What's cooking NCT July 29 - August 4, 2012?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I don't remember if I ever had that SR Brand...I asked Tina, and she just said she doesn't think so.

There is another brand out there called Pork Roll...and we did have that.
When T worked for A&P I remember her bringing home packages of reduced priced pork roll, but I cannot remember the brand. Usually when she would pull the going OODate soon...she would repackage it in bulk reduced. Same with bacon that only had a 3 more day limit.

Rules have changed now. Now it's trash it all. She would come home some nights and actually cry. She said,"To think how some starving people could benefit bying reduced product, but she had strict orders to trash it into the dumpster. Hot dogs / bacon / pepperoni / salami all packaged.....wooosh..in the carts and all trashed.

They don't do it anymore because somewhere along the line, someone complained they got sick, and they sued.....

It was cheaper to claim it as a loss. GRRrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

The Mansfield S-Rite does have managers specials on certain days. All S-Rite stores are different. The 5 stores within our area are owned by Romano Family that started in the Netcong store on 46 there.

Sorry to hear about the meat factory burning down.
I made T and Me a grilled Taylor Ham and cheese last night. hahahahaha... SOooo Goood! She said I didn't fry hers crispy enough. I peeled out the ham, and stuck it in my sandwich. Y U M !
My hub works for the Inserra Shop-Rite. there are quite a few owned by the Inserra family. My great aunt grew up/ went to school with "old" man Inserra in the Emerson area. He passsed a few years ago.