egg on white lightly toasted bread.

Grilled cheese.
Grilled cheese and tomato.

My Favorite, of a fried egg ( Broken Yolk ) fried hard, black pepper; and topped with sliced mozzarella cheese. Covered after adding the cheese til it just melts. Between two slices of white lightly toasted bread. OMG!! I want one tonight!

Cookies

Peanut butter and jam... + (plus ) the one BIG finger Lump of PB just before closing the jar!

Nuts... Any Kind.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I adore ham salad! Do you put pickles in yours, Lucky?

Lee