Whats on the table Sunday May 30, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Ok I have to many options and possibilities today!!

Its gonna be a surprise!! LOL

Whats shakin' your table today?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
We are having a potluck at work.
I made Rotel dip, bow tie pasta salad and deviled eggs to take along.

MexicoKaren

Joyfully Retired
Super Site Supporter
This morning, I made potato salad, fried chicken and biscuits. I'm packing up half for my friend whose husband is in the hospital. The chicken turned out great - I used my grandma's old recipe. I'll post more later, and try to put up some pictures.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Just got back from the shore...water was 60 degrees but I managed to get in and go under twice!! Brrrrrrrrrr

Grilled portobello mushrooms with apricots and bleu cheese

Caesar salad

TBones, baked potatoes, garlic bread

Green Tea and Mango ice creams

We're about to start drinking Tito's Handmade with lime slices. Probably a zin for dinner

tops of my feet are sunburned...:oops:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear that Dee. I hope you get to feeling better soon. We just had spaghetti and salad...nothing really picture worthy.

Meme4251

So, sorry your feeling ill Dee. Gonna have to try FM's broth if your up to making. That is on my "ill" list the next time..............Take care, VB and Mama and the others I might have missed by accident, sounds like some excellent dinners for tonight. My DS, grilled BBQ chicken, I made the boiled cabbage, baked potatoes and corn on the cob. I'll eat mine before betime but did take some nibbles of each and I have to say, Yummy.....

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Burger on sour dough bread with cheese, red leaf lettuce, vidalia onion, pickles chip and ketchup. Sides were stuffed tomato shell (tomato meat, mozzarella, EVOO, oregano, vidalia onion, fresh basil, sea salt, ground pepper and bread crumbs), steamed corn on the cob and bean salad (pink kidney beans, red kidney beans, cannelini beans, chick peas, EVOO, red wine vinegar, vadalia onion, oregano, sea salt and ground pepper).

Burger fixings

burger_fixings_053010_P1050705.JPG

burger_sourdough_053010_P1050708.JPG

burger_sourdough_corn_tomato_bean_salad_053010_P1050715.JPG

Stuffed tomato for challenge

stuffed_tomato_053010_P1050714.JPG

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
the crust on your burger is a beautiful thing, peep.

after cutting and bundling the apple tree branches to allow more sun on the ool (anyone need applewood for smoking?) then cutting the lawn, helping the turks get a birds nest out of a bathroom vent, and officially opening said ool, i managed to go food shopping and make dinner. it was a good day, especially considering and i didn't have too many urges to drown any foreign kids.

meet my little friends, tonight's dinner:

img03121.jpg
img03141.jpg

the monsters enjoyed a hot bath with corn and baby redskins, while the clams bathed in butter, lemon, parsley, and garlic

img03231.jpg
img03151.jpg

e viola'. dinner is served:

img03201e.jpg

img03251.jpg

img03271.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
You east coast/NE people make the boils and seafood dinners look so easy and delicious.
That doesn't happen in my neck of the woods. ;)

Yeah... we had a gonzo potluck today.
I think I ate too much, but it hasn't bothered me at all so far.

buckytom

Grill Master
sass, it is really easy. believe me, if it's difficult to cook, the only way i'm eating it is in a restaurant.

for the lobsters potatoes and corn, you put the potatoes in with the cold water, bring to a rolling boil, add the corn, return to rolling boil for just a minute, then in go the lobsters covered for 7 minutes for 1 1/2 pounders.

that's it! remove everything to platters with tongs, and nuke a stick of butter, and add some lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
sass, it is really easy. believe me, if it's difficult to cook, the only way i'm eating it is in a restaurant.

for the lobsters potatoes and corn, you put the potatoes in with the cold water, bring to a rolling boil, add the corn, return to rolling boil for just a minute, then in go the lobsters covered for 7 minutes for 1 1/2 pounders.

that's it! remove everything to platters with tongs, and nuke a stick of butter, and add some lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Tom, I have a very good friend who lives in Newport, RI.
Flew over to spend a week with her 2 years ago and she told me we were going to a lobster boil. Of course I had no idea what she was talking about, but it was great fun and a learning experience for this dingaling.
She then took me to Nordic Lodge:yum: and several other places, one of which I cannot recall the name of.. but they had the best damned chowder I have ever eaten in my life.

buckytom

Grill Master
yeah, i have to give it to new englanders that a good white chowdah is something special. it's all about fresh vermont cream and butter, and down east quahogs.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
yeah, i have to give it to new englanders that a good white chowdah is something special. it's all about fresh vermont cream and butter, and down east quahogs.

No question I was impressed with NE restaurants, the environs AND the people.:tongue:
The place I had the chowdahh was in Warwick!!!!:wink:
Come to think of it Warwick had a lot of nice places to eat.
Bertucci's was a skip across the parking lot from the hotel I stayed in the first night.
That brick oven pizza was the bomb.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
All we can do is grill around here....and as long as the weather holds up, we can eat outside, otherwise we'll have to eat on the floor...no room left in the dining room..

Caesar salad
May2010142.jpg

grilled portobello mushrooms with grilled apricots, toasted garlic bread

May2010140.jpg

baked potatoes and tbones
May2010143.jpg

May2010148.jpg

the crust on your burger is a beautiful thing, peep.

after cutting and bundling the apple tree branches to allow more sun on the ool (anyone need applewood for smoking?) then cutting the lawn, helping the turks get a birds nest out of a bathroom vent, and officially opening said ool, i managed to go food shopping and make dinner. it was a good day, especially considering and i didn't have too many urges to drown any foreign kids.

meet my little friends, tonight's dinner:

img03121.jpg
img03141.jpg

the monsters enjoyed a hot bath with corn and baby redskins, while the clams bathed in butter, lemon, parsley, and garlic

img03231.jpg
img03151.jpg

e viola'. dinner is served:

img03201e.jpg

img03251.jpg

img03271.jpg

Definitely my kinda meal. Great pics, as well, BT. I adore clams, but have never bought/prepped them at home. What kind of clams, etc.? Would you share your clam recipe? TIA.

Everyone's meals look lovely.

Last edited:

buckytom

Grill Master
no problem, cc, and thanks. i'd be hesitant to even call it a recipe since it's so easy, but i'll write something up.

i made it with a little extra sauce to put over a side of pasta for my boy because he doesn't eat a lot of lobster (he just likes to play with them before they go for a swim), so you could really have just added pasta to the saute pan and you'd have linguini all vongole, or linguini with white clam sauce.

for this dish, i use either cherrystones or little necks. top necks and quahogs are just too big and get too chewy, and the bellies are too gooey. you could easily replace the clams with cockels or mussels (alive, alive oh) for a different twist. generally, i make a red sauce for the latter, though.