Great Plates!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
There seems to be a lot of interest in each others' plates and serving dishes. And when we catch a peek, they are usually covered by food.

So here's a place where everyone can post their own special pieces. Bargains are good, so if you got it cheap, let us know. On the other hand, if it's a one of a kind porcelain whatchamacallit, share that, too.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea SS. I hope folks will take this opportunity to show us what they got. :D :thumb:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I think this is a fantastic idea, SS!

I don't have many cool plates, but I do love to see what other people have!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I really like these little dishes. They're appetizer size, big enough for about 3 large scallops or some marinated crab fingers. Sometimes I just use them for sauce if we're having a seafood spread. :brows: And they were cheap, cheap, cheap. I snatched them up at an estate sale.

IMG_2233.jpg

High Cheese

Saucier
Most of our serving pieces are The Cellar from Macy's. It's all on sale now at some good prices.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=284254&CategoryID=43713

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=156295&CategoryID=43713

Our everyday dinner plates are just the plain white plates found at Bed Bath & Beyond or any other store like that. For Christmas dinner last year we bought some cheap service for 12 plain white. We keep those stored so they don't get any chips. The service for 12 are a little smaller diameter than our regular plates which helps with space on the table.

IMG_6376.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I was sooooooooooooo pissed at my doctors today I went shopping!! Damn them!! LOL Look what I scored - ice cream dishes. Plus a green glass tall coke glass (no pic of it).

ice_cream_dishes_061710_P1050936.JPG

Last edited:

Meme4251

:yum::yum::huh: Cooksie, damn, your po'd.....LOL!:wink:

HC, very nice dinnerware you have there along w/a very impressive dinner setting...Really like you and DW's taste.........Meme/sh:agree:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
:yum::yum::huh: Cooksie, damn, your po'd.....LOL!:wink:

HC, very nice dinnerware you have there along w/a very impressive dinner setting...Really like you and DW's taste.........Meme/sh:agree:

:poster_oops: Those are not my dishes, but I sure do like them, especially the waffle cone dishes. Good score, lbp.

Meme4251

I did notice that and meant to say Peeps but replied by accident to you Cooksie..Sorry. :sorry: Was fixing to edit when I saw it but my phone rang from the nursing home in Victoria where mom was just put in and I didn't get back to posting.....But, anyways, did love looking at the cute dishes on this site. Take care, sh:wink:

Shermie

Site Supporter
I was sooooooooooooo pissed at my doctors today I went shopping!! Damn them!! LOL Look what I scored - ice cream dishes. Plus a green glass tall coke glass (no pic of it).

ice_cream_dishes_061710_P1050936.JPG

Very unusual looking, but something quite different!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Great tablescape & spread, High Cheese!! I like that setup!

On weekends, I go to a a restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner on Corelle oval dinner plates like the one pictured below.

When I first saw them, I fell in love with them and wanted them because of their unusual shape, thinness and white color.

So I looked on Amazon.com. At first I saw some for $25 apiece. That was way too expensive!!! Then, after looking further, I saw the same plate for $9.89 apiece, still new, so I'm getting some of THOSE instead!! :chef:

Attachments

• Corelle Dinner Plate..jpg
    Corelle Dinner Plate..jpg
    7 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:

Shermie

Site Supporter
And speaking of unusual ice cream dishes, check THIS cute but unusual set out!

Got it from ChefsCatalog.com. several years ago. Sadly, they were discontinued though! Loved them so much that I bought TWO sets of them!! :chef:

Attachments

• Ice Cream Cups.jpg
    Ice Cream Cups.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice ice cream dishes, Peep and Sherm! Happy-looking!

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Neat stuff you all :)
Shermie, I have a Corelle platter that I love too!
Peeps, I found a little ice cream dish at the dollar store today, and a few pieces to add to the rooster habit lol

2010-06-21 16-25-54.456.jpg

2010-06-21 16-14-50.263.jpg

2010-06-21 16-08-16.631.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Neat stuff you all :)
Shermie, I have a Corelle platter that I love too!
Peeps, I found a little ice cream dish at the dollar store today, and a few pieces to add to the rooster habit lol

View attachment 7366
Cool dishes!! This one has the same colored dots on the outside that mine have cool!!

Love the ice cream cones and saucers Sherm!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Another favourite I have is this milk glass divided serving dish which I found at a church rummage sale.
It says Glasbake on the bottom.

2010-06-23 13-00-06.043.jpg

Shermie

Site Supporter
My plates came today! They are in sandstone, sort of a light tan color.

Ordered 2 more for a friend and one more for myself!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
My plates came today! They are in sandstone, sort of a light tan color.

Ordered 2 more for a friend and one more for myself!

So what do they look like, Shermie?

I think I posted this one before in one of the threads.
It's one of my favourites.
It's a casserole/bean crock? that I inherited from my Mother.
She always used it for serving ham and bean soup, or baked beans, other things too occasionally.
I've taken it to a few potlucks, but don't use it that often.
The bottom is stamped with Franciscan-made in California.
Don't know much else about it.
Over the years, it's suffered some chips.. but that just means it was used a lot and the memories this thing brings back is what makes it so very special to me.

2010-06-28 21-33-09.058.jpg

Meme4251

Nice set you bought Cooksie....Really like the color and also sorta reminds me of some of my oriental decor I have in my home......:thumb: