Whats Cooking Sunday 7 OCT./2012 to Sat. 13 OCT. / 2012

Embryodad

Penne pasta, meatballs, garlic toast and salad.

Dinner101012.jpg
Can't go wrong with that dish of macaroni's.

Looks so good joe!..

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
WOW! Everything looks and sounds FANTASTIC!!

Haven't been around for a few days because I got called back to work (second shift). Between taking care of my DD#2 - making sure she gets her pills during the night and changing dressings (she is still not back to school) and work (been away for awhile so need to get reacquainted with procedures) I haven't been sleeping much.

I will probably only be cooking on the weekends and be at the mercy of DD#1 during the week LOL Her favorite meal is tacos!! :ohmy:

For those of you using photobucket, I discovered something. Once you choose your photos to download, look down at the bottom for "more options," and you can choose a size before you actually download. Y'all probably already know this, but I've been downloading them and then re-sizing :bangin: .

Thanks for the info. I do all my resizing and editing before uploading to photobucket so I never pay attention to the options. :bangin:

I just looked and don't see more options in the upload box I only see

Use our basic uploader to upload files from your computer to Photobucket. You can organize your photos into Albums. Create as many albums as you like. You can also try our Bulk Uploader.

and

select photos and videos

and

Share to your favorite sites when you upload (Optional)

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Roasted a chicken for dinner along with mashed redskin potatoes and corn/bean steamer. We have enough leftovers for tomorrow's din-din. DW had the white meat, and my plate had the the most flavorful part of the bird...the legs & thighs!

Dinner101112_Snapseed.jpg

Embryodad

Tina made "Backyard Chicken!"

Why did WE call it that???

Because...Tina (who is a great cook ) Braised chicken thighs with lots of onions, and cooked it down like she always does, and it is so well done, I even eat it. Don't forget, I'm not a favorite for chicken, unless it's done done crispy well done.

Well....It sat there on the stove, and I took a fork full, of nice browned meat, and I couldn't eat it.
Tina said, What's wrong?? I said, go ahead. You Tell me.
Well, she said,...It looks like chicken; it cooked like chicken, but it sure as hell does not TASTE like chicken.
the brand was a No- Name Brand, and it had no taste of chicken. Period.

So It was flipped Out in the "Backyard";...for the critters to hopefully enjoy! LOL

SOOoooooooo!! I had cheese and crackers and a tomato salad, and DW had mashed potatoes and gravy.

Tina vowed to never buy no name or off brand chicken again.:oops:

Embryodad

Roasted a chicken for dinner along with mashed redskin potatoes and corn/bean steamer. We have enough leftovers for tomorrow's din-din. DW had the white meat, and my plate had the the most flavorful part of the bird...the legs & thighs!

Dinner101112_Snapseed.jpg
Nice Bird Joe!

I'm a wing and thigh next if it's well done! Looks awesome!

K

Kimchee

Made Cioppino for the first time tonight, got the Seal of Approval
from my wife!
Didn't use any fancy seafood.... swai fillet, shrimp and a handful
of frozen assorted seafood from Costco... squid, mussels, tiny
scallops.
Sorry, forgot the all important photo. :(

Embryodad

Made Cioppino for the first time tonight, got the Seal of Approval
from my wife!
Didn't use any fancy seafood.... swai fillet, shrimp and a handful
of frozen assorted seafood from Costco... squid, mussels, tiny
scallops.
Sorry, forgot the all important photo. :(
Sounds Great Kimchee...

Love everything...I'll bet it was great!!

And the big question??? .... Was there Bread?

K

Kimchee

Bread? Oh yeah! Krogers sells an "artisan" loaf of rustic bread studded with
garlic pieces.. Take and bake. And the best part is, just before I picked it
out, an employee marked it down to half price! SCORE!

Embryodad

Bread? Oh yeah! Krogers sells an "artisan" loaf of rustic bread studded with
garlic pieces.. Take and bake. And the best part is, just before I picked it
out, an employee marked it down to half price! SCORE!
Ummm! for the Bread, and Ahhh! For the price cut!

Sounds Great!

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Must be the bulk uploader, Peep. Now I'm confused :dizzy:

I think I'm going to make a Mediterranean pizza tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i'm hungry fer a meal. not canned soup & 'at of recent daze. when blake gets in, i'll see if he'd prefer lemon-garlic chix/broccoli over linguine, 'er garlicy angelhair w/ pesto-chix. he has yet to learn that he is cookin' this evening.
glad he loves to cook & dine!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Mine took off to the apple place and hollered " get something out for dinner". That means we eat what I want tonight. Might be some pan fried steaks and mixed veggies. Got a ton of those we put up. Still have some orange cake left for desert.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Typical woman....Plans have changed and we are making a cake to take to my SIL for dinner. She is baking some casserole for the main dish. The steaks I thawed are in the fridge for tomorrow. Heck, I might make them for breakfast!:a1: :D

Embryodad

Typical woman....Plans have changed and we are making a cake to take to my SIL for dinner. She is baking some casserole for the main dish. The steaks I thawed are in the fridge for tomorrow. Heck, I might make them for breakfast!:a1: :D
Well... at least you don't have to thaw the meat for tomorrow. That's a plus.

If I'm gonna season the steaks before cooking, I like to season overnight in the fridge so the seasoning gets inside the meat fibers as much as possible.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
These are cube steaks that we usually pan fry in some Worcestershire sauce and some low sodium soy sauce if she don't catch me. I can fry them up for breakfast before she ever wakes up.:brows:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Instant replay from last night, just changed up the veggie since broccoli was on sale today. This was a 5# bird, so there was enough meat left over to make some chicken salad for our lunch sandwiches on my sandwich thins tomorrow. Whole chickens are sure a good value when just cooking for two.

Dinner101212.jpg

Embryodad

These are cube steaks that we usually pan fry in some Worcestershire sauce and some low sodium soy sauce if she don't catch me. I can fry them up for breakfast before she ever wakes up.:brows:
Steak for breakfast sounds ok to me. LOL

DW was out most the day, and stopped by her friends to jibber jabber a bit.

She came back with all kinds of store stuff. You know, like bread and cookies and sweets and bargains... She did good. It's like Christmas presents for me when she comes back from shopping. Usually all food!

Embryodad

Tina made me a Grilled cheese and tomato.
I had a piece of that Entenmans Cake, and some of those snack peanut butter crackers.. I think "Austin" is the brand. DW gets them bulk at Sams Club.
I just pile on some jam, and I'm all set to go!

I was gonna have tomato soup, but I opted out on that. Maybe later for a snack with Saltines. ( Buttered of course ). LOL
Come On...Come On...They are dry crackers, they need lubrication to swallow!

Oooops! ... almost forgot! Tina had BBQ'd Hot dogs she made the other day, and store bought macaroni and potato salad.

*Note! just a little jimmy note:

We are trying that new "Smart Balance" buttery spread. ( Tina's on the cholesterol kick because her numbers were 7 points over the maximum.)
SOooooo! I'm helping her. I wanted the Original tasting, and she got the one with Canola oil.

The original is Flaxseed Oil. To me, it has a fishy smell, and an aftertaste.
I'm gonna finish it, and go back to butter, or maybe something else; but it has to be salted, and taste buttery. Smart Balance just doesn't cut it in taste for me.

She likes her buttery canola spread...so I just Shut....My...Mouth! shhhhhh!!

K

Kimchee

Catfish Banh Mi and Asian slaw...
I absolutely LOVE Banh Mi sandwiches, so I make them
whenever my wife is out of town...... she isn't as fond of them.

Attachments

• CatfishBanhMi.jpg
    CatfishBanhMi.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 141

Embryodad

Catfish Banh Mi and Asian slaw...
I absolutely LOVE Banh Mi sandwiches, so I make them
whenever my wife is out of town...... she isn't as fond of them.
Looks great!

Yeah! My wife is not a fish person. She only will eat shrimp or haddock fillet!
She hates lobster and scallops...and will only eat clam chowder after picking out the clams. Go Figure! hahahahaha....

K

Kimchee

My wife's pretty adventurous and likes just about every cuisine,
but isn't a big sandwich fan. Even with burgers, she ends up
deconstructing it and eating the innards separately after a couple
of bites.... foolish woman, sandwiches are like the perfect food! :)
So for her, I'd just fry up the fish and pile the toppings on it sans
bread. And with many many fewer jalapeno slices!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I have not had catfish for a good while. Sure miss my pond at the old farm at times. Last I got was at a restaurant and was not very good. That sandwich would sure work for me. And I love slaw.