The Roving Apron Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckytom

Grill Master
Re: The Traveling Apron

i'm in.

and i agree with cheekinz, about a new name. i was one of the few who got in on the travelling apron in nazi valley, so it bugs me to hear that used again.

after reading through all of the posts, i think making this a "sticky" thread just after chowdog's post about wearing it au naturel was unappealing. so i say he goes last. or would that be comes last...

and i think it's ok to post a picture of the apron with something that represents you, if you don't like to post pics of yourself online. i remember ronjohn posting a pic of that other apron over one of his kegs.

chowhound

i'm in.

and i agree with cheekinz, about a new name. i was one of the few who got in on the travelling apron in nazi valley, so it bugs me to hear that used again.

after reading through all of the posts, i think making this a "sticky" thread just after chowdog's post about wearing it au naturel was unappealing. so i say he goes last. or would that be comes last...

and i think it's ok to post a picture of the apron with something that represents you, if you don't like to post pics of yourself online. i remember ronjohn posting a pic of that other apron over one of his kegs.

Sorry to disappoint, BT, but there is nothing about me naturel....:biggrin:

homecook

Well, when I get it I'll call him over and I'll take a pic of the two of us with it. Then when he gets it we'll take another pic! Is that ok? :whistling:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Uhh, sorry Barb. That would be considered a "logistical plan" and we're not supposed to do that.

:yum::yum::yum:

:wink:

Main Entry: lo·gis·tics
Function: noun plural but singular or plural in construction
Etymology: French logistique art of calculating, logistics, from Greek logistikē art of calculating, from feminine of logistikos of calculation, from logizein to calculate, from logos reason
Date: circa 1861

1 : the aspect of military science dealing with the procurement, maintenance, and transportation of military matériel, facilities, and personnel
2 : the handling of the details of an operation

So, if we are plotting the transportation of the apron with reference to a member’s geographical location, then we are indeed delving into the science of logistics. :wink:

Since Barb can walk down to JoeV, then sure, do it that way. But does anyone here want to maintain a Global map and stick pin all of our locations, and then plan the route? Also, when will the list be done? We could plot everyone that has signed up now, but what happens tomorrow or next week when someone else signs up? We’d have to put everything on hold, review the map, rearrange the list to accommodate the new user with reference to their geographical location so that we know where on the list to place them.

Nothing against the military, but seriously, this is an apron! And the postage is going to be the same whether you mailed it across the street, across the state, or across the country.

If it is a large envelope and weighs 8 ounces, it costs me $2.07 to mail it (First Class, Large Envelope) 14 miles from my house to the City of Huntsville. Delivery time is 1-2 days. If I mail it from here to Beverly Hills, California, it costs $2.07 (same amount) and delivery time is 2-3 days.

Just let it roll!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

htz4aa.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master

hey, maybe it'll be the excuse i need to finally meet vb??? (dw's been asking who the heck is this blue woman)

maybe we can get adillo or even possibly the high cheekinz in on this.

it'll be a joisey thing. of course, the apron might get a little blood, some concrete, petroleum products, and lime on it...

homecook

Well, when I get it I'll call him over and I'll take a pic of the two of us with it. Then when he gets it we'll take another pic! Is that ok? :whistling:

You missed the post Keltin....:whistling: And I'll give it to my son-in-law to mail out for me cuz he works for the PO.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

You missed the post Keltin....:whistling: And I'll give it to my son-in-law to mail out for me cuz he works for the PO.

I saw that post......and somehow only managed to read the first half. Guess I was too hung up on the logistics of it all. :pat: :lol::lol::lol:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

I'm in, too, but can I have my picture made boiling water or pushing a button on the microwave?

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter

I'm in, too, but can I have my picture made boiling water or pushing a button on the microwave?

Are you going to be wearing the same thing under that apron, that you were when hubby brought his co-worker home?? Cuz, if you do, noone is gonna care if you're burning water:yum:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

hey, maybe it'll be the excuse i need to finally meet vb??? (dw's been asking who the heck is this blue woman)

maybe we can get adillo or even possibly the high cheekinz in on this.

it'll be a joisey thing. of course, the apron might get a little blood, some concrete, petroleum products, and lime on it...

When I get it...I say we have a gathering. I'm all for it. You realize of course I'll never be able to let you boys go after that...but, yes, let's get together.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter

Are you going to be wearing the same thing under that apron, that you were when hubby brought his co-worker home?? Cuz, if you do, noone is gonna care if you're burning water:yum:
LOL! I'm only wearing the apron cuz there's no nudity allowed here. Normally, I'm a natural cook.:brows:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter

1. Doc
2. High Cheese
3. VeraBlue
4. Luvs
5. Miniman
6. Chowhound
7. HomeCook
8. Adillo303
9. Love2Q
10. Deadly Sushi
11. Keltin
12. Maverick
13. RobsanX
14. SilverSage
15. TexasGirl
16. BamsBBQ
17. Mama
18. BuckyTom
19. JoeV
20. Fisher'sMom

Anyone else??? .

Here's where we stand so far.

And Weezer, Bucky, Adillo....yes, let's have a get together. How do you feel about August 13th? Can anyone do at Thursday early evening?

buckytom

Grill Master

i'll have to check with my work schedule, and then dw. but it's a possibility.

weekends are better for me, especially sundays. but i wouldn't want to intrude on yours and lou's weekend rituals, though.

and if i'm after mama, there had better well be a piece of lukewarm cornbread in the pocket.

chowhound

Finally, Keltin! You're coming along, albeit slowly (lol).
There is absolutely no reason to follow a numerical order, rather pick someone whose name is still on the list and go with it. And if they happen to live in the same block, who cares if your number is 9 and theirs is 23. Send 'em a PM and if they're game, get the apron to them and let everyone know who it's going to. Then you don't need to worry about bumping someone down a couple numbers because they are not ready. That's pretty much shuffling up your numerical scheme of things anyway when you do that. No plan is the best plan!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Finally, Keltin! You're coming along, albeit slowly (lol).
There is absolutely no reason to follow a numerical order, rather pick someone whose name is still on the list and go with it. And if they happen to live in the same block, who cares if your number is 9 and theirs is 23. Send 'em a PM and if they're game, get the apron to them and let everyone know who it's going to. Then you don't need to worry about bumping someone down a couple numbers because they are not ready. That's pretty much shuffling up your numerical scheme of things anyway when you do that. No plan is the best plan!

If someone lived close to me, even within 30 miles, I’m all for driving the apron to them. Makes sense! There was a poster once that lived nearby, but he doesn’t come around any more. So it’s the USPS for me. :lol:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

OK, but you can't stand behind me since the apron only covers the front, I think.

i am so glad i'd not sipped my drink before i read this..... i laughed so suddenly my screen would've gotten sprayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.