What's for dinner? Tuesday, September 1, 2009

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Since my truck is in the shop all day for repairs, I'll be spending the day in my kitchen. I will be baking Italian and whole wheat bread, and will be making at least one hogie roll for my dinner.

Looks like lunch will be Barb's City Chicken and Sass' carrots when Barb brings over the apron.

Din-din will be a hogie made with fried Cherry Festival Sausage from chowhound , and smothered with onions, tomatoes and green peppers. I might also make up some pan fried redskins dusted with Parmsan cheese. I think I still have some bulk Parmesan in the fridge.

Howz 'bout yoos guyz?

suziquzie

What a wonderful time to ask!!

I was just pondering that..... maybe some country style ribs- if i can get them thawed soon enuf....

homecook

I'm making broccoli cheese soup. I'm not sure if I'll make anything else to go with it.

I was planning on making Bucky's split pea soup but the ham bone isn't defrosting fast enough. I guess that will be for tomorrow.

Ronjohn

My wife is apparently planning on something with tomatoes and eggplant from the garden.... I'm guessing we're having pizza.
th_tongue.gif

buckytom

Grill Master
I'm making broccoli cheese soup. I'm not sure if I'll make anything else to go with it.

I was planning on making Bucky's split pea soup but the ham bone isn't defrosting fast enough. I guess that will be for tomorrow.

lemme know how it goes, will ya, homey?

i don't know what we're having. not sure if dw is going to make something, or we're gonna eat out since we have my boy's school orientation tonight. i get to see his new classroom, and meet his teacher. i hope she's nice. and speaks english. :neutral:

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
i don't know what we're having. not sure if dw is going to make something, or we're gonna eat out since we have my boy's school orientation tonight. i get to see his new classroom, and meet his teacher. i hope she's nice. and speaks english. :neutral:
Awww, he started school? That is huge! So far, how does he like his teacher? What about the other kids? It's so funny the things that kids find important. (Fisher just told me last week that he like Myles' GF because she smells nice - like bubblegum.)

homecook

lemme know how it goes, will ya, homey?

Will do Bucky!!

My youngest grandson started kindergarten yesterday and wanted to go to bed at 4 that afternoon so he could wake up and go to school. LOL Heather was in tears......he's loving it.

buckytom

Grill Master
they make tuna flavored gum?

lol, ok, sorry. don't ask him that.

no he hasn't started yet. he starts thursday.

dw is a nervous wreck, but he's very excited to meet new friends, especially new girls to fawn over him. very confident little bastid, i've got.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
OK, you gotta post Thursday night and tell us everything he has to say about school, BT. Oh, and a pic of him on his first day would be really good. Also, buy your wife a nice box of chocolate and some kleenex so's she can make it through his first day.

Barb, ask Heather to check in an give us the rundown on what your grandson thought about school. (Pics would be much appreciated, too.)

homecook

OK, you gotta post Thursday night and tell us everything he has to say about school, BT. Oh, and a pic of him on his first day would be really good. Also, buy your wife a nice box of chocolate and some kleenex so's she can make it through his first day.

Barb, ask Heather to check in an give us the rundown on what your grandson thought about school. (Pics would be much appreciated, too.)

I'll do that Terry. He told her this morning that he wanted to ride the bus and not have her drive him. lol

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'll do that Terry. He told her this morning that he wanted to ride the bus and not have her drive him. lol
Oh no! She's probably at home bawling her eyes out. But doesn't it speak well of her parenting that he is so independent and confident. She and BT must be awesome parents. (Not together. Separately.)

buckytom

Grill Master
oh man, a bus would be even better. we're all walking to school thursday morning. i just told my boss that i'll be in late.

i remember when he started pre-school, he walked out onto the steps after the day was over and announced, "mom, dad, i loved school!"

then to everyone, "my parents were so worrried, but it was great!!!"

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks, f-mom. i would do the last 5 years all over again in a second. i'm really looking forward to this year, though, before the world corrupts him.

worse than i have...

homecook

Enjoy it while you can Bucky!!

Before you know it you'll be wondering how you're grandkids are making out on their first day......like me. LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
No crumb snatchers here. I was busy in the kitchen and made up some bread...

P1020024.jpg

and also made Cherry Festival Sausage smothered in onions, green peppers, tomatoes and fire roasted red peppers sautee'd in EVOO.

P1020026.jpg

Took some of the bread I made and made up one sammie with Italian bread and teh other with 100% Whole Wheat.

P1020027.jpg

Now I think I'll clean up the dishes and go fishing for awhile.

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
My iron chef entry tonight - beef burgers with apple & onion served on a bed of buteered cabbage & carrot. The strange stuff at the side is some cauliflower that had just started bolting.

Attachments

• PICT0773.JPG
    PICT0773.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 173

GotGarlic

they make tuna flavored gum?

lol, ok, sorry. don't ask him that.

no he hasn't started yet. he starts thursday.

dw is a nervous wreck, but he's very excited to meet new friends, especially new girls to fawn over him. very confident little bastid, i've got.

Heh. Kids starting kindergarten always reminds me of what a co-worker once told me about his son: He was really upset about having to go to school - he didn't want to go at all, until after he got home after the first day. Turned out he didn't realize that all his friends would be there, too! He thought he was the only one who had to go to school! :lol:

I'm thawing leftover kibbee, since I have leftover tzatziki. Greek salad and orzo with veggies to go with.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter

why thaw a bone? just simmer it in the water then take it out and add the peas and other ingredients. sounds yummy!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner: bi-color sweet corn, Fettucinni alfredo and garlic bread.

fettuccini_alfredo_090109_2_P1030849.JPG

corn_handle_082309_P1030801.JPG

Last edited:

homecook

why thaw a bone? just simmer it in the water then take it out and add the peas and other ingredients. sounds yummy!!

Because I'm following a specific recipe.......there is also too much meat on the bone.
When I make my own recipe I cook everything all together.....ham bone/peas/veggies.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Wife made spagetti and garlic bread for supper. She is having Wine (shiraz) and I am going to have a few beers :)

Kids started school last Wednesday, but it was only an hour to greet their teacher and bring home the paper work (seriously, every announcement on each sheet of paper ended with them listing out all the rules...like I need to read them ten times each! I got em back though, everything I had to fill out I put thru the copier and sent em back ten copies...)

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Kids started school last Wednesday, but it was only an hour to greet their teacher and bring home the paper work (seriously, every announcement on each sheet of paper ended with them listing out all the rules...like I need to read them ten times each! I got em back though, everything I had to fill out I put thru the copier and sent em back ten copies...)

Ahhhh, I remember those days!

chowhound

I'm still not hungry, so am undecided what is going on for tonight. My appetite is being teased though... I'm watching Andrew Zimmern eating squirrel brains and livermush.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Wife made spagetti and garlic bread for supper. She is having Wine (shiraz) and I am going to have a few beers :)

ROTFLMFAO!!