What are you cooking for Sunday 21 June?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I use my Toaster Oven more than my regualr oven. We do bisuits, muffins, etc, in it all the time with no problems.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2189051

25fnfuu.jpg
that may be bigger than mine. the inside of mine isn't that big!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I agree with Keltin. I use mine all the time! You may have to watch them closer. lol
ok i will try it.

I have stew smelling so yummy in my house and all I have been thinking about for the last hour is grilled sweet corn on the cob!! And i don't have any corn!!

scream.gif

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i have corn, door's open, let yourself in bopeep!
LOL hey yesterday we took a ride out rt. 80 west from NJ into PA. we turned around at mile marker 100!! we did 450 mile round trip!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
wowsers! get any great food on you way?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

we stopped in PA on the way back at a place called snowshoe resturant. YIKES!! what terrible food!! a snowshoe would have tasted better!! i wish i could have found a cici's!! more to come on that later i need to tend to dinner sweetie.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
my stew is almost ready and the biscuits got veto'd!! oh well less work for me and less heat in the house!!

homecook

Well our plans went to hell....at least I don't have to cook. lol We're ordering Chinese. Hubby and son will get General Tso's Chicken and I'll get Hunan Chicken and Beef. Egg rolls for sure.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Lilbopeep- I am going to have Beef Stew on my mind till I make it again!
My favorite Breakfast is Bisquits and Gravy, with two sunnyside Eggs on top. Tobasco. Glass on Tomato Juice and Coffee.
My two kids , Wife and I went to Church together (Very Rare), than out to Breakfast for my favorite. Everything was perfect.
Tonight- I am doing Ribs on the BBQ- I am trying out "Freds Ribit Rib Rub"
Haven't decided what else to make yet!
Has anyone tried This RibRub out yet?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thanks Lilbopeep- I am going to have Beef Stew on my mind till I make it again!
My favorite Breakfast is Bisquits and Gravy, with two sunnyside Eggs on top. Tobasco. Glass on Tomato Juice and Coffee.
My two kids , Wife and I went to Church together (Very Rare), than out to Breakfast for my favorite. Everything was perfect.
Tonight- I am doing Ribs on the BBQ- I am trying out "Freds Ribit Rib Rub"
Haven't decided what else to make yet!
Has anyone tried This RibRub out yet?
you're welcome glad to help!! everyone needs something to look forward to!! :brows:

chowhound

That stew is sounding pretty good. I found some stew meat in my freezer yesterday while searching for my last pkg of pork chops. I sense stew on my horizon.

I just finished mixing up Allen's Mexican seasoning for my tacos. It tastes and smells great. I imagine I'll use less than the packet style taco seasonings? Beats me. My first tacos not using Ortega seasoning might be a bit of a learning curve.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Had the old stand by..

Can you tell someone didn't feel like cooking today?:yum:

Attachments

• bot.jpg
    bot.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 87

chowhound

Sometimes I put a few drops of brown sauce on the beans, or shredded cheddar.
Glad you've tried it too Chow :)

Tried it? It's been damn near a staple at times :lol:
Sometimes I like to jazz up my beans though...

Attachments

• Hot dogs & beans.jpg
    Hot dogs & beans.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 80

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I have, Dan. I didn't like it as much as mine. I like a bit more sweetness in my baby backs. JMO.

Actually going to be my first experience with a rub, Now to try Chowhounds Rub- Do I need to follow a Recipe, or send a self addressed envelope? LOL Also- We have never tried "Sweet Baby Ray's" Seems like a favorite among alot of people here! We have Plain and Honey BBQ Sauce. My wife just threw a chicken On the BBQ and Potato's.:biggrin:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Had a special Father’s Day lunch. I made a Coconut and Shrimp soup with Lemongrass. We also had steaks on the grill and baked potatoes.

After a big lunch like that, we’ll be snacking later tonight. Probably will have fried chicken mini-sandwiches.

I got the idea of the soup from a cooking show on PBS with Hubert Keller. I modified it a bit and really enjoyed it. Here’s the soup.

Step_5-23.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beef stew (it thickened up nicely with only the dredge flour on the beef cubes.

beef_stew_062109_P1030287.JPG

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Love that soup bowl!

Isn't it great! The spoon fits perfectly in that little lip, but I left the spoon out for this pic. DW grabbed these for me yesterday, and this is their inaugral outing. Hopefully we'll see more of them! :lol:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Had a special Father’s Day lunch. I made a Coconut and Shrimp soup with Lemongrass. We also had steaks on the grill and baked potatoes.

After a big lunch like that, we’ll be snacking later tonight. Probably will have fried chicken mini-sandwiches.

I got the idea of the soup from a cooking show on PBS with Hubert Keller. I modified it a bit and really enjoyed it. Here’s the soup.

Step_5-23.jpg
thats not soup it's a work of art!!

ditto on the bowl built in handle elegant!!