Whats cooking Saturday July 18, 2009?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Good morning you horny toads. I see that insomnia and boredom has trashed the dinner thread before most of us have even thought about breakfast. Well done, kids.:yum::yum:

chowhound

LOL! I loved that cartoon and you got me - that's what I always think of when I hear the name Natasha!

When I hear Natasha I think back to my days spent in the Ukraine, and a pretty fair skinned farm girl with light brown hair and blue eyes...
Her name was Irina, but that's what I always think when I hear the name Natasha :huh:
Is this the dinner thread or what? :bonk:

I was thinking frog legs for dinner. If I'm in the mood to drive to the other side of Erie that is. I just heard that a seafood store opened up again and I called yesterday and they've gottem. If it turns sunny I'll have no problem taking a bike ride there, but it looks like rain all day, at least now anyway.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Good morning you horny toads. I see that insomnia and boredom has trashed the dinner thread before most of us have even thought about breakfast. Well done, kids.:yum::yum:

Aha ! so THIS is the dinner thread......... I was thinkin' Jay Leno was back .......

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
LOL yup!! "THEY" trashed my thread!! :lol::whistling:

i don't think any toads were involved THAT would be kinky!

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
did somerone call for a toad?
will i hallucinate if i lick your head?

ummmmmmmmmm well there is a toad that ................... neva mind. and take your head out of the gutter!!

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
When I hear Natasha I think back to my days spent in the Ukraine, and a pretty fair skinned farm girl with light brown hair and blue eyes...
Her name was Irina, but that's what I always think when I hear the name Natasha :huh:
Is this the dinner thread or what? :bonk:

I was thinking frog legs for dinner. If I'm in the mood to drive to the other side of Erie that is. I just heard that a seafood store opened up again and I called yesterday and they've gottem. If it turns sunny I'll have no problem taking a bike ride there, but it looks like rain all day, at least now anyway.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that saying about the water tightness of a frogs .............. just hopped through my head.

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
shell steaks either grilled, broiled or on the stovetop CI grill pan. frozen spinach (maybe i'll cream it using bacon fat for the roux) and taters (not sure if they will be mashed, baked, pan fried in bacon fat with onions or other). if all goes well that is.

buckytom

Grill Master
with the feather cleanup?

just how many birds had to die for your purile fantasies last night, sheesh!?!

ok, getting back: no dinner until midnight. same ol' saturday double shift routine for me. :mellow:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

ok, getting back: no dinner until midnight. same ol' saturday double shift routine for me. :mellow:
not me "THEM" LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

do you work in fort lee?

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I'm making up a big pot of sauce, meat balls and sausage. We will serve it over spaghetti with a salad and garlic bread.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
another 20% drives rincolns.
heeheehee.gif

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
ok where are the menu plans for today? hmmmmmmmmmmm?

*burp* excuse me i had 2 beef and bean burritos with taco sauce for breakfast. yummy!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We'll be having the weekly Iron Chef entry...... Chili Con Corny, w/ garlic bread & Onion Rings, and if I get off my lazy butt, salad fixin's

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
have you tried to go to sonic on rt. 17? it's freaking crazy!! did you hear what happened to the cop at sonic? broken leg and ankle!!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I knew it!!! Y'all really don't remember our names. That's why y'all call us Hon and Babe!:ohmy::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Dinner? Jeez, I have no idea. (But it won't be frog's legs. ewwww)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I knew it!!! Y'all really don't remember our names. That's why y'all call us Hon and Babe!:ohmy::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Dinner? Jeez, I have no idea. (But it won't be frog's legs. ewwww)
yeah right!! to skinny to bother with!! unless they are atomic frogs legs!! :lol:

Mr. Green Jeans

Low Country Shrimp Boil: 30 qt pot with broth that has 1/2 cup of Old Bay, 1 sliced lemon 5 bay leaves and 1 garlic bulb. Were feeding 8 so about 2 gallons are needed. Get that boiling then add 2 # of baby redskin potatoes, 2# of sausage cut into chunks. Let that go 15 minutes then add 8 ears of corn snapped in half plus a dozen or so tiny onions chippolini are awesome. Let that go 10 minutes, then adding 1 1/2# of whole green beans. Last 2# of raw 21 count shrimp. Only about 3 -4 minutes for those water dwelling insects. Cover a table with freezer or butcher paper. Drain and dump on the table. Serve with drawn butter and cocktail sauce. No table service allowed!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Low Country Shrimp Boil: 30 qt pot with broth that has 1/2 cup of Old Bay, 1 sliced lemon 5 bay leaves and 1 garlic bulb. Were feeding 8 so about 2 gallons are needed. Get that boiling then add 2 # of baby redskin potatoes, 2# of sausage cut into chunks. Let that go 15 minutes then add 8 ears of corn snapped in half plus a dozen or so tiny onions chippolini are awesome. Let that go 10 minutes, then adding 1 1/2# of whole green beans. Last 2# of raw 21 count shrimp. Only about 3 -4 minutes for those water dwelling insects. Cover a table with freezer or butcher paper. Drain and dump on the table. Serve with drawn butter and cocktail sauce. No table service allowed!

That sounds so good. We would have to have a side of :beer:.