What are you cooking for Sunday 21 June?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
After a big lunch, tonight turned out to be a snack night of sorts. Mini-Chick sammies with fries.

Step_1-40.jpg

Step_2-40.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i had a bacon swiss cheeseburger with homemade fries for supper from a neighborhood eatery... wasnt great but it was food...lol

chowhound

Wow Joe... thanks for getting this thread back on topic :whistling: I was going to post my tacos last night, but didn't want to interrupt :huh:

Beautiful spread. I love fried walleye.

And beautiful color on that stew, Peeps. I like the way you left your potatoes whole... makes it look more rustic.

Nice BBQ'd feast, Dan. Great pics!

Keltin, do you have those sandiwches posted here somewhere? That breading looks perfect. Like KFC only better :wink:

My tacos came out pretty good, in spite of me being out of taco sauce :bonk: I can't believe it....
Allen's Mexican seasoning was very good, no after taste/heartburn inducing flavor like the packaged stuff. I used 3T and about 1/4c of water. Luckily I had a can of Rot-el tomatoes on hand for the topping. I might use those all the time now and forgo chopping up a fresh tomato. I am going to have to see if El Paso has changed their jumbo shells, these seemed flakier than usual after they were heated and cooked very fast. Good, but a little too crispy. I had to be careful stuffing them.

Attachments

• tacos 6-21-09.jpg
    tacos 6-21-09.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 86

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Ya know, I can't figure where you put all the food you cook. After seeing your picture a couple days ago, either you are 6'-9" tall, or you have a tapeworm. I'm looking at 5 tacos in the rack and asking where you're going to put them. I would eat 2-3 at the most. You appear to be a bit on the tall side, and very average build, but you got one hell of an appetite. You must work your tail off every day to be able to put away that many calories and still keep your girlish figure.:yum: You must be cooking for someone else that we don't know about.

chowhound

Yeah, I should really cut back. My "girlish figure" is looking more and more like Kathe's recent pics (lol).

Hey, is that CI pan on the left like a double pan? I can't figure it out. It looks like the skillet is on top doubling as a lid.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Yeah, I should really cut back. My "girlish figure" is looking more and more like Kathe's recent pics (lol).

Hey, is that CI pan on the left like a double pan? I can't figure it out. It looks like the skillet is on top doubling as a lid.
Yes it is. It's called the 3qt. Combo Cooker, and is available at Sears for about $35. It's a deep skillet, a fryer, a Dutch oven, and the lid converts to a shallow skillet or griddle. Pretty neat when I saw it, so I asked for it and the kids got it for me.

simg_t_msimg_t_o20036231052003623105jpg260

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Wow Joe... thanks for getting this thread back on topic :whistling: I was going to post my tacos last night, but didn't want to interrupt :huh:

Beautiful spread. I love fried walleye.

And beautiful color on that stew, Peeps. I like the way you left your potatoes whole... makes it look more rustic.

Nice BBQ'd feast, Dan. Great pics!

Keltin, do you have those sandiwches posted here somewhere? That breading looks perfect. Like KFC only better :wink:

My tacos came out pretty good, in spite of me being out of taco sauce :bonk: I can't believe it....
Allen's Mexican seasoning was very good, no after taste/heartburn inducing flavor like the packaged stuff. I used 3T and about 1/4c of water. Luckily I had a can of Rot-el tomatoes on hand for the topping. I might use those all the time now and forgo chopping up a fresh tomato. I am going to have to see if El Paso has changed their jumbo shells, these seemed flakier than usual after they were heated and cooked very fast. Good, but a little too crispy. I had to be careful stuffing them.
thank you!! now i want tacos!! i have the salsa!! where is that mexican seasoning recipe?

salsa_052909_P1030247.JPG

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Are those new dishes too Keltin???

Yep, that's one of the new Bamboo serving platters DW picked up. It's really cool. The other plate is one we've had for a while though.

I made them before and posted them.
http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30962#post30962

BTW - Awesome looking Tacos Chow. What are you using to make them stand up like that. I can see a rack of some kind, but what is it and where can you get one?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Yep, that's one of the new Bamboo serving platters DW picked up. It's really cool. The other plate is one we've had for a while though.

I made them before and posted them.
http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=30962#post30962

BTW - Awesome looking Tacos Chow. What are you using to make them stand up like that. I can see a rack of some kind, but what is it and where can you get one?
hiya kel!! you should go back to your recipe and post that pic. it looks greatttttttttttttttttttttt!! and thank you for the link. i sent the recipe to my recipes in OneNote!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
hiya kel!! you should go back to your recipe and post that pic. it looks greatttttttttttttttttttttt!! and thank you for the link. i sent the recipe to my recipes in OneNote!!

Good idea! :biggrin:

I hope you like them! If you make then, let us know!

chowhound

Thanks, Peep and Keltin.

Here's the recipe I used, Peep. Excuse the red, this is from a search.
BTW, he didn't say what kind of oregano to use, so I used half Mexican and half Turkish.

Allen’s Mexican Seasoning Mix
This is based on a recipe one of my old chef's had. I've modified it slightly, adding one herb, and changing some of the ratios to better suit my taste. I also use this mix where I currently work to season quesadillas and nachoes.

In a pinch, you can use this as a basic seasoning for ANY Mexican- or Tex-Mex-flavored dish. However, you will run into a problem of everything beginning to taste the same.

Yields: ~ 1 ¾ c

¼ c chili powder
¼ c cumin
¼ c ground coriander
¼ c granulated garlic
¼ c onion powder
1/8 c oregano
1/8 c ground black pepper
1/8 c red pepper flakes
1 T salt

Blend together and store in an airtight container.

Keltin, that's a taco rack that I've had forever. I'm pretty sure my mother gave it to me, but I don't know where she found it. I'll bet I've had it since the late eighties.

I'm going to hunt down that chicken recipe of yours. I ran into some chicken breasts in the freezer the other day that are just begging to be turned into sandwiches :chef:

Attachments

• taco rack.jpg
    taco rack.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 96

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, about the search and highlight thing. When you click a link from a search result, look at the actual address in the address bar.

For example:

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3279&highlight=mini+chicken+sandwiches

Notice the “&highlight” bit at the end.

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3279&highlight=mini+chicken+sandwiches

Everything from &highlight to the end are your search terms. If you simply delete everything from the &highlight and after it, you’ll have a regular display. So in this case, delete everything after 3279 so that you have.

http://www.netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3279

Once it’s deleted, just hit Enter again to redisplay the page without the highlight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks, Peep and Keltin.

Here's the recipe I used, Peep. Excuse the red, this is from a search.
BTW, he didn't say what kind of oregano to use, so I used half Mexican and half Turkish.

This is based on a recipe one of my old chef's had. I've modified it slightly, adding one herb, and changing some of the ratios to better suit my taste. I also use this mix where I currently work to season quesadillas and nachoes.

In a pinch, you can use this as a basic seasoning for ANY Mexican- or Tex-Mex-flavored dish. However, you will run into a problem of everything beginning to taste the same.

Yields: ~ 1 ¾ c

¼ c chili powder
¼ c cumin
¼ c ground coriander
¼ c granulated garlic
¼ c onion powder
1/8 c oregano
1/8 c ground black pepper
1/8 c red pepper flakes
1 T salt

Blend together and store in an airtight container.

Keltin, that's a taco rack that I've had forever. I'm pretty sure my mother gave it to me, but I don't know where she found it. I'll bet I've had it since the late eighties.

I'm going to hunt down that chicken recipe of yours. I ran into some chicken breasts in the freezer the other day that are just begging to be turned into sandwiches :chef:
thank you sweetie!!

i have seen those taco stands in stores like chef central some are racks like yours and some are platters with raised sections that you place shells between.

chowhound

I had some ceramic ones too, they held three each, but there was a serious design flaw in them.... they were too damn slippery! The darn tacos would slide right out of them when you least expected it. Or even if you were expecting it (lol).

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I had some ceramic ones too, they held three each, but there was a serious design flaw in them.... they were too damn slippery! The darn tacos would slide right out of them when you least expected it. Or even if you were expecting it (lol).
LOL :yum::yum: