DL Renewal - aarrggghhhhhh!

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Well, 2 weeks ago my driver's license was due for renewal, and of course I forgot to get it done. So this morning on my way into work I stopped to take care of it. Now I've heard a lot about new ID requirements, so at the last minute, I grabbed my passport to take with me, figuring a US passport is about the best ID I could carry.

I had: My Florida driver's license (with photo and current address)
The renewal form that they sent to my home address
A current, valid US passport (the photo actually looks like me)
A current Florida voter's ID card (with address)
My social security card
A checkbook with my name and address printed (same address)
A wallet full of credit cards, membership cards, discount cards.

They wanted one more thing with my address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They asked for a bank statement or a utility bill to prove that I was living at that address and getting my mail there!!!!!!! Apparently, their own renewal form didn't count because they had sent it ???????!!!!!!!!!!??????????

On digging through my purse, I found a payroll auto deposit, still in the envelope, that looks like a paycheck. It was in an envelope and addressed to me, so they took it.

The moral of this story is: if you're not who you say you are, renew your license via the internet, because you don't need all this stuff, and you can just lie about it. But if you are legitimately yourself (?) show up in person and just try to prove who you are!

AARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
I am soooo with you on this one. New Jersey has the same type of thing. I cannot understand why they do not take your old license if you have already been through the wringer once to their satisfaction.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Mine is coming due in September for renewal, they didn't mention anything about needing proof of where I live or who I am, but maybe I should call them anyway just to be sure.
I do know I need a note from my Dr. if I want to keep my CDL, but I don't think that will be happening so I will probably just go back to a regular drivers license.

DMV renewed my license by mail, last time around. My problem is the registration, & DMVs absurd rules. Made the mistake of speaking to them on the phone, when I inadvertantly received someone elses registration for a Lexus. (I don't drive a Lexus.) In order to get my stickers, I have to smog the car. (Already knew that.) The problem is... my car has been dead & non-operational, so I would have to get it towed. DMV told me I have to have it towed on a flatbed truck, as the wheels are not allowed to touch the City street(s). Not only will a flatbead truck be able to clear the gates or fit into the parking lot, but then I'm informed I need to apply for a PERMIT to move the vehicle. I'm clueless as to what to do at this point. GRRRR!