🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Shell steaks, spinach salad and brown rice pilaf. Maybe LOL

Any plans?

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Don't know.
It's back to work today after 2 days off, so I may eat something at work, I may hit Subway.

buckytom

Grill Master
i think we're having pork chops milanese, a la shake-n-bake. :a1: nuked spuds and sauteed broccoli on the side.

i also plan on getting that rotisserie chicken done if it hasn't gone bad already. yesterday was the sell by date.

if it has gone, i'm not gonna be happy that i chucked 7 bucks out as well as wasted the life of a little chicken.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
If I get it all together, I'm going to smoke a chicken. Wish I had a rotisserie!

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I've got either spare rib pork chops or lamb chops. Haven't decide yet what to do.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I tried that once, but got no buzz. :ohmy::yum::yum:

I have no inspiration so it will probably be spaghetti or maybe pizza.

Should've canned it, works better! :lol:
wheeee.gif wasted.gif

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
for dinner, chili-cheese fries, may cook beef-franks, too.
i cooked 4 eggs for egg salad, for another day. croutons for french-onion soup, that from this stale baguette we've got. then bread stuffing from another baguette for another dinner another day.

GotGarlic

We have a decision. DH has been farming and harvested enough green beans this week for a couple of servings (he's so proud! :wink: ). So we're having pork piccata, roasted red potatoes, and sauteed green beans with garlic and lemon.

Guts

Beef ribs, but it's going to be a late diner. Put them on till 1:00pm and wont come off till 7 or 8 pm... Having leftovers string beans with bacon and onion. side of cottage cheese.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 95
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 94

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Wow Guts, is that smoker new? I've never seen one so clean unless it's new! Whew, you ought to see mine!! :yum:

Guts

Keltin
It has been used twice. The brand is "Perfect Flame" made for Low's... I couldn't get it to work, the flame was erratic(sp) so I made sheet metal skirts for the back and two sides and it seems to work fine now. The skirts were at the legs , the wind kept messing with the flame
Kim

Last edited:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Keltin
It has been used twice. The brand is "Perfect Flame" made for Low's... I couldn't get it to work, the flame was erratic(sp) so I made sheet metal skirts for the back and two sides and it seems to work fine now.
Kim

It's a gasser? I've been wanting to get one of those vertical box units, and have been thinking long and hard about gassers of late.

Deelady

I made Crispy Lemon chicken with Udon noodles tossed in a lemon butter sauce and green bean caserole on the side :D

Attachments

• food 175.jpg
    food 175.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 91

Guts

It's a gasser? I've been wanting to get one of those vertical box units, and have been thinking long and hard about gassers of late.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes it is gas, if you look at this one you will need to do what i did to make it work, or use it in a non windy place. I just looked and I don't think they carry them any more.
Kim

Last edited:

Deelady

Sorry Keltin :) Even my daughter wanted seconds but I didnt make enough, I'll make extra next time and give you a shout! ;) and thanks
!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
well dinner went out the window. So we ordered a thin crust pizza. I had 2 slices and on the side I had 2 small vine tomatoes sliced with cubes of mozz dressed with EVOO, salt, pepper, fresh basil and my herb and spice grinder and 1/2 cup orange juice.

( BTW my 2 hour after the meal sugar was 107)

buckytom

Grill Master
guts, a few of us here have that same smoker. doc and love2q, i think.

i've had problems with getting steady temps, too. how did you make your skirts? i may try that with aluminum foil.

also, do you have a cover? the one i bought was a piece of crap. it shredded in the first windstorm.

Guts

Buckytom
I did the aluminum foil thing last year, I was disgusted with the performance of this Perfect Flame Smoker from Lowe's® it was made for Lowe's® exclusively and I don't think they carry them any more. To answer your question yes I made the skirts front and two sides the back one is a little bigger. I'm cleaning it now and will post some pics. here for you and doc. I got some galvanized metal and cut it with tin snips painted the outside black and predrilled holes in the legs then put the sheet metal on and screwed it in place. all you need to do is hold the sheet metal on the out side and trace it then cut it a little smaller. note the height should be 9¼ inches on all three pieces. I will post pics. later today.
Kim

Guts

This is what I did, and I use a disposable aluminum tray for the water plus lining the original water tray with aluminum foil. The original one was not big enough for my liking. not necessary though, just my way of doing things. I an Very Happy with the performance of this smoker now !
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 54
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 66
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 51910rib dimer 004.jpg
    51910rib dimer 004.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 61

buckytom

Grill Master
excellent, thanks guts. that looks perfect.

i think i'll have to modify the water pan as well. the one that came with it fits oddly.