What's cooking NCT Sunday 8/26/12 - Saturday 9/1/12?

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Last Night's Pork BBQ - Waited too long to buy a decent roll.........
had to settle for burger buns. BAH !

002-16.jpg

Yummy! :)

Embryodad

Very nice Jimmy and Tina!!

Our dinner on Wednesday 8/29/12

London broil cooked on the cast iron stove top grill pan, buttered jasmine rice and salad

082912_london_broil_P1090552.jpg
thanks peep. it took the pain away from my side while i ate.

your plate of broil looks delicious also.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Probably chicken again.
Thinking about just getting a rotisserie bird, and making a pasta salad or something to go with it.

Embryodad

Thursday...

appetite just went away. Tinamommy just made me some flapjacks.

All the butter and thick syrup, just made me go blank on what to cook today for supper.

If it were me...I would throw a couple steaks on the grill; but mommy don't like steak. Actually, not that she doesn't like steak, Its that she will eat two tablespoons, and be stuffed.
Yet...she will eat a slice of cake; then pie; and then 10 minutes later, will snack a few potato chips.

I guess she's more a sweet and then salty kind of eater.
I get that way once in a while. At least I finish my plate of food though. ...

Embryodad

Tina made rice with onions and tomatoes.
She used the leftover chinese rice from the other night.

It was great.
She got us ice cream fron DQ. I had hard ice cream of butter pecan, and it was aweful tasting. It had a flavoring that tasted like perfume. yuuck!
Tina had a soft serve vanilla with strawberry sauce.

Tonight... we had pop corn for a snack. Not very filling!...
I think I need a cheese sandwich.
yeah!.....something that will put more lard on my @**.

Embryodad

Nothing fancy or fabulous.. just chicken and tri-colour pasta salad.

View attachment 16117

Looks great sass.

Haaa..I'm looking inside the pastasalad for the chicken, and I said, awww...the poor thing was so hungry, she ate it already. That's ok!
It's like spaghetti and meatballs when I eat the meatballs first! LOL

THEN......I looked in the background and saw the chicken.

I think I need my eye's checked or should use my glasses.:dizzy:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great sass.

Haaa..I'm looking inside the pastasalad for the chicken, and I said, awww...the poor thing was so hungry, she ate it already. That's ok!
It's like spaghetti and meatballs when I eat the meatballs first! LOL

THEN......I looked in the background and saw the chicken.

I think I need my eye's checked or should use my glasses.:dizzy:

hahaha!

It was goooood Jimmy.
Here, 2 more pix with the star of the show in the foreground.
I always take several pix and pick the best of the bunch to post.
Got enough left to make a batch of chicken salad!

2012-08-30 17-17-08.735.jpg

2012-08-30 17-18-08.356.jpg

Embryodad

hahaha!

It was goooood Jimmy.
Here, 2 more pix with the star of the show in the foreground.
I always take several pix and pick the best of the bunch to post.
Got enough left to make a batch of chicken salad!

View attachment 16118

View attachment 16119
Ahhh! There it is. Bless You Child!....

Chix Salad is Good to make with that. Tina loves chicken salad.
I make it and only because I make it....I will eat it! LOL

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I have steak and a lot of choices for a side. Won't be a baked potato because that's what I had last night.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Chicken salad sandwich and a plethora of other things, packed and ready to go.
It's going to be a long day.
Happy Friday everyone!

Embryodad

Chicken salad sandwich and a plethora of other things, packed and ready to go.
It's going to be a long day.
Happy Friday everyone!
Awww! Poor Thing!

I hope the day goes fast for you Sass!!

Nothing worse than a long day! A seemingly long day that is!...

BTW... congrats on the over 11,000 posts. W O W !!!!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thursday 8/30/12
Capellini topped with a light tomato sauce and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses and buttered microwave steamed fresh broccoli

083012_capellini_broccoli_iP1090555.jpg

Embryodad

Already ate. Italian sub for me, and eggplant parm sub for Tina.

Oh don't worry. I took a few chomps of her sandwich. Would have been better with more than two layers of thin eggplant. Especially at 6.99 for a 8" sub. It's a good thing I wasn't there to check the sandwich.

:soapbox:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Jimmy!!

Dinner Friday 8/31/12
Breaded pork chop, buttered microwave steamed fresh broccoli and carrots, stuffing and gravy

083112_breaded_porkchop_P1090556.jpg

Embryodad

Thank you Jimmy.
welcome peep.

still up in miserable pain with the sciatic. no sleep last night.

got 1 hr in the recliner, and now i'm waiting till i get dropping head tired before i take the pain pills and get at least 2 hours sleep.

poor tina...her hip is sore now. she must have twisted it when she did her knee dive.
her knee looks like a round mellanzane ( egg plant )

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
welcome peep.

still up in miserable pain with the sciatic. no sleep last night.

got 1 hr in the recliner, and now i'm waiting till i get dropping head tired before i take the pain pills and get at least 2 hours sleep.

poor tina...her hip is sore now. she must have twisted it when she did her knee dive.
her knee looks like a round mellanzane ( egg plant )
I am in the same boat as you Jimmy. I have been in pain for about 3 weeks now. It goes from bad to worse. And having to go to the potty so often due to the type 2 it is no fun especially at night. Just walking back and forth sends screaming pain up and down my left side. No getting to sleep with having to wait for the pain and tears to subside after each trip. I have been doing as much cooking and doing dishes and such as I can handle. And driving my DD from work. Not fun but sitting hurts also so may as well be as useful as possible.

Hope Tina feels better soon. XOXOXOXOX

Embryodad

I am in the same boat as you Jimmy. I have been in pain for about 3 weeks now. It goes from bad to worse. And having to go to the potty so often due to the type 2 it is no fun especially at night. Just walking back and forth sends screaming pain up and down my left side. No getting to sleep with having to wait for the pain and tears to subside after each trip. I have been doing as much cooking and doing dishes and such as I can handle. And driving my DD from work. Not fun but sitting hurts also so may as well be as useful as possible.

Hope Tina feels better soon. XOXOXOXOX
Thanks for the Tina mention.

Yep! The bathroom thing like 4 times from all the water I'm drinking to lube the discs, and the pain killers.
I'm holding off going to bed now because of the imense pain when lying down and trying 100 ways to lessen the hurt! LOL...It sucks, and I lifted N O T H I N G !!

I don't even feel like cooking and even eating. It's my left side too.
The leg hurts like someone has a clamp on it all over.

I have a weight lifters wide belt on over the upper cheek, and a small sinus heating mask stuffed under that. hahahahaha.... It has only been like 6 days now, but I am praying it doesn't last 3 weeks like it did when I worked.

Are you using a cane to help out? I have two. One is great, but Tina hates it cause it clanks on the wood floor. The rubber tip is old and hard.

Take care, and feel better soon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Yep! The bathroom thing like 4 times from all the water I'm drinking to lube the discs, and the pain killers.
I'm holding off going to bed now because of the imense pain when lying down and trying 100 ways to lessen the hurt! LOL...It sucks, and I lifted N O T H I N G !!

I have a weight lifters wide belt on over the upper cheek, and a small sinus heating mask stuffed under that. hahahahaha.... It has only been like 6 days now, but I am praying it doesn't last 3 weeks like it did when I worked.

Are you using a cane to help out? I have two. One is great, but Tina hates it cause it clanks on the wood floor. The rubber tip is old and hard.

Take care, and feel better soon.
I sleep in the recliner because laying flat is so painful. I need to elevate my damaged foot or it swells 4X normal. My toes are tingling also from this. Yes I have/use a cane.

Embryodad

I sleep in the recliner because laying flat is so painful. I need to elevate my damaged foot or it swells 4X normal. My toes are tingling also from this. Yes I have/use a cane.

We have electric beds ( like the hospital ones ) but they don't help at all.

I'm constantly adjusting the head and feet lift, and Tina is getting peeved at the noise. Then I turn on the massage motors in the mattress, and poor Tina Gets More peeved.
I don't understand...she could sleep with Lucy and Ricky screaming on the TV but when I make noise with the bed motor to adjust the angle...she wakes right up. Oh! and we each have our own bed, and it's just that they are together. hahahahahaha!!
:laugh:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We have electric beds ( like the hospital ones ) but they don't help at all.

I'm constantly adjusting the head and feet lift, and Tina is getting peeved at the noise. Then I turn on the massage motors in the mattress, and poor Tina Gets More peeved.
I don't understand...she could sleep with Lucy and Ricky screaming on the TV but when I make noise with the bed motor to adjust the angle...she wakes right up. Oh! and we each have our own bed, and it's just that they are together. hahahahahaha!!
:laugh:
:yum::yum:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Friday's red meat............
'shrooms sauteed in butter and wine,
Garliced spinach, and the ever-present baked spud.

007-10.jpg

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter

Take care, and feel better soon.[/QUOTE

yinz guys, we'll get better together. these veins. ugh. they said excercise is good. i'm like, 'i fight to get through my stairs. how the bleep can i excercise~ u say 'gain weight'. 99.5 lbs. @ 5'5-5'7' (depends on the scale) & they encourage exercise. beautiful.:flowers: