What's cooking NCT Sunday 9/23/12 to Saturday 9/29/12?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I made 2 meatloaves last night. So we had 1 loaf last night and the other is for tonight. Not sure what the sides will be.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I had some leftover rotisserie chicken from Sam's so I'm using the leftovers to make a chicken, broccoli and rice casserole.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
well, I wanted chili, but don't have all the things on hand, plus don't feel like cooking.
This head cold is awful, even after taking something for it :/
I called my niece and asked her if she'd run out and get me something later, she said sure- just to let her know what it is.
She's a good lass!

back to my blanket cave for some rest.

Embryodad

Tina Just returned from her frolic and shopping in Lancaster, PA.
OMG she brought home all kinds of stuff. Jellys and Jams from Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse, PA .... Apple and peach Butter. Salsa's of all kinds.

Chocolates ....cookies, and treats of all kinds. Ummmm!!

On the way back, she stopped at Dietrich's Meats in Krumsville and bought smoked sausages, Bacon, and Dried beef to make SOS.

Had a great lunch of leftover shrimp and stuffed mushrooms from Red Lobster.

OMG, I can't stop picking on everything.

Have no clue what's for supper, but I'm sure something good can be had from what she picked up. I could go for the smoked sausages.

Embryodad

I made 2 meatloaves last night. So we had 1 loaf last night and the other is for tonight. Not sure what the sides will be.
Boy! That meatloaf must be super good peep. It surely looked good. And for the family to have reruns the next day!....... It has to be good.

Embryodad

well, I wanted chili, but don't have all the things on hand, plus don't feel like cooking.
This head cold is awful, even after taking something for it :/
I called my niece and asked her if she'd run out and get me something later, she said sure- just to let her know what it is.
She's a good lass!

back to my blanket cave for some rest.
Get Better Sass.....

Do you have canned chicken broth? If so, you can have that with saltines.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Boy! That meatloaf must be super good peep. It surely looked good. And for the family to have reruns the next day!....... It has to be good.
Thank you Jimmy. I am thinking meatloaf sandwiches on the homemade bread. Maybe with gravy and salad.

I wish I could do the shopping Tina does. Sounds like good stuff.

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. I am thinking meatloaf sandwiches on the homemade bread. Maybe with gravy and salad.

I wish I could do the shopping Tina does. Sounds like good stuff.
Love sandwiches with M L .

Yeah! She and her friend Mary had a great time. It was a perfect weekend too.

Oh! But she will be wiped in a little while. She went to all the stands and places where she could park close. This way it eliminated a lot of walking.
I will have the quinine water ready by her side just in case she gets leg cramps.
LOL ....
ME.... I'm just taking it easy. Can't wait till this sciatica pain goes away. Grrrrrr!!!!

Hope your pain is going away. I know what you mean about a cough bringing the pain in the sciatic back. It is something that aggravates it. Sneezing too.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Next meatloaf sandwiches are the only reason I like to make meatloaf :lol:

Sounds like you have a nice variety of good stuff to choose from Jimmy!

Here's the casserole. It turned out really good and there's enough left for dinner tomorrow night too.

Attachments

• dinner09232012-1.jpg
    dinner09232012-1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 426
  • dinner09232012-2.jpg
    dinner09232012-2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 502

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Here's the casserole. It turned out really good and there's enough left for dinner tomorrow night too.
WOW OH MAMA!! Is that recipe posted?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
That was a "throw it together and hope for the best" kinda dinner Peepers :lol: I ended up using the leftover chicken, 1 can of cream of chicken soup, 1 can of cream of celery soup, some sauteed red peppers and onions, thyme, salt, pepper, a couple of tablespoon of chicken base, water, 4 cups rice and a package of frozen broccoli cuts. I had a little bit of cooked spinach in the fridge that I threw in there too just for good measure :lol: Topped it with Panko bread crumbs and sprayed with cooking spray. Baked at 375° for about 45 minutes to an hour.

Embryodad

Casserole looks great Mama..

What ? Kind of noodles??

Embryodad

I'm eating all kinds of stuff. Chips / dips / jams and crackers / salsa / candy / pretzels / cheese puffs / ...all kings of goodies Tinamommy brought back from Lancaster County, PA . Yummm!

I didn't cook...can't stand too long yet, and the Mrs. was gone and she is bushed and hit the sack to watch TV.

I could go for smoked Lebanon Bologna chunks with crackers and mustard horseraddish dip, but Boo Hoo....Mommy forgot to get it. Oh Well....Next Time. Soon I Hope!....

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ended up going the full nuke.
Idaho potato, topped with Stouffers creamed spinach and corn.
2 aspirin,hot tea and a nap for dessert.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Dang Jimmy, She "forgot Lebanon bologna". That has to be some kind of felony or something. I will be meeting my buddy down below Williamsport, Pa. tomorrow and Lebanon bologna and hard pretzels are a major reason for the trip. I found a place I can get it about 35 miles into Pa. They don't have the good sourdough pretzels yet. I ask every time I stop there and one of these days they just might get them in.

Embryodad

Dang Jimmy, She "forgot Lebanon bologna". That has to be some kind of felony or something. I will be meeting my buddy down below Williamsport, Pa. tomorrow and Lebanon bologna and hard pretzels are a major reason for the trip. I found a place I can get it about 35 miles into Pa. They don't have the good sourdough pretzels yet. I ask every time I stop there and one of these days they just might get them in.
Yeah! She said she was sorry. It slipped her mind. I think the Weis Market here has Seltzers Brand Lebanon bologna.

Good ole Williamsport. Nice town. Little League Basball Town. I was there years ago, and remember the ride over the Susquehanna River on market Street Bridge on 15. Picked up some burgers and snacks, and Waited for my Brother to arrive at the Airport there.

Right now, I have enough food to keep my fat mouth happy. L O L ..

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
First run of Pumpkin Spice Bars. Man are they good but next time I will cut the sugars in half.

092312_pumplin_spice_bar_1_P1090597_zps068e1528.jpg

092312_pumplin_spice_bar_2_P1090598_zpsb2986e67.jpg

092312_pumplin_spice_bar_3_P1090600_zpsf29501e6.jpg

Embryodad

First run of Pumpkin Spice Bars. Man are they good but next time I will cut the sugars in half.

092312_pumplin_spice_bar_1_P1090597_zps068e1528.jpg

092312_pumplin_spice_bar_2_P1090598_zpsb2986e67.jpg

That cake / bars look good peep.

Tina always cuts the sugar in half.

Today, she brought me these thick soft chew Oatmeal Raisin cookies at the Market In Bird In Hand, PA. They look and smell so good, and the texture was perfect, and with plenty of big plump rasins, but Boy Oh Boy, were they Sweeeeettt. Way To Sweet. Now, Tina loves sweets, but she didn't even finish the cookie. It almost tastes like the person who made them doubled the sugar.
The cookies were baked by a Vendor at the indoor market there.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That cake / bars look good peep.

Tina always cuts the sugar in half.

Today, she brought me these thick soft chew Oatmeal Raisin cookies at the Market In Bird In Hand, PA. They look and smell so good, and the texture was perfect, and with plenty of big plump rasins, but Boy Oh Boy, were they Sweeeeettt. Way To Sweet. Now, Tina loves sweets, but she didn't even finish the cookie. It almost tastes like the person who made them doubled the sugar.
The cookies were baked by a Vendor at the indoor market there.
Thank you Jimmy. This was a first run so I wanted to follow the recipe. I played with the spices because the recipe said you can add other spices.

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy. This was a first run so I wanted to follow the recipe. I played with the spices because the recipe said you can add other spices.
Oh! Yeah!.... I understand peep about first trial batch. Thats what we do. Not me that much; because I am not the baker in the house.
Usually Tina will look at a recipe, and look at the sugar / flour ratio.

We love sweets and cakes and cookies, but not so sweet that it overpowers the whatever it is. This recipe was so sweet, that Tina was crunching sugar crystals that were not mixed in. I told her, she had to realize that if those cookies are made by Amish sect, they do not use electricity for electric beaters like we do.
They mix by hand with wooden spoons, and it may not thouroughly mix all the ingredients like our KA's do! I tell her,"Hey Chris, you don't know how good you have it!" .... then she gives me the dirty look! hahahaha..

Cooksie

Site Supporter

Beautiful pic :clap:. You know I don't eat a whole lot of sweets, but I know some relatives who would go nuts :) for that.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Chicken breasts in a white wine/artichoke heart sauce is looking like dinner tonight.

Embryodad

Just a Tuna salad sandwich on a roll. that was a mistake. It was a hard roll, and there was more tuna salad on the dish than in the sandwich as it kept squeezing out. LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Just a Tuna salad sandwich on a roll. that was a mistake. It was a hard roll, and there was more tuna salad on the dish than in the sandwich as it kept squeezing out. LOL
Tsk, tsk, tsk. You KNOW hard rolls are for sliced meats & cheeses, not squishy, gooey stuff. That stuff was meant for Wonder bread and the like. Jimmy, Jummy....:yum: