The Roving Apron Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Re: The Traveling Apron

So...are we just going to go straight down the list or are we going to send it to whoever we want to that's on the list? ...that is if they are ready for it....I mean, does it really matter what order we go in as long as the person we want to send it to is in agreement? Not trying to complicate things...just curious.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Well, if we don’t follow the list, someone may feel slighted that they were next, but the previous member decided to give it to someone else. In theory, a person on the list could be skipped several times because of that.

SilverSage

Resident Crone

Mama, I think we are very simply going down the list. How you get it to the next person (USPS, UPS, private driver) is up to you and him/her.

Anything else just complicates matters.

K.I.S.S.;)

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

Oh well, just tryin' to see if I could cut in line and send you some cornbread with the apron Keltin.......maybe next time....

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

No, his DW has just been asking for cornbread so I thought it might be a good time to send some along.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

oh hell i can be bribed... i am not too ashamed to admit to that... bribery anyone?..lol

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

No, his DW has just been asking for cornbread so I thought it might be a good time to send some along.

No need to wait for the apron Mama! My mailbox is working fine right now!!! :lol:

buckytom

Grill Master

So...are we just going to go straight down the list or are we going to send it to whoever we want to that's on the list? ...that is if they are ready for it....I mean, does it really matter what order we go in as long as the person we want to send it to is in agreement? Not trying to complicate things...just curious.

wow, that didn't take long.

mama, if you want to send the damn thing to someone else, then so be it.

can i be moved somewhere else on the list?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

It was just a joke BT. Lisa, my wife, loves the pics of Mama’s cornbread and has been trying to emulate them. We’ve got a running joke that if only Mama would send us some, we would know what real cornbread is all about…..and then maybe Lisa would never use the Jiffy Mix again.

Just a postal joke about southern cooking is all.

But see Chow, that’s why the list is important.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

I'm sorry BT! That didn't come out right at all. It didn't have anything to do with you. Forgive me?

buckytom

Grill Master

i was "joking" too, but i think i made your point better, and much more succinctly.

and no problem mama. just making logistics real.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Coffee_2.jpg

Oh, and yeah, you definitely made my point better than I did!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

i was "joking" too, but i think i made your point better, and much more succinctly.

and no problem mama. just making logistics real.

You made it real alright! Now send me your dadgum addy cause you're getting the apron from me whether you like it or not! :lol:...and don't mash the cornbread in the pocket....

buckytom

Grill Master

lol, where's that nekkid chowdog when we need to torture someone.

but i hope the point was made. people's (oft retarded) egos are so easy to bruise, so a modicum of rules are necessary.

and can i send chow the apron?

man, i really missed you people. this is too much fun.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter

You guys should really just stick to food. Outside of that realm, you guys could screw up nocturnal emission (that's wet dream, so don't bother to Google it). :yum: I have not seen this much pissing into the wind in a very long time. Y'all need to wash your tennies...they're kinda yeller lookin.:yum:

buckytom

Grill Master

awww, c'mon joe.

just 'cause the only thing that rises in your house anymore is dough, don't get so preachy.

we need something to kill the time, instead of each other. at least that's my excuse.

lol, j/k. couldn't help myself.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito

awww, c'mon joe.

just 'cause the only thing that rises in your house anymore is dough, don't get so preachy.

we need something to kill the time, instead of each other. at least that's my excuse.

lol, j/k. couldn't help myself.

Hey! Glad youre back Bucky!!!!!!!!!!! :wave::a1::a1::a1::applause:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

You guys should really just stick to food. Outside of that realm, you guys could screw up nocturnal emission (that's wet dream, so don't bother to Google it). :yum: I have not seen this much pissing into the wind in a very long time. Y'all need to wash your tennies...they're kinda yeller lookin.:yum:

6ooleb.jpg

:yum::yum::yum::yum:

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter

Coffee_2.jpg

Oh, and yeah, you definitely made my point better than I did!
Thanks Keltin, I needed a cup of coffee afer reading all the Logistics of the "Traveling Apron" (Thats my vote)
Also- Please send it to me too- I will have the Golden Gate Bridge in the background when I take a picture.
Bring it on!
:harley:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

Originally Posted by VeraBlue
1. Doc
2. High Cheese
3. VeraBlue
4. Luvs
5. Miniman
6. Chowhound
7. HomeCook
8. Adillo303
9. Love2Q
10 Keltin
11. Maverick
12 RobsanX
13. SilverSage
14 TexasGirl
15 BamsBBQ
16. Mama
17BuckyTom
18JoeV
19. Fisher's Mom
20. Dandiamond

Last edited:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

We are going in the order that people requested to receive the apron.

chowhound

That's exactly what I've been trying to communicate, Mama. What does it matter what order we go in. Just ship it to someone who's ready for it.
:agree:

chowhound

We are going in the order that people requested to receive the apron.

Just so ya know, I just requested to be on the team. It doesn't make any difference to me what order I go in. If one of our other England members signs on, miniman can certainly skip me and send it to them.

High Cheese

Saucier

That's exactly what I've been trying to communicate, Mama. What does it matter what order we go in. Just ship it to someone who's ready for it.
:agree:

I suggested that we send it around the US first, then Doc, myself and if someone else wants to chip in to send it out overseas for it's tour there.

It's easier to keep track going down the list in order. Don't forget, you STILL need to contact the next person and get there address before you ship it off. If they aren't ready for it at that point then you can skip them to the next person.

It's really not a difficult operation. lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Thanks for volunteering to be on the Apron team, Chow!

Maybe there should be an instruction manual of sorts that travels with the apron. How about if everyone agrees, after signing and taking a pic, to check with a member of the apron team to find out who is in line next. That way, the team will know where the apron is at any given time and also they will have the most current list (that includes recent changes, etc.) That should be on the instruction page that arrives with the apron.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

1. Doc
2. High Cheese
3. VeraBlue
4. Luvs
5. Miniman
6. Chowhound
7. HomeCook
8. Adillo303
9. Love2Q
10 Keltin
11. Maverick
12 RobsanX
13. SilverSage
14 TexasGirl
15 BamsBBQ
16. Mama
17BuckyTom
18JoeV
19. Fisher's Mom
20. Dandiamond
21. LuckyTrim

chowhound

Thanks for volunteering to be on the Apron team, Chow!

Maybe there should be an instruction manual of sorts that travels with the apron. How about if everyone agrees, after signing and taking a pic, to check with a member of the apron team to find out who is in line next. That way, the team will know where the apron is at any given time and also they will have the most current list (that includes recent changes, etc.) That should be on the instruction page that arrives with the apron.

Hey! I'm a team player I am.... I just don't like things to be so formal.
As long as we agree that the numbered list should go in order, but there's allowed to be changes in that order at any time and people can be skipped and asked to be moved around... (huh? :huh:) I'm cool :smile:

:yum:

Has the apron even moved anywhere yet? I know Keltin is dying to stick an arrow on his globe :yum:

Status
Not open for further replies.