TGIFriday 3/16/2012 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Flounder, steamed fresh baby spinach and/or mixed salad, baked potato and corn bread.

Any plans?

GotGarlic

DH is out golfing with friends and will probably eat out, so I'll probably make something with leftover wine-butt chicken and a green salad. Maybe just shred some chicken to top the salad. Hey, there's an idea ...

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
baked macaroni & cheese for the man. i'll find something later on.

Leni

I picked up an already cooked chicken from Vons along with ready made mashed potatoes. DH bought corn and I think I'll cook some Brussel sprouts. In the meantime I'm going to start Burgundy beef for tomorrow.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Fried Flounder, steamed fresh baby spinach, mashed potatoes (with butter, chives and buttermilk).

031612_fried_flounder_P1090412.jpg

chilefarmer

Being Friday, was fish and chips. Both cooked in the oven, Just because I was lazy. Nice Cole slaw already cut and in the bag. I did have to add the dressing, right out of the bottle. Dang I am give out. It was tasty. CF:biggrin:

GotGarlic

Change of plans. DH's golf game was rained out, so we ordered a meatball pizza from the local pizza joint.

AllenOK

Fired up the grill for the first time this season. Pork Steak seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning, w/ fried potatoes and green beans.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Beautiful dinner Peeps! How did you cook the fish, it looks delicious!!!!

We had to go out and about to PetSmart and Costco. DH hasn't been feeling well so I took him to the doctor. The doctor seems to think it's probably a stomach virus but is doing some blood work just in case it's something else. We picked up Chick-fl-a on the way home.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beautiful dinner Peeps! How did you cook the fish, it looks delicious!!!!

We had to go out and about to PetSmart and Costco. DH hasn't been feeling well so I took him to the doctor. The doctor seems to think it's probably a stomach virus but is doing some blood work just in case it's something else. We picked up Chick-fl-a on the way home.
Thank you Mama.

I used cornmeal with a very small amount of flour. I seasoned it with ground sea salt and peppercorns and lemon and herb Old Bay. Then just dredged the fillets and fried it in my cast iron pan with about a 1/4 inch of canola and peanut oil. It was so delicate and mild.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I love flounder. I'm not a fan of "fishy" tasting fish. Crappy is my all time favorite...which reminds me...DH and I need to go fishing.

Since I had a lot of chores yesterday that had me running late, + I'm doing the whole "Corned Beef & Cabbage" (turkey kielbasa for hubby) today, hubby kindly brought home sub sandwiches from one of our favorite local takeout places he passes on his way home from work.

This was the first time I'd tried their "Cold Italian Sub", & boy, was I glad I did! Well-stuffed with Italian cold cuts, lettuce, tomatoes, & sliced sweet onion; the topper was them supplying a fabulous Italian Balsamic Vinegar Dressing on the side in a little plastic cup so I could add it to the sandwich at home instead of having a soggy sandwich on arrival. It's those little touches that make some takeout spots so much better than others. :)

(Oh, & this was "Tony's" in Manassas, VA.)

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
'something later on'~

Attachments

• IMG_35771248.jpg
    IMG_35771248.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_35781246.jpg
    IMG_35781246.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_35821252.jpg
    IMG_35821252.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 90

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
YUMMY!!
What are the red things in the first picture? A red olive and a red pepper?
thanks, my friend. 1's an olive, the other a sun-dried tomato.
can't get over that deli meat dropping in price.

haha, btw, noshing while half-snoozing @ 2:30 in the morning, if you're me, means you'll find an olive & mustard on your desk next day.

Last edited: