A new forum?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't know how many people here have heard about it but a lot of people are really getting into OAMC (Once A Month Cooking). It's a great way to save time and money no matter how big or small your family is. You spend 1 or 2 days a month in the kitchen preparing meals for the month and freezing them, then all you have to do is heat and eat!

I think it would be a really good idea to start a new forum on here and call it OAMC - Freezable meals. It's a category that is not offered on very many forums and I think it would draw a lot of new members. People could offer tips and recipes that freeze well.

What do you think?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
No I haven't heard of it. People really do this? How big are their freezers?

Let's see how much interest there is.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
It's a fab idea, Mama!
This is the way I cook a lot anyway.
Casseroles and soups portioned and frozen for later.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good idea Mama. I just created the OAMC Forum. :D

Hows that for service, ask and 15 minutes later you got it. :D

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Mama - you're a genius! What a fantastic idea for a forum. It really appeals to me, too, because I have to go and take care of my mom a lot. OAMC would work so well for my family here while I'm gone and I could make extra to take to mom.

Reps coming to you as soon as I can do it again. (Apparently I'm overdrawn. LOL)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
But I like to cook.... :-(
That's a good thing. Cook a lot more and you can freeze some of it for a later date. :D :thumb: If you don't eat it you can always pass it on to someone who might enjoy trying some of your dishes and does not have the time to cook. Sure seems like a good thing all the way around to me.