What's on the menu NCT Sunday 8/19/12 - Saturday 8/25/12?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Working again today.
Didn't pack anything.
Marco's Pizza just opened up across the road.
We're going to try something from there.
They're subs are supposed to be spectacular.
May get the steak and cheese.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Working again today.
Didn't pack anything.
Marco's Pizza just opened up across the road.
We're going to try something from there.
They're subs are supposed to be spectacular.
May get the steak and cheese.
OH YUM!! Now I want a cheese steak. Enjoy

Embryodad

Twas a great day today!

It started with some Thomas' Toasted bagels and Scrambled egg / cheese / and diced and fried in butter chipped ham.

5c3beb3d.jpg

This afternoon Tina opened up her gift from the kids. A something she always wanted. I bought more sugar supplies and cones.....:wow:

34d16df7.jpg

We all had to get the chance of spinning sugar threads...
biggrin.gif

7d2b00f3.jpg

Great Chinese Food... and Wine.. ( and the birthday girl had her share!! )

c2693569.jpg

3475dca9.jpg

DD and BF and Mommy Tina in the background! She said,"Don't take me close!"

4d0db1cc.jpg

Maria made the cake. !/2 Vanilla buttercream, and 1/2 chocolate!

5f6e77b6.jpg

Tina's Brother made her a great Happy Birthday Banner! He's a retired Artist!
He did a great job, and all by hand painting.

0a7ea76e.jpg

All In All, we had a great time.... and The Party is NOT Over!!!
:blowcandle:
Saturday we continue at son Jims for a BBQ later in the day!...:hotdog:
I may surprise them all, and make a couple pans of manicotti!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Happy birthday to Tina!! Looks like you all had a great time Jimmy!!

Very nice Lucky!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
8/24/12

Salad plate – tuna salad, egg salad, sliced tomato, black olives and sautéed mushroom caps on a bed of iceberg lettuce

082412_salad_plate_P1090539.jpg

Embryodad

I didn't cook at all today.

I pu;lled/ wrenched / my sciatic nerve, and I'm trying all ways to enjoy the pain. LOL

Tina went to PA today, and she and my two cousins went shopping, and then they stopped at the Slovenian Church Picnic / festival. She brought me back some great Thick potato pancakes... Darn..they were great!

5a921386.jpg

She then got me some stuffed mushrooms at Olive garden.....

7007d012.jpg

Then just before leaving...she picked up a Dozen of Krispy Kreme Glazed Doghnuts.

I had three of those baby's.... Haaaaaaaa

3972b53d.jpg

OOooops! forgot. No pic cuz I ate it so fast. A nut brownie. :wub: Love nuts in / on the brownies!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yum, jimmy! those 'shrooms look so yummy. & u cannot beat a krispy kreme- glazed rocks. my fave.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks so delicious and refreshing peep.

Uh! I didn't see the bread! L O L
Thank you Jimmy. No bread

I didn't cook at all today.

I pu;lled/ wrenched / my sciatic nerve, and I'm trying all ways to enjoy the pain. LOL

Tina went to PA today, and she and my two cousins went shopping, and then they stopped at the Slovenian Church Picnic / festival. She brought me back some great Thick potato pancakes... Darn..they were great!

5a921386.jpg

She then got me some stuffed mushrooms at Olive garden.....

7007d012.jpg

Then just before leaving...she picked up a Dozen of Krispy Kreme Glazed Doghnuts.

I had three of those baby's.... Haaaaaaaa

3972b53d.jpg

OOooops! forgot. No pic cuz I ate it so fast. A nut brownie. :wub: Love nuts in / on the brownies!
I also have had a pinched sciatic nerve for awhile now.

I LOVE those mushrooms from Olive Garden.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
We are working on cleaning out the freezer, so tonight it will be the Odd Couple..........
a NY Strip and a Tilapia Filet............

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
UH, OH
THX for the reminder, Sass; I've got Baked Beans in the (back of the) Fridge that need to come forward..........

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I've got lots of things in the back of the fridge that need to come OUT haha
You're welcome..lol

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Saturday 8/25/12
Corn pancakes and sausage

082512_corn_pancakes_sausage_P1090548.jpg

Chocolate pound cake – I used all the batter and just put a cookie sheet under it just in case. It rose above the top of the pan but didn’t overflow the side OR the center hole.

082512_chocolate_pound_cake_1_P1090542.jpg

082512_chocolate_pound_cake_2_P1090545.jpg

Embryodad

Saturday 8/25/12
Corn pancakes and sausage

082512_corn_pancakes_sausage_P1090548.jpg

Chocolate pound cake – I used all the batter and just put a cookie sheet under it just in case. It rose above the top of the pan but didn’t overflow the side OR the center hole.

082512_chocolate_pound_cake_1_P1090542.jpg

082512_chocolate_pound_cake_2_P1090545.jpg
Looks all so good peep!

Nice sheen on the bundt side of the cake. Shines like a baby's butt.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Oh Yum Peepers! I'm glad your cake didn't overflow! We had pancakes and sausage for breakfast this morning. I didn't get any pics of breakfast but here's dinner tonight: Fried shrimp, baked potatoes and salad. DH had homemade buttered Italian bread with his. DH said, "You can't get shrimp this good in any restaurant!" I love that man :wub:

Attachments

• dinner08252012.jpg
    dinner08252012.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 383
  • dinner08252012-1.jpg
    dinner08252012-1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 225

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Looks all so good peep!

Nice sheen on the bundt side of the cake. Shines like a baby's butt.

Thank you Jimmy.

Oh Yum Peepers! I'm glad your cake didn't overflow! We had pancakes and sausage for breakfast this morning. I didn't get any pics of breakfast but here's dinner tonight: Fried shrimp, baked potatoes and salad. DH had homemade buttered Italian bread with his. DH said, "You can't get shrimp this good in any restaurant!" I love that man :wub:
Thank you Mama.

I am not a shrimp fan but they look GOOD. I would love that tater and salad right now! YUM

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Heh, I spent too much time on the other forum today, so I popped out to the ice cream place and got a messy sloppy joe with cheese, and a Dole Whip in a waffle cone.

Oh Peeps, that all looks so good!

Mama..your shrimp pic is making my mouth water. yum yum!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Heh, I spent too much time on the other forum today, so I popped out to the ice cream place and got a messy sloppy joe with cheese, and a Dole Whip in a waffle cone.

Oh Peeps, that all looks so good!

Mama..your shrimp pic is making my mouth water. yum yum!
Thank you Sass.

UMMMMMMM I want a sloppy joe!! What is a dole whip?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks Peepers and Sass!

I've spent a little time lurking on the other forum myself.....:drama:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's a fluffy, refreshing ice cream pineapple flavoured treat.
I always get mine in a waffle cone with a spoon, because they're huge.

Embryodad

Well ... shamefully, dinner and the Tinas continued birthday BBQ celebration at son Jims didn't happen.

We had a little bad luck, but thankfully we all are laughing about it now. So as is even the Victim.
Poor Tina! Yep! .... she was in the EZ chair (recliner ) and she has no right hand / arm use as far as strength goes, and so she got a toe / leg charlie horse cramp, and tried to get out of the chair, and crashed with all her weight on her left knee.

OMG...It was swollen...she was on the floor screaming in misery because now the right leg was cramping like a pretzel. I couldn't pick her up because I amd here with my sciatic bull crap pain.
DD comes over, and we couldn't budge her.
She was on the floor for about 45 minutes in all total. Jim Jr and DIL was in town, so Maria called them and they came right over.
It was like a nightmare. DW said NO NO NO don't call 911..I'll be ok when I can get up!
Finally Jimmy and I got her up in the chair. We wheeled her into the bathroom on the computer chair. Her knee was the size of a grapefruit.
It was funny, cause when I was trying to lift her, I accidentally whacked her in the head with my cane. We got her down the stairs and loaded her in the car, and DS and DIL drove her to the hospital.

No breaks or tears, but a nasty contusion of the knee, and a lump on her forehead where I hit her with the cane.

DIL and DD are gonna set up and move the food and party here tomorrow!

Right now it's pain killers and ice down for tonight.

Now we know we need a new recliner chair with a electric operated foot and recline rest feature.
Don't think there would be a problem with medicare helping pay for it?? She is disabled; so that may warrant them helping absorb some costs. I have to look into it.

Well...tomorrow's another day, so we shall see how it goes!