Whats cooking Wednesday May 5, 2010?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I think maybe homemade minestrone or chicken soup and salad (maybe top salad with tuna or leftover grilled chicken breast.

What are your plans?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've got a couple of Rib Eye's that I'm going to grill. Haven't decided on the sides yet.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We're doing shopping so it's subway for me tonight.

K

Kimchee

Spinach,mushroom and chicken lasagna roll-ups, with a roasted garlic and red pepper sauce. A new recipe for Kimchee to try, wheeeeee!
Will serve with a nice crisp salad and some garlic infused bread.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We had an early dinner tonight...finally got the garden ready to plant so we will be planting a few things tonight. I decided on corn on the cob, broccoli and Sister Shubert's rolls to go with the Rib eyes.

Attachments

• dinner050510.jpg
    dinner050510.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 117

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Whoa.....look at the grill marks on that steak! Looks de-lish, Mama.

We're having cabbage rolls and a fresh baguette.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Spinach,mushroom and chicken lasagna roll-ups, with a roasted garlic and red pepper sauce. A new recipe for Kimchee to try, wheeeeee!
Will serve with a nice crisp salad and some garlic infused bread.

We're going to need a pic of this one. Sounds great :clap:.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Looks great, Keltin. I would have snagged that soup for 15 cents too. I just paid $2.59 for a can of Progresso Minestrone :(.

Cabbage rolls made the lazy man's way :smile::

IMG_1897.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had an early dinner tonight...finally got the garden ready to plant so we will be planting a few things tonight. I decided on corn on the cob, broccoli and Sister Shubert's rolls to go with the Rib eyes.
looks yummy mama!! i made steak and broccoli the other day also. i wish i had the corn!! LOL

buckytom

Grill Master
no cooking last night. had to rush our cat hercules to the hospital because we think he was poisoned by a med that the vet prescribed. cats cannot handles nsaids very well, and it can be fatal. so, if you're the prayin' type, say a prayer that herc recovers.

so, i went to the natural way cafe (an organic/vegan place - www.naturalwaycafe.com ) last night and got veggie "chicken" dumplings, a "chicken" teryaki wrap, mountain and sea salad (warm seaweed,wood ear mushrooms, mung bean sprouts, lettuce, oil and garlic/ginger vinegar), and gluten free pumpkin seed cookies.

and two drinks: apple, b12, and superfood(spirulina) smoothie, and a pineapple, blueberries, banana, apple, and honey smoothie.

Ronjohn

no cooking last night. had to rush our cat hercules to the hospital because we think he was poisoned by a med that the vet prescribed. cats cannot handles nsaids very well, and it can be fatal. so, if you're the prayin' type, say a prayer that herc recovers.

Here's hoping that Herc gets well soon, Bucky.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'll be sayin' a prayer for Herc, BT! Is he doing any better today?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

so, i went to the natural way cafe (an organic/vegan place - www.naturalwaycafe.com ) last night and got veggie "chicken" dumplings, a "chicken" teryaki wrap, mountain and sea salad (warm seaweed,wood ear mushrooms, mung bean sprouts, lettuce, oil and garlic/ginger vinegar), and gluten free pumpkin seed cookies.

and two drinks: apple, b12, and superfood(spirulina) smoothie, and a pineapple, blueberries, banana, apple, and honey smoothie.
big hugs and prayers bucky!!

btw i went to your link and when i click to view appy or entree et al all i get is code :sad: do they have foods and supplements that are good for diabetes?

buckytom

Grill Master
thanks everyone. herc is a little better today, but it's touch and go. if he has a lower gi ulcer, peritonitis will get him within a week.

peep, they have a ton of that stuff, dried or bottled or in drops or pills. even fresh wheatgrass shots.
it's run by a very nice family right on rt. 4 in fair lawn. it's actually broadway there, heading west just before kmart.

some of it is a bit silly though. like a mushroom (agaricus brasillensis) can cure cancer. but the food is good.

www.naturalwaycafe.com

Newnork1978

DH and I took a friend out to eat, last night. We had Mexican food at one of our new favorite places (though the name of the restaurant escapes me, now). It was tasty! I had Beef, Chicken & Shrimp Fajitas (minus the tortillas), with baked beans. Mmmm! :thumb: