Vidalia Onion Swiss Bake

homecook

2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese
2 cups chopped Vidalia onions
2 cups of mayo
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese

Mix first 3 ingredients together and pour into ovenproof bowl
Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake at 325-350° until onion is soft and cheese melted, about 40 to 45 minutes

Serve with chunks of French bread

Barb

Guts

Any sweet onions will work for this recipe.

I used jarlsbeug for the Swiss and asiago cheese for the Parmesan

Attachments

• Vidalia Onion Swiss Bake 005.jpg
    Vidalia Onion Swiss Bake 005.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 135
  • Vidalia Onion Swiss Bake 010.jpg
    Vidalia Onion Swiss Bake 010.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 136

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Man! That looks fantastic, Guts!

Thanks for posting to bump it up!

Lee

Guts

Man! That looks fantastic, Guts!

Thanks for posting to bump it up!

Lee

Lee I don't know if you have made this before? If you haven't I highly recommend it. I took it for the first time to a gathering of friends and it was gone in no time. Everybody wanted the recipe. I believe this recipe came from some kind of onion Festival and it won first prize or second prize many years ago I believe was a story I heard.

Johnny West

This is something I'd like.

Tacoma Boys and the commissary have Vidalia onions but here in the Pac NW it's easier to get Walla Walla, Hermiston or Texas Sweets. The sweet onions from Peru were anythin but. In this dish I don't think it would matter. (IMHO)

Guts

This is something I'd like.

Tacoma Boys and the commissary have Vidalia onions but here in the Pac NW it's easier to get Walla Walla, Hermiston or Texas Sweets. The sweet onions from Peru were anythin but. In this dish I don't think it would matter. (IMHO)

I bought some sweet onions at Cosco they were a product of Mexico. Sweet onions or a sign of a sweet onion is typically large diameter and short in height. Any sweet onion will work.. I think it's more important to use a good cheese and of course best food mayonnaise, there is no way that I would ever try to use miracle whip or whatever that other garbage is.

Try it Johnny I think you'll like it as a side dish or hors d'oeuvre I've never made this and had somebody say they do not like it.