Your last sandwich

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Let's say it's your last day on earth.. you can have 1 and only one sandwich.. what's your pleasure?

For me:
Brownberry™ oatnut bread
thick slice of a good tomato
lettuce
red onion
swiss cheese
alfalfa sprouts
.. and a big fat glob of ranch dressing..

I might add a thick slice of bacon, but only because it's my last sandwich!:ohmy: haha!

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Oh wait, I forgot - after Brad and George, I want roast beef au jus on a lovely, fresh baked roll.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll take a shrimp po-boy with cocktail sauce.....and a side of Helen Hunt please!

Keltin, there was a fab sannie I used to buy from the deli when I lived in England, for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

It did contain shrimp, lettuce and a cocktail sauce/w mayo.. it was on a baguette.. bought it at ASDA all the time.

Damn my memory! :(

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin, there was a fab sannie I used to buy from the deli when I lived in England, for the life of me I can't remember what it was called.

It did contain shrimp, lettuce and a cocktail sauce/w mayo.. it was on a baguette.. bought it at ASDA all the time.

Damn my memory! :(

Oh wow! That sounds incredible! I really need to travel more!!! Was the shrimp breaded or plain? I'm salivating now.

Why were you in England, and how did you make it back across the pond.....if you don't mind me asking that is!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Why were you in England, and how did you make it back across the pond.....if you don't mind me asking that is!

My late husband was English, Keltin.
I lived there for quite some time, but he passed away from complications of diabetes.
A year later, I upped sticks and decided to move back home to the USA.
The peeps on FF know all about it.
I miss him to this day, but it's getting better all the time.:thumb:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
My late husband was English, Keltin.
I lived there for quite some time, but he passed away from complications of diabetes.
A year later, I upped sticks and decided to move back home to the USA.
The peeps on FF know all about it.
I miss him to this day, but it's getting better all the time.:thumb:

Wow, so were you born here and moved to England to be with him? I’m sorry to hear about that. Really.

“Upped sticks”….is that a slang term for packing it all in and moving. I love the British dialog. One of my favorites is “Leg it” which means, as you know, to RUN! I simply love the little differences in our English!!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, so were you born here and moved to England to be with him? I’m sorry to hear about that. Really.

“Upped sticks”….is that a slang term for packing it all in and moving. I love the British dialog. One of my favorites is “Leg it” which means, as you know, to RUN! I simply love the little differences in our English!!!

yeah, and yeah...:tongue:

Deelady

I'll take a grilled panini of roast turkey, good feta cheese, sliced tomato and black olives, and as you said Sass...since its our last bring it with a large side of twice fried french fries!!! :p

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
I do some side work with a couple of guys in the UK, we hook up on Net Conference every now and again, and I love their accents. DW will come over and press her ear to the headset so she can hear since she loves the accents as well. I said something to Wil one day about my US accent and he said “no problem, I’m used to you blokes by now”. He’s exceptionally funny and I love the times we get to chat in real time (mostly it’s email). Great guy!

Oh....and is the shrimp po-boy ready yet???? :yum:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I do some side work with a couple of guys in the UK, we hook up on Net Conference every now and again, and I love their accents. DW will come over and press her ear to the headset so she can hear since she loves the accents as well. I said something to Wil one day about my US accent and he said “no problem, I’m used to you blokes by now”. He’s exceptionally funny and I love the times we get to chat in real time (mostly it’s email). Great guy!

Oh....and is the shrimp po-boy ready yet???? :yum:

Nice post Keltin..

Ummmmm lemme see... I could go for some beans on toast right about now.. Heinz beans, and 2 slices of Warburton's Toastie bread.. white.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
So wait?? The sandwich doesn't have to be made with bread???? Woo Hoo.. oh wait DW is still sittin next to me...err...
So yea, Rueben on whole wheat... yum!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
It sounds like a good variation of the cabbage soup we have been making, but instead of tomato based it is cream based?... peeked my interest!

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i have alot of favorite sandwiches..this one is tough

1. salami sandwich such as genoa(the drier the salami the better) on a crusty bread or roll w/pepper jack cheese.

but damn i dont want to decide..lol:pat:

pulled pork sammie
brisket sammie
or a shrimp po boy from new orleans

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I had a chicken, salad & guacamole sandwich the other day that was good. Another favourite is crayfish with rocket.

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Wow I didn't know twice fried French fries existed.

I'm with Deelady. If she didn't say, i`ll have that ranch dressing too.

Andy C

chowhound

Cold chicken on white bread with iceberg lettuce, Helmans mayo and s & p. Heavy on the dark meat. And cut into fours, like mom used to do...

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I figure my last sandwich should have memories attached to it, Lefty :^)

Well, in that case, chow, I'd have a bacon and ketchup sandwich on toasted seeded Polish rye.

It's probably my all-time favorite sandwich anyway, and has been since I was a little kid in the midst of all my Polish aunts.

Lee