What's on the Menu 8-5 to 8-12-12?

Leni

I have leftover pot roast with all of the trimings. Mom is not cooking tonight.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Chicken stir fry made with chicken thighs. Veggie fried rice for the side.

Dinner080512.jpg

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Brushetta with garden tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil, pepper flakes and dash of balsamic sitting on my counter now. Will barbecue a steak and make green salad.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
DH had a couple of cheese sausages on buns. I wasn't feeling too good all day and never got around to eating anything at all throughout the day. I guess I'll wait and have some breakfast in the morning. Probably coffee and raisin toast.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Not sure about tonight, but last night I had turkey, some gussied-up Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing, and yellow squash.

Embryodad

Geepers.... I messed up and posted Sundays 08/05/ 12 0n Saturdays board.

I have visions of making JoeV's Kielbasi with veggies and of course potato wedges for mommy. Have peppers and Zuchini and carrots in mind, and some kidney beans. (1/2 a can I have left over) and we, or shall I say I, will eat that in a pita pocket or two. Tina will eat it, but she has to disect everything out that she doesn't like.

Looks like I will be making that for myself. She is heating up mushroom ravioli and a meatball now for lunch. That will fill her for the whole day as far as food goes.
the rest of the day, she will sustain herself on sweets.

To each their own I say!

Leni

Well Mom did cook last night. I made a strawberry rhubarb pie.

Somebody must have back for seconds and thirds for the pot roast. I thought that I had enough left over but I didnt. I quickly fried a chicken breast. That made it enough for everyone.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I hope you get to feeling better LS.

We'll be having pizza tonight while watching the Braves game.

Shermie

Site Supporter
That looks so good, JoeV!

Have some chicken noodle casserole!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 641

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
taking on plain carrots (cooked), a few other easily digested veggies/fruits, a few crocchantini, & almond milk.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DW made a BLT with kettle chips and I'm having a baloney/ham/swiss on an Italian sandwich thin, and leftover fried rice from yesterday. Picture-less Monday.

Embryodad

I had JoeV's inspirational Dish of kielbasi and veggies he made a week or so ago.

Thank you for the inspiration Joe.

It doesn't look as appetizing as yours did, but it was a difference from the ole Italian Sausage and peppers.
I didn't use broccoli (Gasseeee). Not like the peppers aren't! haaaaaaaa

I made a mix mash of Kielbasi, peppers, carrots, Zuchini, and Potatoes and Onions.....a thin sliced hot dog too!

Tina didn't like it. Too Salty she said!:censored: Tasted great to me!:biggrin:

I planned on filling pita bread pockets with the stuff, but sorrowfully, the pita's were just pita flat breads. NO Pocket to open and fill!

That was OK... I just went to Plan B, and had my fill by a bite of food, and a bite of bread... 1...2...1...2...1...2... All in perfect cadence! hahhahaha

99de4aab.jpg

a3b95a5d.jpg

I enjoyed it; even though not being able to stuff a pocket to stuff my face.
At least I used a fork.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I had JoeV's inspirational Dish of kielbasi and veggies he made a week or so ago.

Thank you for the inspiration Joe.

It doesn't look as appetizing as yours did, but it was a difference from the ole Italian Sausage and peppers.
I didn't use broccoli (Gasseeee). Not like the peppers aren't! haaaaaaaa

I made a mix mash of Kielbasi, peppers, carrots, Zuchini, and Potatoes and Onions.....a thin sliced hot dog too!

Tina didn't like it. Too Salty she said!:censored: Tasted great to me!:biggrin:

I planned on filling pita bread pockets with the stuff, but sorrowfully, the pita's were just pita flat breads. NO Pocket to open and fill!

That was OK... I just went to Plan B, and had my fill by a bite of food, and a bite of bread... 1...2...1...2...1...2... All in perfect cadence! hahhahaha

99de4aab.jpg

a3b95a5d.jpg

I enjoyed it; even though not being able to stuff a pocket to stuff my face.
At least I used a fork.

Yum! that looks so good!

Embryodad

Man alive...do I have kielbasi breath! Whew!.....

I better eat something to push it on down further into the abyss!

I think I'll have a grilled Ham and cheese! Yeah! I'll make one for Tina too. haha I know she won't eat one complete, so I get the half she doesn't eat.
It's called over planning to prevent starvation!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
changed my dinner after a nap! stouffer's macaroni & cheese & broccoli~

Attachments

• IMG_1062527.jpg
    IMG_1062527.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 259

Embryodad

changed my dinner after a nap! stouffer's macaroni & cheese & broccoli~
Now that's a good Mon Day meal!

hahaha... I have to laugh. You shoved the fork way way under the macaroni and cheese. L O L ... Just Funnin!
My DD does that! When she gets done, there is cheese half way up the handle.

She always has the messyist fork or spoon. I hate cleaning up after she eats runny egg yolks, or mashed potatoes. L O L She is a neat eater though!

She uses her fork or spoon like she's shovelin snow! hahahahaha Yeah! let it snow!!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
Now that's a good Mon Day meal!

hahaha... I have to laugh. You shoved the fork way way under the macaroni and cheese. L O L ... Just Funnin!
My DD does that! When she gets done, there is cheese half way up the handle.

She always has the messyist fork or spoon. I hate cleaning up after she eats runny egg yolks, or mashed potatoes. L O L She is a neat eater though!

She uses her fork or spoon like she's shovelin snow! hahahahaha Yeah! let it snow!!

so glad i set aside the pseudo-dinner & woke hungry from a nap!
i can't inhale my food, lol. was alawys a slo-poke @ dining & getting ready. my Pap used to rattle his dentures @ me & say to hurry. took me 2 hrs. to have my brekkie once. i'm generally the last to the table @ holidays, then we make plates, & i'll be dawdling over my plate while half the dishes get washed.

when i'm by myself, i set my food aside, take like half a forkful, turn to the 'puter, take a few others, watch a minute of t.v.~
blake's plate is empty when i've just begun to get beyond the surface of my meal. i often keep the pots/pans on the range to give a quick re-heat.
if it's meat, it's basically cold anyhow, so that matters not. hungry again now!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy, mighty fine job with the tube steak & veggies. IMO, there's no wrong way to make that dish, just as long as it has kielbasa in it.:brows:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i put a skirt steak on the thaw. i was thinking of that and.......
hm.

for a veggie, heirloom tomato slices or summer squash/zucchini.

unless i get to the store. then it's a pacific rim salad.

this is apt to change.

Shermie

Site Supporter
Looks really cheesey Sherman!

I like that heavy duty pan!

Thanx, Embryodad!

Actually, I had that pan for almost 30 years, believe it or not!! That one and another one, and the other one is even larger!!

They're both made by Vollwrath, a world-renownd company that makes commercial quality pots, pans and utensils for the restaurant industry! My large 17-qt covered stainless steel stock pot is also made by them. And they all still look shiny new!! :chef:

Last edited: